Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How I can explain this?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How I can explain this? Post 302752313 by Yoda on Sunday 6th of January 2013 06:46:11 PM
Old 01-06-2013
Code:
[num] got: [num], [num]

1. [num] is the Parent PID
  2. [num] is the Child PID
  3. [num] is the result of modulo operation performed below:
Code:
sprintf(buf, "[%d],[%d]\n", a, a % b);

Then result is printed:
Code:
printf("[%d] got: %s\n", (int) getpid(), buf);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

please explain this

zsh 4.3.4% cat file ACFCFACCACARCSHFARCVJVASTVAJFTVAJVGHBAJ zsh 4.3.4% cat file1 A C F R zsh 4.3.4% <file1 while read;do printf "%s=%d\n" "$REPLY" "${#$(<file)//}";done A=9 C=7 F=4 R=2 That was the previous post. But , can anybody can explain me in detail about this line zsh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummy_needhelp
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please can any one explain this ${0##/}

I did not understand what is ${0##/} PGM=${0##/} TMP=/tmp/${PGM}.$$ Please explain me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gadege
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

please explain the below

could u please convert the below statement to shell script ---------- logdir=/smp/dyn/logfiles/cpm/pgm/pgIm $logdir = $logdir ."/pgIm${toDate}*"; ---- could u please explain the below clearly grep -i adding $logdir | grep -iv equation | awk '{print \$NF}' | sort -u | sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

4. AIX

can anyone explain this?

this is the mksys b script.... can anyone explain .. what # and 1 in if condition this is the first line of the script... it is not from middle of the script.... if then echo "Not enough parameters, need a client name for mksysb" Usage="Usage: $0 <client name>" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honeym210
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please explain this

if then echo "Syntax: $0 <sid> <COLD/HOT> <DEST>" exit fi if --------------what does this mean??? echo "Syntax: $0 <sid> <COLD/HOT> <DEST>"---pls explain this as well (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appsdba.nitin
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

can any one explain this example

hi all i have an example i want one help me to understand cause i tried to test it but almost fail and i don't know how can i solve this problem " the main idea to read from two files and replace something from one to another " but i don't understand why it fail all time $ cat main.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Could anyone help explain this?

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have a retake assignment to complete for my computer networks and OS class. This isn't really my area, had I known last year I could have swapped it for a different module I would have done so. I'm determined to get through it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Squall Moogle
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explain $# please

I'm trying to follow a script and I see it begins with this: if ; then if ; then print "blah $0 blah blah " exit fi fi What does $# mean? I found out that $1 refers to the shell environment and the last argument that was entered or passed in the previous command. I couldn't find $#... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

anyone can explain this?

why the case 2 will happen ? , ' should stop the history substitution ,shouldn't it? case 1 # echo "123"|sed '/123/!d' 123 case 2 # echo "123 > 456 > 1 > "|sed '/123/!d' -bash: !d': event not found case 3 # echo "123 > 456 > 12 > "|sed '/123/'\!d 123 # bash --version (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justlooks
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone explain this for me?

Can someone do me a favour and explain the following for me: ((r=$RANDOM%$n+1)) I know what $RANDOM does but what is % sign and what does it do with %$n+1? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
2 Replies
scrl(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    scrl(3XCURSES)

NAME
scrl, scroll, wscrl - scroll a window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int scrl(int n); int scroll(WINDOW *win); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); PARAMETERS
n number and direction of lines to scroll win pointer to the window in which to scroll DESCRIPTION
The scroll() function scrolls the window win up one line. The current cursor position is not changed. The scrl() and wscrl() functions scroll the window stdscr or win up or down n lines, where n is a positive (scroll up) or negative (scroll down) integer. The scrollok(3XCURSES) function must be enabled for these functions to work. RETURN VALUES
On success, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
clearok(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jun 2002 scrl(3XCURSES)