Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Form of Red Hat license
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Form of Red Hat license Post 302751475 by RHCE on Friday 4th of January 2013 03:36:26 AM
Old 01-04-2013
Form of Red Hat license

I wanted to know in which form are the Red Hat licenses, are they paper licenses or in the form of a soft copy.

I hope, my question is clear.

Please revert with the reply to my query.

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 7.2.....

I just installed red hat 7.2 on my laptop. it's dual booted with xp and red hat. when i boot in to linux it boots up to the screen to ask me my name and pass....i put in root and my password. after this it goes to a blue screen and sits there. the after about 2 minutes it comes up with a fatal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muzscman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LiLo in Red Hat 8

I am about to go buy myself a wireless card for my Red Hat laptop. But I am going to have to recompile the kernel to run it in linux, and I heard that the GRUB bootloader gives you troubles when recompiling kernel. So, I booted off the cd to upgrade. I attempted to install LiLo and everything... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: djtrippin
7 Replies

3. Linux

Red Hat?

I have a Red Hat upgrade disk. I installed it and it corrupted my entire hard drive! I had gotten the disks out of a Dummy's book at my local library. Trying to install 'Red Hat', has cost me $100.00 in damages. (The cool part is my friend gave me that $100.00 part) Ah...A 120gig Hard Drive. Just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdk_mkr
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 9 help

please help me how to install softwares in linux.i have a ethernet internet connection.i try to open the site on LAN to download internet client.but i cannot as our lan supports only internet explorer....i downloaded the linux client by booting thru XP......but i cannot c my NTFS partition thru... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhit143
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat Enterprise 3

Hy, I am going to start RedHat Enterprise 3 self studying. I have provided installation media for my self placed training at home, but I don't know were to find documentation. Any advices? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: R@LE
1 Replies

6. Linux

red hat ee 2.6.9-42

hello. I would be greatfull if someone could tell me how will i see what dns server and gateway my red hat server uses. I tryied to find out by typing ifconfig command but i got : -bash: ifconfig: command not found , although man ifonconfig gives output with info about using that command. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Red Hat E 3

I'm am working with a Red Hat Enterprise 3 server. This is a dedicated server that is supposedly dedicated to one domain, but I have been tasked with trying to figure out if there are files on this system that are being accessed by other IP's. Does anyone know if how I would go about finding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisPlusPlus
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Red-hat

Hello, How do I see what IP addresses are connected to my machine? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonomao
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies
rhsmcertd(8)					    Subscription Management Certificate Daemon					      rhsmcertd(8)

NAME
rhsmcertd - Periodically scans and updates the entitlement certificates on a registered system. SYNOPSIS
rhsmcertd [--cert-check-interval=MINUTES] [--auto-attach-interval=MINUTES] [--now] [--debug] [--help] Deprecated usage rhsmcertd [certInterval autoattachInterval] DESCRIPTION
Red Hat provides content updates and support by issuing subscriptions for its products. These subscriptions are applied to systems (machines). Red Hat Subscription Manager is a tool which allows administrators to manage those subscriptions by registering systems and people, applying subscriptions, and viewing subscriptions. When subscriptions are applied to a system or when new subscriptions are available, the subscription management system issues that machine an X.509 certificate which contains all of the details of that subscription. The rhsmcertd process runs periodically to check for changes in the subscriptions available to a machine by updating the entitlement certificates installed on the machine and by installing new enti- tlement certificates as they're available. At a defined interval, the process checks with the subscription management service to see if any new subscriptions are available to the system. If there are, it pulls in the associated subscription certificates. If any subscriptions have expired and new subscriptions are available, then the rhsmcertd process will automatically request those subscriptions. This rhsmcertd process invokes the certmgr.py script to perform the certificate add and update operations. Both the certificate interval and the auto-attach interval are configurable and can be reset through the rhsmcertd daemon itself or by editing the Subscription Manager /etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf file. rhsmcertd is started with the machine, by default, and is always running in the background. OPTIONS
-h, --help Prints the specific help information for the given command. -d, --debug Records more verbose output to the /var/log/rhsm/rhsmcertd.log log file. -n, --now Runs the rhsmcertd scan immediately, rather than waiting for the next scheduled interval. -c, --cert-check-interval=MINUTES Resets the interval for checking for new subscription certificates. This value is in minutes. The default is 240, or four hours. This interval is in effect until the daemon restarts, and then the values in the /etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf file are used (unless the argu- ment is passed again). -i, --auto-attach-interval=MINUTES Resets the interval for checking for and replacing expired subscriptions. This value is in minutes. The default is 1440, or 24 hours. This interval is in effect until the daemon restarts, and then the values in the /etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf file are used (unless the argument is passed again). USAGE EXAMPLES
NOTE Be sure to stop the running rhsmcertd daemon before making any configuration changes, or the new configuration is not applied. RESETTING THE CERTIFICATE SCAN INTERVAL service rhsmcertd stop rhsmcertd --cert-check-interval=240 RUNNING CERTIFICATE AND HEALING SCANS IMMEDIATELY Normally, the certificate and auto-attach scans are run periodically, on a schedule defined in the rhsmcertd configuration. The scans can be run immediately -- which is useful if an administrator knows that there are new subscriptions available -- and then the scans resume their schedules. service rhsmcertd stop rhsmcertd -n DEPRECATED USAGE rhsmcertd used to allow the certificate and auto-attach intervals to be reset simply by passing two integers as arguments. rhsmcertd certInterval autoattachInterval For example: service rhsmcertd stop rhsmcertd 180 480 This usage is still allowed, but it is deprecated and not recommended. ASSOCIATED FILES
* /usr/share/rhsm/certmgr.py * /etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf * /var/log/rhsm/rhsmcertd.log BUGS
This daemon is part of Red Hat Subscription Manager. To file bugs against this daemon, go to https://bugzilla.redhat.com, and select Red Hat > Red Hat Enterprise Linux > subscription-manager. AUTHORS
Deon Lackey, <dlackey@redhat.com> and Jeff Ortel, <jortel@redhat.com>. rhsmcertd was written by Jeff Ortel. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Red Hat, Inc. This is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPLv2). A copy of this license is available at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.txt. version 1.5 April 30, 2013 rhsmcertd(8)