Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delete files whose file names are listed in a .txt file Post 302751457 by itkamaraj on Friday 4th of January 2013 03:05:11 AM
Old 01-04-2013
Code:

while read filename
do
          #ftp code goes here..
rm ${filename}
done < /usr/ftprm.txt

ftp code (use mput method - instead of mget )
https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...tp-server.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I delete files using a file that containt path and names?

Recentily i receive virus ninda and my network was files *.eml. I find all *.eml with: find / -name *.eml -print > virus Virus has the path and name of the file,so, How can i delete all *.eml? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlvaroD
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Urgent]how to print the file names into a txt file???

HI, I have a folder with some 120 files...i just want to print all the file filenames(not the content or anything else) onto a file say .txt. please help me with this command Thanks a lot. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
15 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive delete files from txt file or?

i have a txt file of image names that have to be deleted in pwd how can i use the txt file to delete the files in pwd and is it possible?--i might be able to import the txt files into a spreadsheet ahd same it as a csv file. i want it to be done recursive lly --what i mean is teh sysem goes thru... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: plener
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding consecutive numbers in version names on a txt file

Hi all. I have a directory which contains files that can be versioned. All the files are named according to a pattern like this: TEXTSTRING1-001.EXTENSION TEXTSTRING2-001.EXTENSION TEXTSTRING3-001.EXTENSION ... TEXTSTRINGn-001.EXTENSION If a file is versioned, a file called ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fox1212
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files listed in text file to new directory

I am trying to write a script that will copy all file listed in a text file (100s of file names) to a new directory Assume script will run with main as current working directory and I know how many files/lines will be in List.txt Im trying to work up a test script using this model Contents of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IAmTheGrass
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files listed in text file

Hi Team, Here's the scenario, I have a text file called "file_list.txt". Its content is as follows. 111.tmp 112.tmp 113.tmp 114.tmp These files will present in "workdir" directory. It has many files. But only the files present in file_list.txt has to be deleted from the workdir... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to delete the junk files from a directory which are not listed in a TEXT file

Hello Everyone, I want to delete the image files from a directory, which are not listed in a TEXT file. The directory contains large number of image files (in millions) required / not required. I want to delete the image files which are "not required". I have generated a Text file having... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files in a txt file

Hi, I have very old files in my server like from 2012 and i want to delete them, Please help. Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanz143
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files except the file names available in the Except File

Hi, I need some help in the below scenario. I need to delete all the files from the directory except the file name available in the Except file. Like the folder ABC have files like A1.txt,A2.txt......A10.txt and also have a file named Except.txt with the content A3.txt,A4.txt Need a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kban
6 Replies
GRI_MERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      GRI_MERGE(1)

NAME
gri_merge - merge multiple Gri output files into a single PostScript file. USAGE (style 1): gri_merge [OPTIONS] CxR a.ps b.ps ... > merged_file.ps Merges the files onto one page, in 'C' columns and 'R' rows. The CxR files are given in the order of words on a page. The page is pre- sumed to be 8.5x11in in size, as are all the input files, and the input files are sized to fit, and kept in natural scale. USAGE (style 2): gri_merge [OPTIONS] xcm ycm enlarge a.ps [b.ps ...] > merged_file.ps Where `enlarge' is a scale factor applied after offsetting `xcm' to the right and `ycm' upward. EXAMPLE (style 2): The following gri_merge 2 12 .5 a.ps 12 12 .5 b.ps 2 2 .5 c.ps 12 2 .5 d.ps > all.ps produces 4 panels from gri plots done using margins and sizes as specified in the following lines in a gri commandfile set x margin 2 set x size 15 set y margin 2 set y size 15 The OPTIONS, available if your 'perl' has 'getopts' library, are: -u graylevel -- set graylevel for underlay beneath panels, by default 0.75. Values range from 0 (black) to 1 (white), although a value of precisely 1 means do NOT draw underlay. -b graylevel -- Set value for background under individual panels, again 0 for black to 1 for white, with 1 meaning no drawing. -h -- Print this help message and quit. SEE ALSO
gri(1), gri_unpage(1) gri_merge 2009 GRI_MERGE(1)