Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX question Post 302749767 by tamer11007 on Saturday 29th of December 2012 11:43:01 AM
Old 12-29-2012
Linux UNIX question

Pleas I want answer this question or reference or link website can find answer to
this question?

1. We consider that we are running on a UNIX system which uses ACL as a mechanism for file protection. Where is the protection information of the file stored?

2. In UNIX, each device is represented by a device, give an example of a file representing the hard disk storage device. Give the full listing of this file using the "ls -l" command. What are the protection flags (rwx) for this file and WHY are they like this? What would happen if the protection flags were equal to rw-rw-rw ?

3. What is the definition of MAC Times for UNIX systems? provide an example about the difference between the M flag and C flag.

4. A system administrator suspects that there is an attack on his machine; he needs to make a backup of the files to check when they have been modified. For this purpose he uses the "cp -r" instruction to copy the root directory. What is the problem with this and what other instruction should the administrator use in order to avoid this problem?

------------------------------------------------

1. What is a "two-factor" authentication?
2. Provide a full example of two-factor authentication where one factor is a password.
3. Could we use the mobile phone as part of this two-factor authentication?
4. Is "google" authentication a two-factor authentication system? What is the main problem with this device?

-----------------------------------------------
I am find answer when search on internet but i can't find all "Full Answer "

Pleas help me............. I need this information

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix question

How might you look at the last mail message someone sent you , without running the mail utility? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swetha
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

unix to unix serial connection question

hi there i'm a new bie just got few simple questions to ask. I got expert in windows configuration but totally new to unix environment . I want to make sure a com port (com1) is working, so I connect a 9-pin cable (CB9) for both PC using Unix environment (unix to unix). The question are (1)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: typsam
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix 10.2 question

I'm a verteran to Windows but i newbie to UNIX so i hope this isn't too dumb of a question. I have an HP 9000 D Class Server that has 10.2 and uses a console. The console died and i was told i can put a standard EISA video card in it and use a regualr monitor and keyboard. My question is how do i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: egress1
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix History Question: Why are filenames/dirnames case sentsitive in Unix?

I tried looking for the answer online and came up with only a few semi-answers as to why file and directory names are case sensitive in Unix. Right off the bat, I'll say this doesn't bother me. But I run into tons of Windows and OpenVMS admins in my day job who go batty when they have to deal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about unix

Hey everyone i am new to unix as well, has anybody heard of the script that allows you screen to look just like the Windows screen, if yea, what is it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gueso
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Unix Question

IF A program or database routine is writing in a file laying on unix box then how can be identify the process id which is writing in the file. Please let me know how can we do using root command and without root command? Regards, Shashank (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: TAPARIA
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a question about UNIX 5.0.6 , help me please

Dear friends I'm really new comer to this place and to this subject you will make me so happy if you help me about these questions: 1- I must install UNIX 5.0.6 because one of my work software will works ONLY on this version , so , I want to know WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD A COMPELETE PACKAGE OF... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrr53
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix question

When you enter your login id and password, what determines what program startsup? Is it always a Unix shell? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alice Klein
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Question on UNIX

Hi, Can you please advise on answers of below 4 questions as I am not sure on the answers. 1. You are porting a C program that interacts over a network with remote systems. The program was originally written on AMD64 Linux. You are migrating it to SPARC Solaris architecture. Question Based on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies
PURITY(6)							   Games Manual 							 PURITY(6)

NAME
purity - a general purpose purity test SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/purity [ flags ] [ testname ] DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. r Redraw the current question. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. k Kill a section of the test. This skips all the questions of the test until the next subject heading. a Toggle answer mode between real answers and obfuscated answers. Real answers print "yes" and "no", while obfuscated answers are "Maybe" and "maybe". Obfuscated answers are preferred if you are shy, and don't want people to be able to read your answers over your shoulder as you take the test. d Toggle dERanGe output. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. l Toggle score logging. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. FLAGS
These are the command line flags for the test. -a Show real answers (i.e. "yes" and "no") instead of obfuscated ones (i.e. "Maybe" and "maybe") as you answer the questions. -d PrINt THe tESt in DerANgeD pRInT. -f Take the test in fast mode. Only the questions are printed, and not any other text blocks, like the introdution, subject headers, and the conclusion. -l Take the test without having your score logged. -p Print the test without prompting for answers. This is useful for making hard copies of the tests without having to edit out the prompts by hand. -r Decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. This is done as a form of "protection", such that if you read a rot13 test and it offends you, it's your own fault. -z zoom through more prompts in large text blocks. The default is to prompt the user for more when a screenful of text has been printed without any user input. DATAFILE FORMAT
The format of the datafiles is a very simple format, intended such that new tests can quickly and easily be converted to run with the test. There are four types of text in a purity test datafile. Each type is contained in a bracket type of punctuation. The definitions are as follows: the styles of text blocks are: { plain text block } [ subject header ] ( test question ) and < conclusion > Plain text blocks are printed out character for character. Subject headers are preceded by their subject numbers, starting at 1, and then printed as text blocks. Questions are preceded by their numbers, and then prompt the user to answer the question, keeping track of the user's current score. Conclusions first calculate and print the user's score for the test, then print out the conclusion as a text block. If you wish to include any of the various bracket punctuation in your text, the backslash ("") character will escape the next character. To print a question with parentheses, you would use the following format: (have you ever written a purity test (like this one)?) the output would be this: 1. have you ever written a purity test (like this one)? and then it would have asked the user for her/his answer. For a generic datafile, use the "sample" datafile for the test. FILES
/var/games/purity.scores the score logfile /usr/share/games/purity/* test data files AUTHOR
Eric Lechner, lechner@ucscb.ucsc.edu 18 December 1989 PURITY(6)