Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris and vxvm ( really old versions) Post 302753119 by Martincorneuk on Tuesday 8th of January 2013 11:28:38 AM
Old 01-08-2013
I'm now having an issue with Solaris ..... I'm running off my root mirror and have done a vxdiskadm option 4 on the root disk .... I've replaced the rootdisk with an 18gb disk and need to vxdiskadm option 5 back in, however .... When I try to run vxdiskadm I get
Code:
/usr/bin/vxdiskadm: Cannot create lock file /var/spool/locks/.DISKADD.LOCK

:0/
If I go to /var/spool/locks it's in there
Code:
rm /var/spool/locks/.DISKADD.LOCK
rm: /var/spool/locks/.DISKADD.LOCK not removed: No such device or address

If I do a pwd
Code:
/usr/bin/pwd: No such device or address

So it looks like a Solaris issue to me....
Checked in /usr/bin and pwd is in there ok.....

Any suggestions?

---------- Post updated at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:07 AM ----------

It's gone from bad to worse.
After investigation, a general consensus was the 2.5.1 was not very good and often required a reboot ..... which I duly did .... uh-oh....

The system failed to boot from the rootmirror.
I put the original rootdisk back in. Failed to boot.
It wont even boot from a cdrom .... just getting Fast Access Data MMU Miss errors....

Was supposed to be an easy job :0/
at the moment it's goosed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

VxVM/Hba cards/Solaris 10 FS issue

Hi all, I have a compatibly issues with a new hardware My config is the following one : Solaris 10 V490 Hardware 2 X HBA Qlogic 2310f cards An HP EVA 5000 for storage ... Veritas VxVM 4.1 MP1 When I reboot my server, VxVM is trying to mount/use the volume before it's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris versions

Hi, Does anyone know if the various releases of Solaris are archived anywhere? I work for a DR company and it would be useful to have different releases of a Solaris version number i.e. Solaris 10 6/06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to know which versions we are using c, c++ in Solaris.

How to know which versions we are using c, c++ in Solaris. Thanks & Regards Durgaprasad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

4. Solaris

VxVM on Solaris.

Hi, Quick question if anyone knows this. Is there a command I can use in Veritas Volume manager on Solaris that will tell me what the name of the SAN I am connected to? We have a number of SANs so I am unsure which one my servers are connected to. Thanks. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
13 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

vxvm version in solaris?

whats the command line to find vxvm (veritas volume manager) version installed in solaris OS? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: na75369
3 Replies

6. Solaris

VxVM 5.0 Licence key required on solaris

Hi Friends, This is suresh reddy. Recently i download veritas cluster & volume manager package from internet. I didn't found any key inside the package. If any body having the VxVM key kindly send to me. mail id: cvsureshreddy@gmail.com Regards, C V Suresh Reddy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresha2lu
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris- VxVM simulator

Hi, Could any one tel me VxVM simulator is available in market or can it be downloaded from any were???? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhan143
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris/vxvm/EMC Lun configuration

Hello all, i try to allocate the same LUN to two server (or more in the future) i use solaris 10, vxvm (vxfs) for data and solaris zones and EMC DMX-4, i try to migrate solaris zones between servers in case of problem. and this is what i want to do - affect LUN to srv00124 and srv10155 -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mat_solaris
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 patching using live upgrade with VxVM

Hello, I was assigned some Solaris machines and need to patch them to N-1, where N is the latest OS realease, which means, upgrade till one version before the latest one. I do not now a lot about Solaris. What I only know is that need to make use of live upgrade and be careful with VxVM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Versions of Oracle VM with Solaris 11?

I guess since its part of OS it depends on OS installed. I understand from OVS for Sparc 3.0 onwards you can use OV Manager (latest) to manage? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)