Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Which disk is LUN?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Which disk is LUN? Post 302753041 by malayo on Tuesday 8th of January 2013 02:13:23 AM
Old 01-08-2013
Which disk is LUN?

how do I know which hdisk from "lsdev -Cc disk" is my LUN on NetApp after zoning from SAN switch?

is it "MPIO other FC SCSI Disk Drive"?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VxVM disk/lun grow

hi, i have a volume on a LUN of an EMC-storage and i need to increase the size. i could increase the size of the LUN on the EMC, i could increase the size of the disk for solaris, but how can i tell the veritas volume manager that the disk is larger now? what i've done: 1. LUN on EMC 2.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
3 Replies

2. Solaris

command to scan Enterprise storage Lun disk in Solaris

I just installed IBMsdd on Solaris diver along with the patches recommended. I also installed 2 - 2Gigs qlogic fiber cards & the corresponding pkges for the cards. What command can I use to scan this LUN disks from my Soalris servers. Solaris doen't seem to be seeing this disks presented on it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
2 Replies

3. AIX

Problem mapping LUN disk from VIOS to the LPAR

Hello guys, It would be so nice of you if someone can provide me with these informations. 1) My SAN group assigned 51G of LUN space to the VIO server.I ran cfgdev to discover the newly added LUN. Unfortunately most of the disks that are in VIO server is 51G. How would I know which is the newly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

4. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to get WWNN of the LUN in HP-UX

Good day! I’m a beginner HP-UX administrator. I have a task to create mulitipassing (I can mistake in this word) to new 3 disks which connected to my server from EVA. It is my first task to work with Secure Path. I have read what command I need to execute, but I don’t know, how to get the WWNN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Delphin911
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Disk file and Lun Number

HI all, I am confused when I am seeing the output of bdf command ioscan -fnC disk, there is no same files which i have seen in bdf output and ioscan output...One volume was mounted in one folder called /teldb and device file path was /dev/disk/disk48. The same i didnt found in ioscan disk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvaforum
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

LUN Presentation

Hi, I have presented a LUN from my EVA 4400 to a RHEL server. The server sees 4 paths to the LUN which I can see from fdisk. If I want to add this LUN to my OS i.e. # fdisk /dev/sd??? ....which actual device do I run fdisk against? I am running multipath so is there... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
12 Replies

8. AIX

Not getting Lun Id

Hi, I am not getiting lun id information on VIO Server. I have used the command fget_config command. just showing # prompt. I would like know wheather any other command is there equiv of fget_config which will display lun id? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

9. AIX

Resize Lun

Good afternoon! Help with a solution I have AIX 7.1 works through vios I expanded Lun that it is necessary to make that aix saw this change and to expand the section lvm Sorry for my English (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iformats
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

HP-UX how formating LUN disk

Hello folks, I have Hp.ux 11.31 and I need know how formating in OS new LUN disk attach to system e.g. the wwid: # scsimgr lun_map -D /dev/rdisk/disk4 LUN PATH INFORMATION FOR LUN : /dev/rdisk/disk4 Total number of LUN paths = 2 World Wide Identifier(WWID) =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aav1307
3 Replies
hpfc(7D)							      Devices								  hpfc(7D)

NAME
hpfc - Agilent fibre channel host bus adapter SYNOPSIS
PCI pci103c DESCRIPTION
The hpfc fibre channel host bus adapter is a SCSA compliant nexus driver that supports all Agilent fibre channel host bus adapters, includ- ing the HHBA5100x, HHBA5101x, and HHBA5121x models. Agilent host bus adapters support the fibre channel protocol on private fibre channel arbitrated loops and fabrics. The driver supports up to ten host bus adapters, with a maximum of 125 fibre channel devices on each host bus adapter. The hpfc driver supports a maximum of 256 LUNs per target. The hpfc driver does not support the BIOS Int 13 feature, which enables the booting of an operating system. As a result, you should not install an operating system on devices attached to the hpfc driver. CONFIGURATION
The hpfc driver attempts to configure itself using the information in the /kernel/drv/hpfc.conf configuration file. By default, the driver supports only LUN 0 for each target device. To add multiple LUN support, modify the /kernel/drv/sd.conf file. Before upgrading the hpfc driver, backup the sd.conf file to save customized LUN settings and then use pkgrm(1M) to remove the old version of the driver. The host bus adapter port is initialized to FL_Port when connected to a fabric switch. To change it to F_Port, add the init_as_nport=1 entry to the hpfc.conf file and reboot the system. To conserve system resources, at least one disk drive must be attached to the hpfc driver. If no devices are attached, the driver will not load. FILES
/kernel/drv/hpfc 32-bit ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/sparcv9/hpfc 64-bit ELF kernel module /kernel/drv/hpfc.conf Driver configuration file /kernel/drv/sd.conf SCSI disk configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86, SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
luxadm(1M), pkgrm(1M), prtconf(1M), driver.conf(4), attributes(5), ses(7D), ssd(7D) ANSI X3.272-1996, Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL), ANSI X3.269-1996, Fibre Channel Protocol for SCSI (FCP), ANSI X3.270-1996, SCSI-3 Architecture Model (SAM), Fibre Channel Private Loop SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) SunOS 5.10 10 Oct 2000 hpfc(7D)