Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Form of Red Hat license
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Form of Red Hat license Post 302751475 by RHCE on Friday 4th of January 2013 03:36:26 AM
Old 01-04-2013
Form of Red Hat license

I wanted to know in which form are the Red Hat licenses, are they paper licenses or in the form of a soft copy.

I hope, my question is clear.

Please revert with the reply to my query.

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 7.2.....

I just installed red hat 7.2 on my laptop. it's dual booted with xp and red hat. when i boot in to linux it boots up to the screen to ask me my name and pass....i put in root and my password. after this it goes to a blue screen and sits there. the after about 2 minutes it comes up with a fatal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muzscman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LiLo in Red Hat 8

I am about to go buy myself a wireless card for my Red Hat laptop. But I am going to have to recompile the kernel to run it in linux, and I heard that the GRUB bootloader gives you troubles when recompiling kernel. So, I booted off the cd to upgrade. I attempted to install LiLo and everything... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: djtrippin
7 Replies

3. Linux

Red Hat?

I have a Red Hat upgrade disk. I installed it and it corrupted my entire hard drive! I had gotten the disks out of a Dummy's book at my local library. Trying to install 'Red Hat', has cost me $100.00 in damages. (The cool part is my friend gave me that $100.00 part) Ah...A 120gig Hard Drive. Just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdk_mkr
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 9 help

please help me how to install softwares in linux.i have a ethernet internet connection.i try to open the site on LAN to download internet client.but i cannot as our lan supports only internet explorer....i downloaded the linux client by booting thru XP......but i cannot c my NTFS partition thru... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhit143
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat Enterprise 3

Hy, I am going to start RedHat Enterprise 3 self studying. I have provided installation media for my self placed training at home, but I don't know were to find documentation. Any advices? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: R@LE
1 Replies

6. Linux

red hat ee 2.6.9-42

hello. I would be greatfull if someone could tell me how will i see what dns server and gateway my red hat server uses. I tryied to find out by typing ifconfig command but i got : -bash: ifconfig: command not found , although man ifonconfig gives output with info about using that command. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Red Hat E 3

I'm am working with a Red Hat Enterprise 3 server. This is a dedicated server that is supposedly dedicated to one domain, but I have been tasked with trying to figure out if there are files on this system that are being accessed by other IP's. Does anyone know if how I would go about finding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisPlusPlus
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Red-hat

Hello, How do I see what IP addresses are connected to my machine? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonomao
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies
rhsm-icon(8)						    Subscription Status Daemon						      rhsm-icon(8)

NAME
rhsm-icon - Periodically checks installed products against active subscriptions to check their status. SYNOPSIS
rhsm-icon [--check-period] [--force-icon=warning|expired|partial] [--check-immediately] DESCRIPTION
Red Hat provides content updates and support by issuing subscriptions for its products. These subscriptions are applied to systems (machines) and apply to the installed software products. On graphical X systems (systems with a GUI interface), a product status daemon runs every 4 hours to check the currently installed software against the applied subscriptions. If software is installed without a valid and applied subscription (such as a subscription expires or no subscription is available for the product), then the daemon triggers an icon and warning message to display in the notification area of the menu. rhsm-icon only runs on graphical (X-based) systems. Servers which do not have a GUI interface do not run or require the rhsm-icon daemon. OPTIONS
-c, --check-period Sets the interval to use between checks for the product subscription status. The value is in seconds. -f, --force-icon=TYPE Manually displays the given type of icon in the start menu. The TYPE can be warning, expired, or partial and uses a different icon for each type of message. --i, --check-immediately Runs the status check process immediately when the command is invoked. Otherwise, there is a four (4) minute delay before running the check. -d, --debug Shows debug messages for the daemon. USAGE
There are two reasons to invoke rhsm-icon manually: * To run the daemon on a new schedule (immediately or with a different frequency) * To view the status icons or messages regardless of the state of the machine Since X runs the daemon automatically and on schedule, it is not necessary to launch the subscription status daemon manually. The rhsm-icon command can change this schedule. For example: rhsm-icon --check-period 120 Administrators can also run rhsm-icon to view any immediate changes to the subscription status of the system. Using the --check-immediately option runs the check at the time the command is run; otherwise, running rhsm-icon has a four-minute delay before running the status check. rhsm-icon --check-immediately If you just want to know what the different subscription status messages look like, then use the --force-icon option. (Also use the --check-immediately option, or the scan will take the standard four minutes to run and display the icon.) rhsm-icon --force-icon=warning --check-immediately rhsm-icon --force-icon=expired --check-immediately rhsm-icon --force-icon=partial --check-immediately BUGS
This daemon is part of Red Hat Subscription Manager. To file bugs against this daemon, go to https://bugzilla.redhat.com, and select Red Hat > Red Hat Enterprise Linux > subscription-manager. AUTHORS
Deon Lackey, <dlackey@redhat.com>, and James Bowes, <jbowes@redhat.com>. rhsm-icon was written by James Bowes. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Red Hat, Inc. This is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPLv2). A copy of this license is available at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.txt. version 1.3 December 12, 2012 rhsm-icon(8)