Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX CD-ROM issue with PowerVM IVM VIOS Post 302750623 by filosophizer on Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 04:08:25 AM
Old 01-02-2013
Solution | Resolved LPAR VIOS IVM POWERVM AIX CD-ROM

When I restarted the LPAR after assigning it, from SMS menu I was able to detect it.

Apparently as Michael Felt said, the issue is with the AIX 5.3 ML 00 !!

With AIX 6.1 , I can assign the CD - ROM through web and it will be detected after executing cfgmgr !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

PowerVM Express and IVM limitations

When using PowerVM Express and IVM (no HMC) on a Power6 P520 , can I configure 2 LPARs in addition to a VIO server, or does the VIO Server count as one of the two LPAR's that PowerVM Express allows? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JodyTek
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

External DVD-ROM drive issue whether it is working or not? on HP rp7400

Please help me > How to diag the external DVD-ROM drive issue whether it is working or not? on HP 9000 server rp7400 I needed to install HP 11i v1 using external DVD-ROM drive on HP 9000 server rp7400. While boot in CO> “search” command is not showing DVD-ROM device only showing all disks >... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpuser
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

external DVD-ROM drive issue whether it is working or not?on HP rp74000

old clunker - rp74000 How to diag the external DVD-ROM drives issue whether it is working or not? on HP 9000 server rp7400 Please help me > I needed to install HP 11i v1 using external DVD-ROM drive on HP 9000 server rp7400. While boot in CO> “search” command is not showing DVD-ROM device... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tpuser
1 Replies

4. AIX

VIOS IVM unavailable - how do I restart it?

Hi everyone, Sorry if this post is in the wrong place. I searched the forums for "IVM" and it turned up no results. Hopefully someone knows about this. My dilemma is that I have multiple IBM JS12 Express blades in our blade center, each running VIOS 2.1.0.10-FP-20.1 and hosting a couple LPARs. Out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: need2bageek
2 Replies

5. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

6. AIX

IBM VIOS POWERVM IVM error

Hi, When I try to login on my vios ivm website http://vios through the browser -- all three of them -- firefox , chrome , Internet Explorer , i get this error http://vioserver/j_security_check I have java installed on the machine from where i am trying to open up the IVM/VIOS webpage. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

7. AIX

IBM Power Pseries Open Firmware boot / VIOS POWERVM VET CODE

Hello, I installed PowerVM IVM Virtual I/O on P-550 but later found out that the machine isn't activated for CoD VET code for virtualization. So when booted , it goes into OPEN Firmware I/O Hosting requires a hosting partition boot not permitted exit called > ok Panel shows > IO... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. AIX

AIX VIOS IVM Ethernet problem

Hi All, I have a p520 box running 3 LPARs, 1 x VIOS, 1 x AIX 6.1 and 1 x AIX 7.1 and no HMC, all configuration is performed via VIOS/IVM Until recently the box did not have the AIX7.1 LPAR and everything was fine with the box. We needed to use AIX 7.1 for a new project, so I created a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KevB
11 Replies

9. AIX

Revisiting IBM PowerVM VIOS AIX

coming from this thread: https://www.unix.com/aix/211107-ibm-power-pseries-open-firmware-boot-vios-powervm-vet-code.html PowerVM, formerly known as Advanced Power Virtualization (APV), is a chargeable feature of IBM POWER5, POWER6, POWER7, POWER8, and POWER9 servers and is required for support... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. AIX

Powervm ivm vios

Hello, After installing on P6 which is POWERVM IVM VIOS enabled (VET CODE D21C77ACD9229817CA1F00002C10004164 ) i get this message "I/O hosting requires a hosting partition - boot not permitted". HMC was connected to the machine then HMC was removed through ASMI Searching on... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
cfgmgr(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 cfgmgr(8)

NAME
cfgmgr - Configuration management server SYNOPSIS
/sbin/cfgmgr DESCRIPTION
The cfgmgr configuration management server works with the kernel load server (kloadsrv) daemon to manage the subsystems that are dynami- cally configurable, loadable, or both. The cfgmgr server starts up automatically when a client (such as the sysconfig command) makes a con- figuration management request. Examples of configuration management requests are requests to configure, reconfigure, query, or unconfig- ure a subsystem. The cfgmgr server allows query operations from any superuser (root login), local or remote. The superuser on the local system is also allowed to configure, reconfigure, or unconfigure local kernel subsystems. Remote access to the kernel subsystem configuration is allowed through the /etc/cfgmgr.auth file. System administrators working on hosts listed in that file can also configure, reconfigure, or uncon- figure local kernel subsystems. If the /etc/cfgmgr.auth file does not exist or is empty, no remote users are allowed to configure, recon- figure, or unconfigure local kernel subsystems. If you use the sysconfig -v command, the cfgmgr server displays debugging information to the /dev/console screen. See the sysconfig(8) ref- erence page for more information about the -v flag. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: sysconfig(8), sysconfigdb(8), kloadsrv(8) Files: cfgmgr.auth(4) delim off cfgmgr(8)