Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Merging two files baased on condition Post 302752519 by satyar on Monday 7th of January 2013 05:29:45 AM
Old 01-07-2013
Hi,

I am slightly changing the requirement.
Please help.

I have a single file like..
Code:
001078401*A*001
001078401*B*065
00107840*A*001
001078401*C*001
00107840*D*065
001078401*E*1200
001030035*A*001
001030035*B*065
001030035*C*001
001030035*D*065
001030031*E*200
001030035*E*1200
001030032*D*06
001030031*E*1200

And required output format is...

Code:
001078401*A*001*B*065*C*001*E*1200
00107840*A*001*D*065
001030035*A*001*B*065*C*001*D*065*E*1200
001030031*E*200*E*1200
001030032*D*06

Thanks

Last edited by Scott; 01-07-2013 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging two files

Hi I have a requirement like this. I have two files This is how data1.txt looks: EI3171280 38640658501 NENN2005-12-129999-12-312005-12-12HALL NANCY 344 CHENEY HIGHWAY ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venommaker
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging files

Thanks in advance I have 2 files having key field in each.I would like to join both on common key.I have used join but not sucessful. The files are attached here . what i Want in the output is on the key field SLS OFFR . I have used join commd but not successful. File one ======= SNO ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vakharia Mahesh
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with merging files

i would like to merge two files that have the same format but have different data. i would like to create one output file that contains information from both the original files.:rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe black
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging of files.

Hi, I want to merge the two files on the basis of columns like... file 1 Data Key A 12 B 13 file2 Data Value A A1 A A2 B B1 B B2 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of all files based on a condition

Hi Friends, I am new to UNIX. I need to merge all the files(to FINAL.txt) in single directory based one condition. Out of all the files one of file will have specific value like :GF01: at any where in the file. so the file which is having :GF01: should be appended at the last. EX:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two files with same name

Hello all, I have limited experience in shell scripting. Here goes my question: I have two directories that have same number of files with same file names i.e. consider 2 directories A and B. Both directories have files 1.txt, 2.txt...... I need to merge the file 1.txt of A with file 1.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysean
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two files with condition

I have two files of the type 111 222 10 112 223 20 113 224 30 114 225 20 and 111 222 9 444 555 8 113 224 32 666 777 25 I want to merge files based on 1 and 2nd column. if 1st and 2nd column are unique in file 1 and 2 keep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digipak
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging two files

file1.txt 1 2 10 11 56 57 7 8 43 44 and let's suppose that there is a file called file2.txt with 100 columns I want to produce a file3.txt with columns specified in file1.txt in that order (1,2,10,11,56,57,7,8,43,44) Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two files

Guys, I am having little problem with getting a daily report! The daily process that I do is as follows 1. Unload Header for the report from the systables to one unl file, say Header.unl 2. Unload the data from the required table/tables to another unl file, say Data.unl 3. Send a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two files

Hi All , I have a scenario where we need to combine two files . Below are the sample files and expected output , File 1: 1|ab 1|ac 1|ae 2|ad 2|ac File 2: 1|xy 1|fc 2|gh 2|ku Output file : 1|ab|xy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
3 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Component - Base graphical unit DESCRIPTION
A Component is an entity with a graphical representation. SYNOPSIS
my $c = Graphics::Primitive::Component->new({ origin => Geometry::Primitive::Point->new({ x => $x, y => $y }), width => 500, height => 350 }); LIFECYCLE
prepare Most components do the majority of their setup in the prepare. The goal of prepare is to establish it's minimum height and width so that it can be properly positioned by a layout manager. $driver->prepare($comp); layout This is not a method of Component, but a phase introduced by the use of Layout::Manager. If the component is a container then each of it's child components (even the containers) will be positioned according to the minimum height and width determined during prepare. Different layout manager implementations have different rules, so consult the documentation for each for details. After this phase has completed the origin, height and width should be set for all components. $lm->do_layout($comp); finalize This final phase provides and opportunity for the component to do any final changes to it's internals before being passed to a driver for drawing. An example might be a component that draws a fleuron at it's extremities. Since the final height and width isn't known until this phase, it was impossible for it to position these internal components until now. It may even defer creation of this components until now. It is not ok to defer all action to the finalize phase. If you do not establish a minimum hieght and width during prepare then the layout manager may not provide you with enough space to draw. $driver->finalize($comp); draw Handled by Graphics::Primitive::Driver. $driver->draw($comp); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Component. Instance Methods background_color Set this component's background color. border Set this component's border, which should be an instance of Border. callback Optional callback that is fired at the beginning of the "finalize" phase. This allows you to add some sort of custom code that can modify the component just before it is rendered. The only argument is the component itself. Note that changing the position or the dimensions of the component will not re-layout the scene. You may have weird results of you manipulate the component's dimensions here. class Set/Get this component's class, which is an abitrary string. Graphics::Primitive has no internal use for this attribute but provides it for outside use. color Set this component's foreground color. fire_callback Method to execute this component's "callback". get_tree Get a tree for this component. Since components are -- by definiton -- leaf nodes, this tree will only have the one member at it's root. has_callback Predicate that tells if this component has a "callback". height Set this component's height. inside_bounding_box Returns a Rectangle that defines the edges of the 'inside' box for this component. This box is relative to the origin of the component. inside_height Get the height available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. inside_width Get the width available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. margins Set this component's margins, which should be an instance of Insets. Margins are the space outside the component's bounding box, as in CSS. The margins should be outside the border. maximum_height Set/Get this component's maximum height. Used to inform a layout manager. maximum_width Set/Get this component's maximum width. Used to inform a layout manager. minimum_height Set/Get this component's minimum height. Used to inform a layout manager. minimum_inside_height Get the minimum height available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. minimum_inside_width Get the minimum width available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. minimum_width Set/Get this component's minimum width. Used to inform a layout manager. name Set this component's name. This is not required, but may inform consumers of a component. Pay attention to that library's documentation. origin Set/Get the origin point for this component. outside_height Get the height consumed by padding, margin and borders. outside_width Get the width consumed by padding, margin and borders. finalize Method provided to give component one last opportunity to put it's contents into the provided space. Called after prepare. padding Set this component's padding, which should be an instance of Insets. Padding is the space inside the component's bounding box, as in CSS. This padding should be between the border and the component's content. page If true then this component represents stand-alone page. This informs the driver that this component (and any children) are to be renderered on a single surface. This only really makes sense in formats that have pages such as PDF of PostScript. prepare Method to prepare this component for drawing. This is an empty sub and is meant to be overridden by a specific implementation. preferred_height Set/Get this component's preferred height. Used to inform a layout manager. preferred_width Set/Get this component's preferred width. Used to inform a layout manager. to_string Get a string representation of this component in the form of: $name $x,$y ($widthx$height) visible Set/Get this component's visible flag. width Set/Get this component's width. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-geometry-primitive at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Geometry-Primitive <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Geometry-Primitive>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2009 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2011-06-02 Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)