Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Questions on AIX 7 Administration Post 302750609 by edwardz on Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 03:18:25 AM
Old 01-02-2013
Questions on AIX 7 Administration

Here i have a question about AIX 7 Administration test. I just want the explanation:
The cfgmgr command appears to be taking an excessive time to complete. The administrator was able to quit the command and return to the command prompt. The administrator does not have access to themanaging HMC and unable to check for any LED codes.
How else can the cause of the observed delay be determined?
A. Review the latest entry within /var/log/cfgdb.out.
B. Start the syslog daemon before re-issuing the command.
C. Re-issue the command with the W flag.
D. Initiate the ledmon command from a separate session, then re-issue cfgmgr.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AU14 AIX 5L System Administration I: Implementation

hello everybody I'm studying this book called AU13 AIX 5L Basics, but i almost finish and I need to have the next one whose name is 1. AU14 AIX 5L System Administration I: Implementation I know these are several books, if someone had it en PDF, please let me know how I could get it. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic Aix Administration Questions...

Would this be the right forum to ask basic unix administration questions relating to smitty tasks, etc? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 10 OS administration interview questions and answers

Hello, I am new to this forum and I am preparing for interview .Kindly can anybody send me Solaris 10 OS administration interview questions and answers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet2muneer
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Various System Administration Questions

Sorry I'm kind of desperate here :wall:, there's a security audit coming next week :( and I can't seem to find solutions for the questions below :confused:. 1) I need to limit usage on account during non-working hours. There's no /etc/security/time.conf file in my system should I create it? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShouTenraku
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interview questions and answers on HP Unix administration

Hi, Can some body help me to get Interview questions and answers on HP Unix administration? Thanks Krsnadasa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
1 Replies

6. AIX

C4040-227: Associate AIX 7 Administration - certification material

Hi I am planning to take up this exam - C4040-227: Associate AIX 7 Administration Can someone please help me with where i can find proper documentation for this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: honey26
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

C4040-227 - Associate AIX 7 Administration

Hello Everyone, Could anyone please provide the Study Material / Dump for C4040-227 - Associate AIX 7 Administration? I'm planning to write the certification.Thank you in advance. Regards, Anjaneyulu Deeti (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deeti
0 Replies

8. AIX

AIX user administration - queue management

Dear All Please how can I create a user which would be only able to manage queue printer like creating, release, hold etc a printer queue. He would for example be able to enter commands like : - lpstat -pprintqueue where printqueue is an existing queue on the server - enable printqueue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sobnc
0 Replies
cfgmgr.auth(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						    cfgmgr.auth(4)

NAME
cfgmgr.auth - Configuration management server authorization database SYNOPSIS
/etc/cfgmgr.auth DESCRIPTION
The cfgmgr.auth file lists the remote systems that are authorized to modify the local system's kernel subsystem configuration. Using the sysconfig command, system administrators can maintain the kernel subsystem configuration on local and remote hosts. To secure access to the kernel subsystem configuration, the local configuration management server (cfgmgr) answers requests from remote systems only when the remote system is listed in the cfgmgr.auth file. Each entry in the file has the following form: host-name Where host-name specifies the full domain name of the remote host. You must list each remote host on a separate line and only the first 128 characters of each line are read and processed. Lines beginning with the pound sign (#) are comments. If the cfgmgr.auth file does not exist, the configuration management server assumes no remote system administrators are allowed to config- ure, reconfigure, or unconfigure any kernel subsystem on the local host. EXAMPLES
The following shows entries in the cfgmgr.auth file on a host named buster: salmon.zk3.dec.com trout.zk3.dec.com bluefish.zk3.dec.com This cfgmgr.auth file allows system administrators on the salmon, trout, and bluefish hosts to configure, reconfigure, and unconfigure sub- systems on buster. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cfgmgr(8), sysconfig(8), sysconfigdb(8), kloadsrv(8) Files: /etc/sysconfigtab(4) System Administration delim off cfgmgr.auth(4)