Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PowerHA6
Operating Systems AIX PowerHA6 Post 302752197 by powerAIX on Sunday 6th of January 2013 03:16:05 AM
Old 01-06-2013
I have assigned 2 nic cards to each lpar and nic card having 2 ports. I have db running on one lpar and app on the other. The each lpar is having one ether channel of ent0 and ent2 of two different nic card ports. Ha is configured with this single etherchannel. Now when fail over happens we feel the performance is a bit slow.
So what i want to try is create another ether channel with ent1 and ent3 and reconfigure ha in a way so that my service ip of the failing server will sit on this new etherchannel means my lpar1 service ip will be on etherchannel 4 and after failover my lapr2 service ip will be on etherchannel 5 of the lpar1.

Now my question is it possible to do so?

powerAIX

Tk_InitConsoleChannels(3)				       Tk Library Procedures					 Tk_InitConsoleChannels(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_InitConsoleChannels - Install the console channels as standard channels SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_InitConsoleChannels(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which the console channels are created. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_InitConsoleChannels is invoked to create a set of console channels and install them as the standard channels. All I/O on these channels will be discarded until Tk_CreateConsoleWindow is called to attach the console to a text widget. This function is for use by shell applications based on Tk, like wish, on platforms which have no standard channels in graphical mode, like Win32. The interp argument is the interpreter in which to create and install the console channels. NOTE: If this function is used it has to be called before the first call to Tcl_RegisterChannel, directly, or indirectly through other channel functions. Because otherwise the standard channels will be already initialized to the system defaults, which will be nonsensical for the case Tk_InitConsoleChannels is for. SEE ALSO
console(n) KEYWORDS
standard channels, console Tk 8.5 Tk_InitConsoleChannels(3)