Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Control Cores/CPUs used in Linux instance on VMware Post 302752439 by RHCE on Monday 7th of January 2013 03:18:09 AM
Old 01-07-2013
Yes, thanks for getting it right. I was asking if we can allocate only one core from a host CPU to the new instance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux Mandrake 9.1 running on Vmware workstation 4

Im running WinXp and just recently installed VMware workstation v4 to emulate Linux Mandrake 9.1. It succesfully installed.. Situation: My xp home edition is static on a linksys router it is my host computer.. Linux is running on Vmware as guest operation system.. Im not sure how to configure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewINLinux
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detecting Vmware on Linux

Hi, I need help to detect Vmware on Linux and SunOS. I need to know if Vmware is installed on the box. If yes then if it is a physical or a virtual machine. Thanks in advance, amittal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amittal
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to find VMware info from Linux?

Hi, I have two questions about Linux with VMware: (1) How to tell if the system is real or VMware virtual from a Linux platform without root privilege? (root can use 'dmidecode | grep -i vmware). The command 'dmesg | grep -i vmware' run by everyone is not always working for this purpose. (2)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing a simple script to get total number of cpus/cores in server

Hi, I am very new to scripting and I wanted to write a unix shell script which can give me, 1)number of cpu's in a box 2)number of cores per cpu 3)total number of cores in abox (ie multiplying 1&2) I am also trying to figure out how to check if hyper-threading is enabled in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: steven12
8 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Redhat LINUX 5 setting In VMWARE

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have installed Redhat Linux 5 in VMWARE and would need to access through putty form the same desktop or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SasiWipro
2 Replies

6. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Redhat Linux 5 settings in VMWARE

I have installed Redhat Linux 5 in VMWARE and would need to access through putty form the same desktop or other desktop, Please help me what are the config setting needs to be modified We could connect through Router (Wifi) or network, also Without network since the server hosted on same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SasiWipro
0 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to configure in redhat linux on vmware?

Hi All, I installed Red-hat linux(64bit-x86) os on vmware 8,configure IP address and services but it is unable to come in to network.it is production server. please provide solution to me , it is very urgent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run two unix/linux programs on two different cpu cores

Hi folks, I want to know how to run two unix programs on two different cpu cores on a 2-core or 4-core or 8-core CPU machine? Extending this how would i run four and eight unix programs on 4-core and 8-core machine respectively? If this can be done, how to know which program is assigned to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to find the number of cores in a Red Hat Linux box?

Hi, Could you please Tell me the command to find the number of cores in red hat box? I have tried cat cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep processor | wc -l command to find the number of processers. But need to fond the number of cores. Is there any difference between core and processor? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikas89
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Installing Linux on Vmware - Help needed

Hi Friends I am trying to install linux (32 bit) on windows. so i used Oracle virtual box and Vmware player in windows and installed them. but there is no category to select Linux version 7. how to install it pls help here. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ded325
7 Replies
asadmin-stop-instance(1AS)					   User Commands					asadmin-stop-instance(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-stop-instance, stop-instance - stops the specified server instance and all the services associated with it SYNOPSIS
stop-instance [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host local_host] [--port 4848] [--local=false] [--domain domain_name] [--secure|-s]instance_name Use the stop-instance to stop the instance with the instance name specified. The stop-instance can be run both locally and remotely. The named instance must already exist within the given domain; and the instance must be running. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --domain name of the domain. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be stopped. Example 1: Using stop-instance in local mode asadmin> stop-instance --local --domain domain1 server1 Instance server1 stopped Where: the server1 instance associated with the domain1 domain is stopped locally. Example 2: Using stop-instance in remote mode asadmin> stop-instance --user admin --password bluestar --host localhost --port 4848 server1 Instance server1 stopped Where: the server1 instance associated with the named user, password, host and port is deleted from the remote machine. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-delete-instance(1AS), asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-create-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS), asadmin-start- appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-stop-instance(1AS)