Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX IBM's pSeries 570 vs a 520 vs 550 Post 302751345 by Devyn on Thursday 3rd of January 2013 05:46:54 PM
Old 01-03-2013
IBM's pSeries 570 vs a 520 vs 550

Hidey Ho Folks,

Looking to buy a pServer for playing around with the IBM side of things. Looked around for a bit and notice that there is a significant price gap for the used 570's (Single Units) vs the 520's and 550's that folks are selling. Curious what to watch out for in either case? And why would a 520 and a 550 be so different in price vs the 570? Do the 570's have some dependence on the whole rack they come from? Since the 570's w/ APV come much cheeper, naturally, I'm a bit suspicious. If anyone could let me know, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, DH

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with IBM 550 and HMC settings

I'm a Solaris and Debian/SuSE weenie, and I need some help setting the IP address of the remote web interface on an IBM 550 I plugged the port labled HMC1 to the network. The "network" is really a small linksys router that I use to test internet configs, as I can change the settings at will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Shock
0 Replies

2. AIX

new IBM pseries and new disks

Hello Gurus, i'm quite new person in AIX world, actually i'm SAP consultant. But due to my job faced with AIX. Trying to configure new server for installation SAP. We have 4 disks one of them (hdisk3) has VG rootvg. How i can extend rootvg with another disk? i tried: # extendvg rootvg hdisk0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sapbcer
2 Replies

3. Linux

Why does they use Linux on IBM pSeries

Anyone can help me answer the question. Why does they use Linux on IBM pSeries not AIX. I can't understand why, cause AIX is the best supporting from IBM pSeries. Tks you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
3 Replies

4. AIX

p6 570 network for AIX LPAR

know how to do it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
3 Replies

5. AIX

IBM pSeries Power5 9111-285 1,9 GHz

Hi , I am planing to buy IBM pSeries Power5 9111-285 1,9 GHz but I am confused with few things. I would be happy if you could clear it up for me ? 1.Do I have to buy some license in order to create Lpars ? 2.Do I have to buy some license in order to use HMC , micro - partiocioning , VIOS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phobus
4 Replies

6. Hardware

VT 520 Terminal

Back of a VT 520 Teminal has a 1"X1" (approx.) rectangular area covered by a removable plastic flap. It is just above the keyboard hole(mini 6 pin DIN). What is it? Thank you. ---------- Post updated at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:37 AM ---------- I've got the answer.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

7. AIX

IBM Power Pseries Open Firmware boot / VIOS POWERVM VET CODE

Hello, I installed PowerVM IVM Virtual I/O on P-550 but later found out that the machine isn't activated for CoD VET code for virtualization. So when booted , it goes into OPEN Firmware I/O Hosting requires a hosting partition boot not permitted exit called > ok Panel shows > IO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

8. AIX

IBM QSECOFR password missing P/N 9405-520

How to remove or reset password QSECOFR from IBM iSeries AS/400 P/N 9405-520. Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtbax7
2 Replies

9. AIX

IBM AIX console pseries

Hi, when I boot I get an E1DC error code. I've looked it up and it says that this error occurs during the firmware check. But the error is called "Dynamic Console Selection" . 1- Machine stopped at LCD led display = E1DC = CA00E1DC E1DC Dynamic console selection. (maybe cable or keyboard)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies
Bonds(1)						      General Commands Manual							  Bonds(1)

NAME
Bonds - Example of bond pricing SYNOPSIS
Bonds DESCRIPTION
Bonds is an example of using QuantLib. It shows how to set up a term structure and then price some simple bonds. The last part is dedicated to peripherical computations such as yield-to-price or price-to-yield. SEE ALSO
The source code Bonds.cpp, BermudanSwaption(1), CallableBonds(1), CDS(1), ConvertibleBonds(1), DiscreteHedging(1), EquityOption(1), Fitted- BondCurve(1), FRA(1), MarketModels(1), Replication(1), Repo(1), SwapValuation(1), the QuantLib documentation and website at http://quantlib.org. AUTHORS
The QuantLib Group (see Authors.txt). This manual page was added by Luigi Ballabio . QuantLib 22 October 2008 Bonds(1)