Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Connect to SQL server from Linux Post 302750555 by Yoda on Tuesday 1st of January 2013 10:11:35 PM
Old 01-01-2013
This MSDN link provides installation steps & installation path details. I hope this will help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Connect From VB to SQL Server

Dear All Now I can't connect from VB to Sybase on Unix. How could I do? Please help me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Than Chanroeun
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to SQL server from shell script

Hi all, I need to connect to SQL server from shell script. Then need to execute queries from shell script. Kindly let me know on how to do this Thanks, Ananthi.U (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Hi all, I need to connect to SQL server from shell script. Then need to execute queries from shell script as below 1. To compare values of an array with SQL table's entry. Kindly let me know on how to do this Thanks, Double post. Continue here (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbhelave
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi all, I need to connect to SQL server from shell script. Then need to execute queries from shell script as below 1. To compare values of an array with SQL table's entry. I am using solaris-5.1 to run shell script and want to connect to SQL-5.1 which is installed on SantOS. Kindly let... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbhelave
3 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to connect Unix and Sql Server 2005?

Hi All Can any one please help me about How to connect Unix with Sql Server 2005 I want to do it urgently and i didn't find the way. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Connect from ksh script to SQL server

I need to connect sql server 2008 from korn shell script. Can you please give me the script which connects sql server 2008 from korn shell script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshhegde
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies

8. Linux

How to connect Linux server (configure two way authentication) with Windows server?

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
0 Replies

9. AIX

Connect to a SQL server from AIX

Hello aix community, After scouring the internet to find a step by step process, I've exhausted my efforts. Although I have learned a lot which brings me to this forum. I'm totally new and hope to ask the right questions. What is the easiest way to connect to a SQL server from aix? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechStudent36
2 Replies

10. AIX

Connect to database server and execute sql

I have a requirement and below is the detail. Create a shell script and needs to run in server "a". Connect to teradata database server "b". execute the .sql file from server "a" Save the output of the query to a file in server "a" Schedule this shell script to run every day for every 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MadhuSeven
1 Replies
iodbctest(1)						       iODBC Driver Manager						      iodbctest(1)

NAME
iodbctest, iodbctestw - iODBC Demonstration programs SYNOPSIS
iodbctest ["DSN=xxxx[;UID=xxxx][;PWD=xxxx][;OPT=value]"] iodbctestw ["DSN=xxxx[;UID=xxxx][;PWD=xxxx][;OPT=value]"] DESCRIPTION
The iodbctest program and iodbtestw programs are simple ODBC sample programs, showing the strength of the ODBC API to connect to any ODBC enabled database, issue SQL commands and retrieve the query results. The iodbctest program uses the standard ODBC API calls to connect using any DSN, but retrieves all results in ASCII mode. The iodbctestw program uses the ODBC Unicode API calls to connect using any DSN, and retrieves all results in Unicode mode. OPTIONS
The iodbctest program uses the SQLDriverConnect function to make a connection using any available ODBC compliant driver. This allows the user to override any ODBC connect attribute in the DSN string. Connect strings should start with either a DSN=xxx or a DRIVER=xxxx attribute optionally followed by other DSN attributes separated by a semicolon e.g: DSN=ora9;UID=scott;PWD=tiger;DATABASE=ora9u Any attributes required for a proper connection that are not entered in the DSN connect string, must be present in the odbc.ini file. If the connect string is passed as an argument to the iodbctest program, the string should be quoted as most shells use the semicolon as their command separator. If the connect string is entered on the interactive prompt, no quotes should be used. After a successfull connection has been established, the user is prompted for a SQL command to be send to the database. A SQL command can- not span multiple lines. If the SQL command returns one or more result sets, each result set is fetched using character buffers and displayed in a table. Additionally, the iodbctest program understands a few special commands: qualifiers Show a list of qualifiers using the SQLTables catalog call. owners Show a list of owners using the SQLTables catalog call. tables Show a list of tables using the SQLTables catalog call. types Show a list of tables types using the SQLTables catalog call. datatypes Show a list of data types using the SQLGetTypeInfo catalog call. reconnect Perform a disconnect/reconnect with the information saved during the first SQLDriverConnect. quit (or exit) Exit the program and return to the shell. EXAMPLES
Start the iodbctest program and get a list of DSNs before making a connection: $ iodbctest OpenLink ODBC Demonstration program This program shows an interactive SQL processor Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): ? DSN | Driver ----------------------------------------------------------------- ora9 | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver mysql | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver mysqllite | OpenLink Lite for MySQL myodbc | MyODBC Driver pgsql | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver tds | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): DSN=ora9;PWD=tiger Driver: 05.20.0316 OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver (oplodbc.so) SQL> Connect to an Oracle 9 instance which has been previously setup in the odbc.ini file: $ iodbctest "DSN=ora9;UID=scott;PWD=tiger" iODBC Demonstration program This program shows an interactive SQL processor Driver: 05.20.0316 OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver (oplodbc.so) SQL>select * from emp ID |NAME -----------------+------------------------------------------- 1 |Record 1 2 |Record 2 2 |Record 3 result set 1 returned 3 rows. SQL> quit COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2005 by OpenLink Software AUTHOR
iODBC Administrator <iodbc@openlinksw.com> 3.52.6 3 August 2005 iodbctest(1)