Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing specific characters using sed Post 302750389 by vnayak on Monday 31st of December 2012 05:12:57 PM
Old 12-31-2012
Apple Replacing specific characters using sed

Hi DGPickett,

I am not sure what you mean. Would you mind re-explaining that?

Thanks,

vnayak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
Case shift and all? volume_name Volume_name

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing specific characters in a string

Hi Friends, Following is an output of a script OPWQERIUTYKLSADFJHGXZNMCVBWQOPERIUTYKLSADFJHGXZNMCVB I want to replace above string's 11 to 17 character by ******* (7 stars) How can it be done? Please somebody guide me. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on sed replacing special characters

Hello, I have a file with many lines with below format: \abc\\1234 jkl\\567 def\\345 \pqr\\567 \xyz\\234 Here, i need to do 2 things. 1. replace \\ with \ 2. remove starting \ so output to be as below: (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed replacing in vi, / characters in the middle

I tried to replace the following in vi: old: 'e/thesis/pp/zones/zones' new: 'd/so162/fix/pp' For that, I used: :%s/e/thesis/pp/zones/zones/d/so162/fix/pp/g but doesn't work, a trailing character error message appeared. How can I get it? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gery
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed - merge lines bw 2 specific characters

Hi, I have a bash script and I am looking for a command that will merge specific lines together. Sample Data: registration time = 1300890272 Id = 1 setd = 0 tagunt = 26 tagId=6, length=8, value= tagId=9, length=5, value= tagId=7, length=2, value= tagId=16, length=2, value= tagId=32,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Winsarc
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Replacing all but one regex match on a line or specific matches

Hi, I'm attempting to rename some files that have spaces in them. Without linking sed commands together is it possible to replace the first three "." to " ". File.name.is.long.ext -> File name is long.ext I can get the desired effect with echo "File.name.is.long.ext" | sed 's/\./ /g;s/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectox
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or tr to remove specific group of special characters

Hi, I have a input of the form: ..., word1, word2, word3... I want out put of the form word1, word2, word3 I tried echo '..., word1, word2, word3...' | tr -d '...,' but that takes out the commas in the middle too so I get word1 word2 word3 but I want the commas in the middle. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumbaba
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacing specific characters and control characters by escaping

sed -e "s// /g" old.txt > new.txt While I do know some control characters need to be escaped, can normal characters also be escaped and still work the same way? Basically I do not know all control characters that have a special meaning, for example, ?, ., % have a meaning and have to be escaped... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustneeda
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How delete characters of specific line with sed?

Hi, I have a text file with some lines like this: /MEDIA/DISK1/23568742.MOV /MEDIA/DISK1/87456321.AVI /MEDIA/DISK2/PART1/45753131.AVI /IMPORT/44452.WAV ... I want to remove the last 12 characters in each line that it ends "AVI". Should look like this: /MEDIA/DISK1/23568742.MOV... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: inaki
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing specific entry using sed

Hi guys, I'm new to bash programming, so please pardon me. I'm trying to replace an entry's text in Books.txt This code works perfectly: sed -i "s/$BookTitle/$NewBookTitle/g" Books.txt But problem is, if there are double entries, it will also replace that entry. For example: ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: todaealas
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command on AIX, replace specific characters

Hi, Im using sed on an AIX machine. I am trying to change the 137-139 characters if they are a ' 36'/'000' to a '036'. The positions that need to be changed are fixed. the source data that I have is$cat v.txt 4000422985400050462239065593606500000007422985707771046154054910075641MC0318AMWAY... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsid
9 Replies
Hash::Case::Lower(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Hash::Case::Lower(3pm)

NAME
Hash::Case::Lower - hash with enforced lower cased keys INHERITANCE
Hash::Case::Lower is a Hash::Case is a Tie::StdHash SYNOPSIS
use Hash::Case::Lower; tie my(%lchash), 'Hash::Case::Lower'; $lchash{StraNGeKeY} = 3; print keys %lchash; # strangekey DESCRIPTION
Hash::Case::Lower extends Hash::Case, which lets you play various trics with hash keys. In this implementation, the fake hash is case insensitive and the keys stored in lower-case. METHODS
Constructors $obj->addHashData(HASH) See "Constructors" in Hash::Case $obj->addPairs(PAIRS) See "Constructors" in Hash::Case $obj->setHash(HASH) See "Constructors" in Hash::Case tie(HASH, 'Hash::Case::Lower', [VALUES,] OPTIONS) Define HASH to have only lower cased keys. The hash is initialized with the VALUES, specified as ref-array (with key value pairs) or ref-hash. Currently, there are no OPTIONS defined. SEE ALSO
This module is part of Hash-Case distribution version 1.02, built on March 09, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/hash-case/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2002-2003,2007-2012 by Mark Overmeer. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-03-09 Hash::Case::Lower(3pm)