Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find and Replace Path in UNIX Post 302751491 by RudiC on Friday 4th of January 2013 04:23:10 AM
Old 01-04-2013
Strange, your command works perfectly for me...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

URGENT: UNIX FTP cannot find path error

Dear all We are currently working on to install some ERP system in wjhich we need to FTP from unix to windows 2000 machine We run ./lodrun to get files from d/xxxxx/xxxx directory but the ftpoutput.log file shows following error FTP: xxxxxxxxx system cannot find the path specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: minix
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find complete path of a file in unix

hi experts(novice people can stay away as it is no child's game), i am developing a script which works like recycle bin of windows. the problem i am facing is that when ever i am trying to delete a file which is situated in parent directory or parent's parent directory i am unable to capture... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yahoo!
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find complete path of a file in unix

hi experts(novice people can stay away as it is no child's game), i am developing a script which works like recycle bin of windows. the problem i am facing is that when ever i am trying to delete a file which is situated in parent directory or parent's parent directory i am unable to capture... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahoo!
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a path within unix root directory

I need to know whether nyfile/mypath exists on the file system in the root directory. How to do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find unix path to a file?

I know this is very newbie ... but I need help determining the proper file path to file...Have no idea how to do this I'm on a Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard thanks very much (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmarc
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace string from file which contains variable and path - SH

e.g. /home/$USER/.config replace it with "" (empty) Is this possible? I think you should play a bit with sharps ## and sed:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Find, replace, file path in multiple files for Solaris 10

Guys I have a big issue that I need to get fixed ASAP however I can not seem to find a way to do it. We started to use zones with Solaris 10 at work and we moved a zone from a SIT box to a DEV box. Problem is the software we have installed is looking at a /lcl/sit/apps/ path and it needs to look... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace a path with sed?

Hi, I am attempting to find the path /subject/grin* and replace it with /subject/$i My attempt: for i in $(ls) do sed -e 's:"/subjects/grin.*":"/subjects/$i.*":g' and several variants with no luck. Please help. Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JC_1
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match a path anywhere in the line and replace it with new path

I want to pattern match only path part from below and replace them with new path string. LoadModule jk_module /fldrA/fldrBaf/fldrCaa/modules/mod_jk.so JkWorkersFile /fldrA/fldrBaf/fldrCaa/config/OHS/ohs1/workers.properties JkLogFile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace the path value in files, pattern is not full known.

Hi, I need to do find and replace, but the pattern is not full known. for example, my file has /proj/app-d1/sun or /data/site-d1/conf here app-d1 and site-d1 is not constant. It may be different in different files. common part is /proj/xx/sun and /data/xxx/conf i want to find where ever... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
6 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)