Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copy file from RDP to Local
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copy file from RDP to Local Post 302750493 by navsan420 on Tuesday 1st of January 2013 01:30:12 PM
Old 01-01-2013
Copy file from RDP to Local

Hi All,

I am trying to copy a file from remote desktop to my local system using copy and xcopy commands...but none of them worked..is there any batch file or commands to do the copying .if do please share with me.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy files from local computer to server

hi, im a newbie using unix. My local computer OS is Windows XP while server is using Unix. May i know how to transfer file from local computer to server? i do not know the commands. Thanks. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagolo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands to copy a tar.gz file from a Remote Unix Server to Local Desktop.

Hi, Just wanted to know, how can I ftp/transfer/copy a (design.tar.gz) archive from a Unix Server (sdmc222.sdmc.cp-srv.com) which is at a remote location, to my Windows Desktop. Obviously, it is not possible at cmd prompt on my Windows using the following commands :- ftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file from local machine to server?

I am logged into a server via SSH. There is a file on my desktop of my Windows PC I would like to put on that server. How do I do it? SCP looks the likely method but how does the server know where the file is on the local machine? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab; copy most recent *.mpg file from local machine to smb storage device

Hello, I've been searching your forum for an answer to the following question and whilst I've seen several which may help I'm afraid my inexperience with UNIX systems has got the better of me and I'm incapable of piecing your considerable expertise together. Problem: I have a linux box which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: julezsht
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy a file from a dvd to the local AIX file system

Hi, I am a newbie to AIX, so please bear with me. I have mounted a dvd drive on AIX. I am trying to copy the file that is on the dvd drive on to the local machine. However, I get an error: cp: c1m_0001.gz: A system call received a parameter that is not valid. Can some one point me to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anurag1510
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from local host to a list of remote hosts --- perl script

Hi friends, i need to prepare a script ( in perl) i have a file called "demo.exe" in my local unix host. i have a list of remote hosts in a file "hosts.txt" now i need to push "demo.exe" file to all the hosts in "hosts.txt" file. for this i need to prepare a script(in perl, but shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy files from remote server to local?

Hi experts, I 'm newbie to unix world, now I have task to copy the latest files from remote server to my local. I believe this must be very common request in this community. I want you do it one more time for me please. My requirement is something like this: I receive files in the below... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy file from local network and add it to MYSQL

Hello, i need some help. I have a Debian machine in network, which is a web server. I need to copy every day files from local network to MySQL table. Now it is done manually and i am just adding them from web panel (backend) and saving it's binary, extension and etc. Can i automaticly do this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dyrem
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy one file from a server to a local folder

Hi, Is there a way I can copy a file from a server to a local folder (i.e. My Documents)? can it be done by scp? I tried this but it just rename the file as the folder it has to be transferred at. scp -r name@some_server:/home/user/file.txt 'somehere\home\home_dir' Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy from local to remote

Hi I need a advice for writing simple bash script, I have a file pod.txt which contains source location and remote location: /mnt/infile/20141103/701_0001.png/remote/tmp/pk21730/p0330223723074.png /mnt/infile/20141103/203_0001.png/remote/tmp/pk21731/p0330223723081.png and I must copy ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: primo102
6 Replies
cmsync(1m)																cmsync(1m)

NAME
cmsync - Synchronize files or directories on multiple Serviceguard nodes. SYNOPSIS
cmsync [-rv] [[-n node_name]...] [src_node:]src_file [...] DESCRIPTION
cmsync copies files and/or directories to multiple Serviceguard nodes. cmsync is limited in several ways. cmsync is best suited for situations where other remote copy facilities are not available. For a more full featured tool for copying files between Serviceguard nodes, see ccp(1m) provided by Distributed Systems Administration Utilities. To use this command, the local user must have the root access role on each of the involved nodes. For more information on Serviceguard access control policies, see the manual, Managing Serviceguard. To use the cmsync command without specifying -n options, the local node must be configured into a Serviceguard cluster. If no -n options are specified, the files will be copied to all available nodes in the cluster. Paths may be relative to the current working directory or specified absolutely. Copies between two remote hosts are permitted. If a file or directory already exists on a destination node, the destination node's copy will be overwritten with no prompting. The cmsync command is not suited for large files or large numbers of files and may result in a heavy load on the command and Serviceguard daemons. Other tools such as ccp should be considered for these purposes. Options And Arguments -r Recursively copy entire directories. -v Verbose output will be displayed. -n node_name Serviceguard node to copy file to. If no -n options are specified, default is to copy to all nodes within the configured clus- ter. src_node Serviceguard node to retrieve the file from. Defaults to the local node. src_file Path to source file on src_node. RETURN VALUE
cmsync returns the following values: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
Copy the local file /etc/hosts to remote nodes node1 and node2 cmsync -n node1 -n node2 /etc/hosts Distribute the remote file /etc/passwd to all nodes in the cluster. cmsync node1:/etc/passwd AUTHOR
cmsync was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
ccp(1m), cmcp(1m), cmexec(1m), cmdo(1m), cmquerycl(1m), cmviewcl(1m) Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmsync(1m)