Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delete files whose file names are listed in a .txt file Post 302752641 by rbatte1 on Monday 7th of January 2013 10:41:17 AM
Old 01-07-2013
I think that the line:-
Code:
ftp -i -n << EOF  > ftp_log.txt

...should actually be:-
Code:
ftp -i -n <<-EOF  > ftp_log.txt

See if that helps.

Sorry about that.

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I delete files using a file that containt path and names?

Recentily i receive virus ninda and my network was files *.eml. I find all *.eml with: find / -name *.eml -print > virus Virus has the path and name of the file,so, How can i delete all *.eml? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlvaroD
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Urgent]how to print the file names into a txt file???

HI, I have a folder with some 120 files...i just want to print all the file filenames(not the content or anything else) onto a file say .txt. please help me with this command Thanks a lot. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
15 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive delete files from txt file or?

i have a txt file of image names that have to be deleted in pwd how can i use the txt file to delete the files in pwd and is it possible?--i might be able to import the txt files into a spreadsheet ahd same it as a csv file. i want it to be done recursive lly --what i mean is teh sysem goes thru... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: plener
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding consecutive numbers in version names on a txt file

Hi all. I have a directory which contains files that can be versioned. All the files are named according to a pattern like this: TEXTSTRING1-001.EXTENSION TEXTSTRING2-001.EXTENSION TEXTSTRING3-001.EXTENSION ... TEXTSTRINGn-001.EXTENSION If a file is versioned, a file called ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fox1212
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files listed in text file to new directory

I am trying to write a script that will copy all file listed in a text file (100s of file names) to a new directory Assume script will run with main as current working directory and I know how many files/lines will be in List.txt Im trying to work up a test script using this model Contents of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IAmTheGrass
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files listed in text file

Hi Team, Here's the scenario, I have a text file called "file_list.txt". Its content is as follows. 111.tmp 112.tmp 113.tmp 114.tmp These files will present in "workdir" directory. It has many files. But only the files present in file_list.txt has to be deleted from the workdir... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to delete the junk files from a directory which are not listed in a TEXT file

Hello Everyone, I want to delete the image files from a directory, which are not listed in a TEXT file. The directory contains large number of image files (in millions) required / not required. I want to delete the image files which are "not required". I have generated a Text file having... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files in a txt file

Hi, I have very old files in my server like from 2012 and i want to delete them, Please help. Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanz143
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files except the file names available in the Except File

Hi, I need some help in the below scenario. I need to delete all the files from the directory except the file name available in the Except file. Like the folder ABC have files like A1.txt,A2.txt......A10.txt and also have a file named Except.txt with the content A3.txt,A4.txt Need a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kban
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)