Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Restart debian server if one specific process has more than 10 seconds have high cpu load Post 302752263 by Jotne on Sunday 6th of January 2013 01:41:59 PM
Old 01-06-2013
It would be better to find the root cause to the problem and fix it, instead of reboot the whole server. If needed, restart only the process.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Application high CPU load

after a long period of running, the network application's CPU load in our syst em increase slowly, the failed at the end. we use "truss" tool to trace the process, found that it processes something like "semop" ,"semctl","thread_waitlock","kread" kernel call . The trace log file looks like the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

High cpu load average

Hi Buddies, Thanx for reading my first post... After googling a lot and searching so many forums I am feeling down a bit... Please don't mind my ignorence, and my grammer ... :) My server is running RHEL 2.6.9-5.EL. The cpu load is going higher than roof, almost 100 sometimes. I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

3. AIX

High CPU utilization by a pro*C process

Hi , we upgarded our AIX from 5.3 to 6.1 and upgraded our xlc compiler from ver 6.0 to 9.0 . After this upgrade one of our pro*C program is utilizing around 20% of the CPU. Before upgarde its using only 0.2 %. when i try to debug using the truss command i got the below error. $... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugunthanvh
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check high cpu utilization for java process

Hello Team, I need help in preparing script to check for high cpu utilisation for java process. I have many java process on my system which consumes high cpu so i have to monitor it using script. ---------- Post updated 12-10-10 at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous update was 12-09-10 at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

apache high cpu load on high traffic

i have a Intel Quad Core Xeon X3440 (4 x 2.53GHz, 8MB Cache, Hyper Threaded) with 16gig and 1tb harddrive with a 1gb port and my apache is causing my cpu to go up to 100% on all four cores heres my http.config <IfModule prefork.c> StartServers 10 MinSpareServers 10 MaxSpareServers 15... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to monitor process with high CPU

Hi, Linux redhat 5.5 I need to write a kshell script that shows all the process that consume 100% CPU (or more. strange but there are time that top shows higger value that 100) and they are active more than 5 minute. The top command shows all the relevat information: The PID of the cpu ,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor the CPU load for each process and total

Hi guys, I have to set up a script which monitors the amount of AVG CPU load per each process and also the total load for a sum of processes. The processes have the same name, I can only differentiate by port number they listen to, as follows : 28171 root 20 0 1089m 21m 3608 S 103... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liviusbr
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

CPU high - apache real server OK, virtual server not

Got two RHEL servers - one real and one virtual/cloud. Both run apache web server. When traffic is applied, CPU seems to go quite high on virtual one (20%) but real is not really affected. Worry is that a further increase in traffic will see a problem. Experience of RHEL is limited. Whats... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I have a 12 core Linux cpu but the load is really high on this box, hovering around 50.

I have a 12 core linux cpu but the load is really high on this box, hovering around 50. What configuration changes do we need to make so that system have no bottleneck. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
13 Replies

10. AIX

Process lose its parent then consume high CPU usage ...

Hello. In an informix context, on AIX 5.3 TL 12, we encounter this problem : Sometimes in the day (probably when users exits from their session), a child process lose its parent (PPID is now "1") and this child is consumming lot of CPU "USER". I tried, on different cases, "truss -p... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
4 Replies
XNBD-WATCHDOG(1)					      General Commands Manual						  XNBD-WATCHDOG(1)

NAME
xnbd-watchdog -- Watch a NBD device as started by xnbd-client(1) SYNOPSIS
xnbd-watchdog [--timeout SECONDS] [--interval SECONDS] [--recovery-command COMMAND] [--recovery-command-reboot] [NBD_DEVICE] DESCRIPTION
With the xnbd-watchdog, you can monitor a running nbd-client and trigger actions on failure. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --timeout SECONDS Triggers the recovery command action if the watchdog process is unable to connect to the NBD_DEVICE within the given timeout. If not given, this defaults to 10 seconds. --interval SECONDS Specifies the polling interval between probes. If not given, this defaults to 10 seconds. --recovery-command COMMAND If given, the COMMAND is executed if the watchdog is unable to connect the NBD device after timeout exceeded. --recovery-command-reboot This argument is a shortcut for --recovery-command 'reboot now'. That is, it will reboot the server upon failure. POSITIONAL ARGUMENTS
The following positional options are supported: NBD_SERVER The local nbd-device to be associated with the remote xnbd-server. SEE ALSO
xnbd-server (8). AUTHOR
The NBD kernel module and the NBD tools have been written by Pavel Macheck (pavel@ucw.cz) and is now maintained by Paul Clements. (Paul.Clements@steeleye.com). The xNBD userland (client and server) have been written by Takahiro Hirofuchi (t.hirofuchi@aist.go.jp) This manual page was written by Arno Toell (debian@toell.net) for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2, as published by the Free Software Foundation. XNBD-WATCHDOG(1)