Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Email Command Error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Email Command Error Post 302752061 by Yoda on Saturday 5th of January 2013 01:19:53 PM
Old 01-05-2013
Using mailx

Code:
FILE=$1                                                         # Accept file name as argument.

[[ -s "$FILE" ]] && mailx -s "Subject" user@host.com < $FILE    # Check file size if > 0, then send mail

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How do I send email from command prompt?

hi all How do I send email from command prompt? i tried this # mutt -s "Test mail" -a /root/Desktop/email1.txt XXXXX@yahoo.co.in < /root/Desktop/email.txt Error sending message, child exited 71 (Operating system error.). Segmentation fault # and also root@localhost ~]# /bin/mail -s "what... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: munna_dude
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to send email as CC to a ID using Mailx command in HP UX

Hey Guys, I have been trying to send a email as ccto a email ID .However it seems the -c option is not working in HP UX system. It is shooting an error as "mailx: illegal option -- c" My script isin the below manner: mailx -c EMAIL_IDS_CC# -s 'BDC reminder' -r sender@email.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit.shetty84
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to email from the terminal

I have a script, myscript.sh that I need the output to be sent by email to bernadette@email.com bill@email.com and will@email.com . How do I go about making this happen? I am using the Macintosh Operating system with Entourage 2008 as my email client, but I would fine just doing this in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Email command in unix

Folks, I have two files, i.e. one.txt and two.dat on unix file system. I need to include the contents of one.txt in the body of the email to the sender and attach two.dat in the same email as an attachment using ksh commands, mailx or uuencode etc... I know how to send them seperately but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calredd
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Command line email help needed

Hi, having some problems getting commandline mail to work for root user in ubuntu. Ive installed the following packages - msmtp & mailx and the cert for gmail. I've created 3 files: mailrc and msmtprc in /home/username directory and /etc/exim4/passwd.client mailrc ------ set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziggycat
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending output of command via email

Hi all i want to send the output of a command by email, i have done this <comand> | mail -s <subject> <email address> which works well, but if the command retunrs noting then i just get a blank email, is there a way to stop this thanks Adam (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command for email

May I know what is the command-line instruction to show all the subjects and authors of my emails contained in a directory by using egrep? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcuslki
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using top command to email if process is exceeding 25% and sending an email alert if so

This is my first time writing a script and Im having some trouble, Im trying to use the top command to monitor processes and the amount of CPU usage they require, my aim is to get an email if a process takes over a certain percentage of CPU usage I tried grep Obviosly that hasnt worked, Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay02
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Custom command and email

Hi All, I am having a program called emailstat which will send email based on the message we pass emailstat -email <email> now I am trying to run the vmstat and and pass the output to emailstat source in -message part. Is this possible ? Thanks Arun (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mutt command email body

Hi Team, While sending the email using the mutt command, mail body not appearing properly and attachment it is showing without line breaks and i used the CSS Style (nowrapper )it is working fine. in this case how to handle the email body, please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bmk123
1 Replies
CHECKBASHISMS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CHECKBASHISMS(1)

NAME
checkbashisms - check for bashisms in /bin/sh scripts SYNOPSIS
checkbashisms script ... checkbashisms --help|--version DESCRIPTION
checkbashisms, based on one of the checks from the lintian system, performs basic checks on /bin/sh shell scripts for the possible presence of bashisms. It takes the names of the shell scripts on the command line, and outputs warnings if possible bashisms are detected. Note that the definition of a bashism in this context roughly equates to "a shell feature that is not required to be supported by POSIX"; this means that some issues flagged may be permitted under optional sections of POSIX, such as XSI or User Portability. In cases where POSIX and Debian Policy disagree, checkbashisms by default allows extensions permitted by Policy but may also provide options for stricter checking. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --newline, -n Check for "echo -n" usage (non POSIX but required by Debian Policy 10.4.) --posix, -p Check for issues which are non POSIX but required to be supported by Debian Policy 10.4 (implies -n). --force, -f Force each script to be checked, even if it would normally not be (for instance, it has a bash or non POSIX shell shebang or appears to be a shell wrapper). --extra, -x Highlight lines which, whilst they do not contain bashisms, may be useful in determining whether a particular issue is a false posi- tive which may be ignored. For example, the use of "$BASH_ENV" may be preceded by checking whether "$BASH" is set. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. EXIT VALUES
The exit value will be 0 if no possible bashisms or other problems were detected. Otherwise it will be the sum of the following error val- ues: 1 A possible bashism was detected. 2 A file was skipped for some reason, for example, because it was unreadable or not found. The warning message will give details. SEE ALSO
lintian(1). AUTHOR
checkbashisms was originally written as a shell script by Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> and rewritten in Perl with many more features by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities CHECKBASHISMS(1)