Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bdf in HP-UX
Operating Systems HP-UX Bdf in HP-UX Post 302751201 by Yoda on Thursday 3rd of January 2013 11:36:29 AM
Old 01-03-2013
To schedule script every 3 months in crontab:
Code:
0 0 3,6,9,12 * * script

Run bdf, write to a file
Code:
bdf [filesystem] | awk 'NR>1&&NF==5' > out_$(date +%b)

Later you can read from files for each month and compute difference.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BDF test for > 90%

I am trying to write a script that will allow me to do a bdf then do a test for a percentage that is 90% or greater. If the test is true then i want to send a message to myself and one other person. Any suggestions ? ? ? Thanks. ....svp (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: svp4444
6 Replies

2. HP-UX

df and bdf discrepencies

I've recently had some space problems on one of our old HP9000 machines. I archived/moved/compressed/trashed some stuff to free up some space on one rather large (and important) logical volume. As one would expect, when `df -b` is executed some space is shown as free: /opt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bdf script not working !!

Hi, I have written a funtion which taken bdf output and put's in a file. The idea is to grep a areas which greater then 80% and echo the same on the system. However the script I have written fails with the error :- + awk $0 !~ /^F/ + awk {print $5"\t" $6} + sed s/%// + 1> /tmp/bdflist}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bdf question

Hi all i am working on script which uses "bdf" output to create excel sheet now when i check "Total" "Used" & "Available" i found that except root everywhere used + available != total here is example : part from bdf output : filesystem-total-used-available-%used-Mounted on ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bdf error

I have this line in a sh script: bdf | grep /var/opt/vgdb | tr -s " " | cut -f4,6 -d" " | awk '{print $2" "$1}' > vgdb_free_space.txt if I run that line in the shell it works fine but when I ran the script got this error: add_database_files.sh: line 83: bdf: command not found also I tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|KiLLeR|S
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bdf output

Here is my bdf output #bdf Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol3 2097152 217112 1865424 10% / /dev/vg00/lvol1 1835008 329040 1494288 18% /stand /dev/vg00/lvol7 10485760 7864080 2601240 75% /var /dev/vg00/lvol8 8454144 486597 7469647 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_renu
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting BDF output

Hello people. First of all I googled my problem and even found answers in this forum. Unfortunatelly my problem is not solved. When the lenght of the filesystem is too big the output of bdf wraps into another line. e.g.: Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with a BDF script...

Hi, I'm trying to use an old script I found of the internet a while back, I forget where its from. Its supposed to convert the bdf function and display filesystem size in MB's and line it up however it never worked... Here is the error: And here is the code: #!/usr/bin/sh echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

BDF Panic script...

I have another script which I found also on the net. I keep getting an error:confused:: Here is the script for it: {/usr/bin/bdf -l |awk '$0 !~ /^F/' |awk '{print $5"\t" $6}'| sed 's/'%'//' >/tmp/b dflist} panic () {while read percent dir; do if ] then ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
16 Replies

10. HP-UX

bdf hangs

hi, bdf command hangs but before it, it lists all the fstab content, so i cannot find the reason... could anybody give me any clue?? thanks a lot for your attention. regards Pablo i attach syslog Jan 14 16:30:00 sv23 vmunix: hp_dlpi_wput:Received an unrecognized primitive: 101d... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
7 Replies
dpkg-trigger(1) 						    dpkg suite							   dpkg-trigger(1)

NAME
dpkg-trigger - a package trigger utility SYNOPSIS
dpkg-trigger [option...] trigger-name dpkg-trigger [option...] command DESCRIPTION
dpkg-trigger is a tool to explicitly activate triggers and check for its support on the running dpkg. This can be used by maintainer scripts in complex and conditional situations where the file triggers, or the declarative activate triggers control file directive, are insufficiently rich. It can also be used for testing and by system administrators (but note that the triggers won't actually be run by dpkg-trigger). Unrecognized trigger name syntaxes are an error for dpkg-trigger. COMMANDS
--check-supported Check if the running dpkg supports triggers (usually called from a postinst). Will exit 0 if a triggers-capable dpkg has run, or 1 with an error message to stderr if not. Normally, however, it is better just to activate the desired trigger with dpkg-trigger. -?, --help Show the usage message and exit. --version Show the version and exit. OPTIONS
--admindir=dir Change the location of the dpkg database. The default location is /var/lib/dpkg. --by-package=package Override trigger awaiter (normally set by dpkg through the DPKG_MAINTSCRIPT_PACKAGE environment variable of the maintainer scripts, naming the package to which the script belongs, and this will be used by default). --no-await This option arranges that the calling package T (if any) need not await the processing of this trigger; the interested package(s) I, will not be added to T's trigger processing awaited list and T's status is unchanged. T may be considered installed even though I may not yet have processed the trigger. --await This option does the inverse of --no-await (since dpkg 1.17.21). It is currently the default behavior. --no-act Just test, do not actually change anything. EXIT STATUS
0 The requested action was successfully performed. Or a check or assertion command returned true. 1 A check or assertion command returned false. 2 Fatal or unrecoverable error due to invalid command-line usage, or interactions with the system, such as accesses to the database, memory allocations, etc. ENVIRONMENT
DPKG_ADMINDIR If set and the --admindir option has not been specified, it will be used as the dpkg data directory. SEE ALSO
dpkg(1), deb-triggers(5), /usr/share/doc/dpkg-dev/triggers.txt.gz. 1.19.0.5 2018-04-16 dpkg-trigger(1)