Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers My file system is 100%, can't find the huge file Post 302753277 by Corona688 on Tuesday 8th of January 2013 10:56:55 AM
Old 01-08-2013
The usual culprits are often in /var/, unless /var/ is its own partition on your system.

If you have lsof, this can help show you which files are actually open. So can ls -l /proc/[0-9]*/fd/ on some systems, particularly linux.

Beware -- do not simply delete the problem file when you find it! If it's still held open by anything, it will not be removed from disk, just removed from the directory -- forcing you to kill processes or reboot to close the file and fix the problem.

Truncate the file instead, i.e. : > filename to reduce it to zero bytes in size.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

find the largest file in whole system

find the largest file in whole system (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert a header in a huge data file without using an intermediate file

I have a file with data extracted, and need to insert a header with a constant string, say: H|PayerDataExtract if i use sed, i have to redirect the output to a seperate file like sed ' sed commands' ExtractDataFile.dat > ExtractDataFileWithHeader.dat the same is true for awk and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaktanna
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a file whick is consuming larger disk space in file system

Hello, Can anybody please tell me the command to find out the filesystem or a file which is consuming larger disk space sing i want to find out the file and want to compress it please help me out any help would be appreciated (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokeshpashine
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find default file system

is there any command to find it? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find File system according to device

Hi guys, I want to translate the device name from the command "iostat" to file system name in order to check IO problems of DB's data files. What is the way to do it? Thanks in advance, Nir (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to split a huge file by every 100 lines

into small files. i need to add a head.txt and tail.txt into small files at the begin and end, and give a name as q1.xml q2.xml q3.xml .... thank you very much. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtdt
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimised way for search & replace a value on one line in a very huge file (File Size is 24 GB).

Hi Experts, I had to edit (a particular value) in header line of a very huge file so for that i wanted to search & replace a particular value on a file which was of 24 GB in Size. I managed to do it but it took long time to complete. Can anyone please tell me how can we do it in a optimised... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishkomar007
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and modify a huge file

Dear Forum, I have a rather large file with a few million lines looking like this: head -n 5 seq.txt >KF1.8.1 010011001011100010101110000000 >DF1.6.1 0101000010111010101011111100 >XC1.3.7 010110101011101010110000011 >GG5.1.1 0100011010111010101110001101 >HK1.2.2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GDC
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Backup for NAS huge File system

Gents, I have NAS File System mounted in Solaris as \Sysapp with size 8 TB the problem once the backup stared it is impacting the performance of the OS. Do you have any idea how to can we backup this FS with fast scenario without impacting the OS. Backup type : Netbackup (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbuAliiiiiiiiii
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Split huge File System

Gents I have huge NAS File System as /sys with size 10 TB and I want to Split each 1TB in spirit File System to be mounted in the server. How to can I do that without changing anything in the source. Please your support. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AbuAliiiiiiiiii
1 Replies
Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Structure::Atom - Bioperl structure Object, describes an Atom SYNOPSIS
#add synopsis here DESCRIPTION
This object stores a Bio::Structure::Atom FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to one of the Bioperl mailing lists. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Kris Boulez Email kris.boulez@algonomics.com APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new() Title : new() Usage : $struc = Bio::Structure::Atom->new( -id => 'human_id', ); Function: Returns a new Bio::Structure::Atom object from basic constructors. Probably most called from Bio::Structure::IO. Returns : a new Bio::Structure::Atom object x() Title : x Usage : $x = $atom->x($x); Function: Set/gets the X coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the X coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is expected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The X coordinate as a number y() Title : y Usage : $y = $atom->y($y); Function: Set/gets the Y coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the Y coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is eypected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The Y coordinate as a number z() Title : z Usage : $z = $atom->z($z); Function: Set/gets the Z coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the Z coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is ezpected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The Z coordinate as a number xyz() Title : xyz Usage : ($x,$y,$z) = $atom->xyz; Function: Gets the XYZ coordinates for an Atom Returns : A list with the value for the XYZ coordinate of the Atom Args : residue() Title : residue Usage : Function: No code here, all parent/child stuff via Entry Returns : Args : icode() Title : icode Usage : $icode = $atom->icode($icode) Function: Sets/gets the icode Returns : Returns the icode for this atom Args : reference to an Atom serial() Title : serial Usage : $serial = $atom->serial($serial) Function: Sets/gets the serial number Returns : Returns the serial number for this atom Args : reference to an Atom occupancy() Title : occupancy Usage : $occupancy = $atom->occupancy($occupancy) Function: Sets/gets the occupancy Returns : Returns the occupancy for this atom Args : reference to an Atom tempfactor() Title : tempfactor Usage : $tempfactor = $atom->tempfactor($tempfactor) Function: Sets/gets the tempfactor Returns : Returns the tempfactor for this atom Args : reference to an Atom segID() Title : segID Usage : $segID = $atom->segID($segID) Function: Sets/gets the segID Returns : Returns the segID for this atom Args : reference to an Atom pdb_atomname() Title : pdb_atomname Usage : $pdb_atomname = $atom->pdb_atomname($pdb_atomname) Function: Sets/gets the pdb_atomname (atomname used in the PDB file) Returns : Returns the pdb_atomname for this atom Args : reference to an Atom element() Title : element Usage : $element = $atom->element($element) Function: Sets/gets the element Returns : Returns the element for this atom Args : reference to an Atom charge() Title : charge Usage : $charge = $atom->charge($charge) Function: Sets/gets the charge Returns : Returns the charge for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigx() Title : sigx Usage : $sigx = $atom->sigx($sigx) Function: Sets/gets the sigx Returns : Returns the sigx for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigy() Title : sigy Usage : $sigy = $atom->sigy($sigy) Function: Sets/gets the sigy Returns : Returns the sigy for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigz() Title : sigz Usage : $sigz = $atom->sigz($sigz) Function: Sets/gets the sigz Returns : Returns the sigz for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigocc() Title : sigocc Usage : $sigocc = $atom->sigocc($sigocc) Function: Sets/gets the sigocc Returns : Returns the sigocc for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigtemp() Title : sigtemp Usage : $sigtemp = $atom->sigtemp($sigtemp) Function: Sets/gets the sigtemp Returns : Returns the sigtemp for this atom Args : reference to an Atom aniso() Title : aniso Usage : $u12 = $atom->aniso("u12", $u12) Function: Sets/gets the anisotropic temperature factors Returns : Returns the requested factor for this atom Args : reference to an Atom, name of the factor, value for the factor id() Title : id Usage : $atom->id("CZ2") Function: Gets/sets the ID for this atom Returns : the ID Args : the ID _remove_residue() Title : _remove_residue Usage : Function: Removes the Residue this Atom is atttached to. Returns : Args : _grandparent() Title : _grandparent Usage : Function: get/set a symbolic reference to our grandparent Returns : Args : perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)