Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to reduce and findout CPU usage? Post 302751417 by zxmaus on Friday 4th of January 2013 01:26:31 AM
Old 01-04-2013
nmon with tu options can show you the top cpu utilizing processes - when you stop them cpu utilization will go down.
Would be interesting to know what is generating these errors as on most virtualized systems, cpu utilization could be several hundred percent without actually being a problem

Regards
zxmaus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to reduce GZIP memory usage

I am using the ZLIB_VERSION "1.2.3" . The memory requirement for Zlib/GZIP compression is stated as /* The memory requirements for deflate are (in bytes): (1 << (windowBits+2)) + (1 << (memLevel+9)) that is: 128K for windowBits=15 + 128K for memLevel = 8 (default values) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parmod Garg
0 Replies

3. Programming

CPU usage and memory usage

Please tell me solaris functions/api for getting following information 1- Function that tells how much memory used by current process 2- Function that tells how much memory used by all running processes 3- Function that tells how much CPU is used by current process 4- Function that tells how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU usage

can anyone tell me How to check memory and CPU usage of a certain process (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccp
1 Replies

5. Programming

Cpu usage

Hi all, When I have a below while loop in my code (This observation is same for C and Perl) i= 0; while(1) { i++; } for above the CPU uses goes beyond 49% on hp-ux machine, why cpu usage increase at this level for just a simple while loop? and if I have a single print statement... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

7. Linux

Using SQUID to reduce traffic usage in the office - how effective?

We are working in the office where about 5-6 machines have Internet access. We pay for each GB of traffic we consume and that's quite expensive. Almost no worker download files. Just surfing websites (including our corporate one that is located outside of local network thus we pay for accessing it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: FractalizeR
5 Replies

8. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

10. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies
CPUSET(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 CPUSET(3)

NAME
cpuset_create, cpuset_destroy, cpuset_zero, cpuset_set, cpuset_clr, cpuset_isset, cpuset_size -- dynamic CPU sets SYNOPSIS
#include <sched.h> cpuset_t * cpuset_create(void); void cpuset_destroy(cpuset_t *set); void cpuset_zero(cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_set(cpuid_t cpu, cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_clr(cpuid_t cpu, cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_isset(cpuid_t cpu, const cpuset_t *set); size_t cpuset_size(const cpuset_t *set); DESCRIPTION
This section describes the functions used to create, set, use and destroy the dynamic CPU sets. This API can be used with the POSIX threads, see pthread(3) and affinity(3). The ID of the primary CPU in the system is 0. FUNCTIONS
cpuset_create() Allocates and initializes a clean CPU-set. Returns the pointer to the CPU-set, or NULL on failure. cpuset_destroy(set) Destroy the CPU-set specified by set. cpuset_zero(set) Makes the CPU-set specified by set clean, that is, memory is initialized to zero bytes, and none of the CPUs set. cpuset_set(cpu, set) Sets the CPU specified by cpu in set. Returns zero on success, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_clr(cpu, set) Clears the CPU specified by cpu in the CPU-set set. Returns zero on success, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_isset(cpu, set) Checks if CPU specified by cpu is set in the CPU-set set. Returns the positive number if set, zero if not set, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_size(set) Returns the size in bytes of CPU-set specified by set. SEE ALSO
affinity(3), pset(3), sched(3), schedctl(8), kcpuset(9) HISTORY
The dynamic CPU sets appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
November 2, 2011 BSD