Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Form of Red Hat license
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Form of Red Hat license Post 302751627 by fpmurphy on Friday 4th of January 2013 08:07:11 AM
Old 01-04-2013
Red Hat does not issue paper licenses.

For more information see Red Hat License Agreements

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 7.2.....

I just installed red hat 7.2 on my laptop. it's dual booted with xp and red hat. when i boot in to linux it boots up to the screen to ask me my name and pass....i put in root and my password. after this it goes to a blue screen and sits there. the after about 2 minutes it comes up with a fatal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muzscman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LiLo in Red Hat 8

I am about to go buy myself a wireless card for my Red Hat laptop. But I am going to have to recompile the kernel to run it in linux, and I heard that the GRUB bootloader gives you troubles when recompiling kernel. So, I booted off the cd to upgrade. I attempted to install LiLo and everything... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: djtrippin
7 Replies

3. Linux

Red Hat?

I have a Red Hat upgrade disk. I installed it and it corrupted my entire hard drive! I had gotten the disks out of a Dummy's book at my local library. Trying to install 'Red Hat', has cost me $100.00 in damages. (The cool part is my friend gave me that $100.00 part) Ah...A 120gig Hard Drive. Just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdk_mkr
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 9 help

please help me how to install softwares in linux.i have a ethernet internet connection.i try to open the site on LAN to download internet client.but i cannot as our lan supports only internet explorer....i downloaded the linux client by booting thru XP......but i cannot c my NTFS partition thru... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhit143
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat Enterprise 3

Hy, I am going to start RedHat Enterprise 3 self studying. I have provided installation media for my self placed training at home, but I don't know were to find documentation. Any advices? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: R@LE
1 Replies

6. Linux

red hat ee 2.6.9-42

hello. I would be greatfull if someone could tell me how will i see what dns server and gateway my red hat server uses. I tryied to find out by typing ifconfig command but i got : -bash: ifconfig: command not found , although man ifonconfig gives output with info about using that command. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Red Hat E 3

I'm am working with a Red Hat Enterprise 3 server. This is a dedicated server that is supposedly dedicated to one domain, but I have been tasked with trying to figure out if there are files on this system that are being accessed by other IP's. Does anyone know if how I would go about finding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisPlusPlus
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Red-hat

Hello, How do I see what IP addresses are connected to my machine? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonomao
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies
RHN_CHECK(8)							  Red Hat Network						      RHN_CHECK(8)

NAME
rhn_check - check for queued actions on RHN and execute them SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rhn_check [-v] [--verbose] DESCRIPTION
rhn_check is a client program that connects to the Red Hat Network backend servers and retrieves information associated with the queued actions for this particular system. This script reads the digital server ID from /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid and uses that to identify the machine to the Red Hat Network. Upon successfull authentication, rhn_check will start processing the queued actions sequentially. ACTION TYPES
The following types of actions are currently processed by rhn_check: action type description () () refresh This action will refresh the hardware or software profiles of this machine with Red Hat Network. This fucntion is called as refresh(hardware) or refresh(rpmlist) new_systemid This action is used by the RHn Backend to update the Digital system ID of this machine with a new one. update_packages This action will trigger rhn_check into running a package update for a list of packages queued from the Red Hat Network. rhn_check will use modules from the up2date client to download the packages, solve dependencies and install the on the system. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto Red Hat Network. This file does not exist otherwise. /var/spool/up2date This directory is used by up2date to store package headers and RPM packages downloaded from Red Hat Network SEE ALSO
man pages for up2date(8) and rhnsd(8). AUTHORS
Cristian Gafton <gafton@redhat.com> Preston Brown <pbrown@redhat.com> ()