Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: While ...loop
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting While ...loop Post 302752483 by RudiC on Monday 7th of January 2013 04:37:24 AM
Old 01-07-2013
You need either sth corresponding to bash indirection (don't know in ksh - ${!vname}?) or use eval to assign to BDUMP_DIR.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a better way I could have run this loop. (For loop with two variables)

Sorry for such a dreadful title, but I'm not sure how to be more descriptive. I'm hoping some of the more gurutastic out there can take a look at a solution I came up with to a problem, and advice if there are better ways to have gone about it. To make a long story short around 20K pieces of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables created sequentially in a loop while still inside of the loop [bash]

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to create a set of variables that are numbered based on another variable (using eval) in a loop, and then call on it before the loop ends. As an example I've written a script called question (The fist command is to show what is the contents of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Null Handling in Until loop. . .loop won't stop

Hi Im running this script, which is supposed to find the max value build some tables and then stop running once all the tables are built. Thing is , it keeps assigning a null value to $h and then $g is null so it keep building tables i.e. testupdateNUL. How can I stop this? Here is what I have: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brandono66
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH loop inside a loop question

Hi all Sorry for the basic question, but i am writing a shell script to get around a slightly flaky binary that ships with one of our servers. This particular utility randomly generates the correct information and could work first time or may work on the 12th or 100th attempt etc !.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

S# in a for loop - concatenate $(loop counter)

Hi, hope I am posting in the right section. My problem is that I have 2 or more arguments passed and I want to check if the arguments passed exists or not. The first argument should not exist and the remaining others should exist. example: ./shells.sh argument1 argument2 argument3 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fight4love
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

My for loop decides to become an infinite loop?

Hi, I was debating if I should put this in the dummies or scripts section, I apologize in advance if I chose poorly. Fairly new to Unix and BASH scripting but I thought I made it fairly well given my limited understanding. However, the output indicates that it's looping and I'm ending up with a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotreef
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Variable being Assigned Values in Loop, But Gone when Loop Completes???

Hello All, Maybe I'm Missing something here but I have NOOO idea what the heck is going on with this....? I have a Variable that contains a PATTERN of what I'm considering "Illegal Characters". So what I'm doing is looping through a string containing some of these "Illegal Characters". Now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reset while loop to loop same file multiple times

Hi, I want to read file multiple times. Right now i am using while loop but that is not working. ex. While read line do while read line2 do echo stmt1 #processing some data based on data., done < file2.txt done < file1.txt # This will have 10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk loop using array:wish to store array values from loop for use outside loop

Here's my code: awk -F '' 'NR==FNR { if (/time/ && $5>10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":"($5-01) else if (/time/ && $5<01) A=$2" "$3":"$4-01":"(59-$5) else if (/time/ && $5<=10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":0"($5-01) else if (/close/) { B=0 n1=n2; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klane
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop or while loop from a text file

Hi all, i developed a script to measure the uptime of a process in a Solaris 10/11 environments. All is well, but i came across a situation where there are multiple processes of the same name. Basically i have the following result file: beVWARS 13357 19592122 beVWARS 14329 19591910... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
4 Replies
avc_context_to_sid(3)					     SELinux API documentation					     avc_context_to_sid(3)

NAME
avc_context_to_sid, avc_sid_to_context, avc_get_initial_sid - obtain and manipulate SELinux security ID's. SYNOPSIS
#include <selinux/selinux.h> #include <selinux/avc.h> int avc_context_to_sid(security_context_t ctx, security_id_t *sid); int avc_sid_to_context(security_id_t sid, security_context_t *ctx); int avc_get_initial_sid(const char *name, security_id_t *sid); DESCRIPTION
Security ID's (SID's) are opaque representations of security contexts, managed by the userspace AVC. avc_context_to_sid returns a SID for the given context in the memory referenced by sid. avc_sid_to_context returns a copy of the context represented by sid in the memory referenced by ctx. The user must free the copy with freecon(3). avc_get_initial_sid returns a SID for the kernel initial security identifier specified by name. RETURN VALUE
avc_context_to_sid and avc_sid_to_context return zero on success. On error, -1 is returned and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
ENOMEM An attempt to allocate memory failed. NOTES
As of libselinux version 2.0.86, SID's are no longer reference counted. A SID will be valid from the time it is first obtained until the next call to avc_destroy(3). The sidget and sidput functions, formerly used to adjust the reference count, are no-ops and are deprecated. AUTHOR
Eamon Walsh <ewalsh@tycho.nsa.gov> SEE ALSO
avc_init(3), avc_has_perm(3), avc_cache_stats(3), avc_add_callback(3), getcon(3), freecon(3) selinux(8) 27 May 2004 avc_context_to_sid(3)