Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to take backup of ZFS file system on a tape drive? Post 302749703 by prashant2507198 on Saturday 29th of December 2012 04:14:45 AM
Old 12-29-2012
How to take backup of ZFS file system on a tape drive?

Hi Guys,

I want to take backup of a ZFS file system on tape drive.
Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks,
Pras

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 01-25-2013 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: Removed link

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Unix backup to tape drive

does anyone know how I can make an automatic backup of files to a tape drive under UNIX. I have so many commands, I don't know which goes where. I have commands for the task scheduler, Cron and other unix commands. Please help. Very Urgent. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cute
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace the tape backup drive

Please help me!!!. I am new to Unix and I have to replace the tape backup drive. Originally the system had an IBM tape drive (Rhomat) that is damged. I changed it and installed a dat drive HP 5000+. The hardware recognize the drive, the diagnostics if OK. But when I try to install the operating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: allaite2
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Backup over network to remote tape drive

I am currently using tar to backup a server that has 9gb of data. This is fine and works fine, as part of this I send the backup to a remote tape on a remote server using rsh.. This is not very secure though is it? Whats the best idea here - is there another way I should do this to be more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

4. Linux

linux backup to solaris tape drive

All, Has anybody ever got a Linux server to backup to a remote Solaris tape drive using the dump command and rsh? I can remtoely backup two Solaris server this way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Tape Drive Backup

Currently I have a Dell Ultrium LTO 2 Tape Drive. I am going to have a IBM AIX server. Just wonder if it is possibe to connect this tape drive to the aix server? I have Brightstor Arcserver installed on another win 2003 server. Is it possible to install the arcserve agent on the aix and use the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ming413
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

tape drive access/backup

Need assistance: Have HP Visualize C3600 workstation, HP-UX 10.20, and HP C6364A 12GB DDS-3 SCSI DAT drive. I am not a UNIX programmer and did not configure/build workstation. Ran ioscan and shows up as HPC1537A, class tape, and 10/0/15/0.2.0. Switch on back of unit is denoted SCSI ID and is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: davel1000
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Backup files to tape drive on solaris

Hi, I want to take backup of files older than 20 days from a directory onto a tape drive on remote machine on Solaris. The files are of format abc-20100301000000.gz on my local machine. I know the below commands for searching files older than x days and command for backup procedure. solar1 #... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Backup to remote tape drive

Hello all, I'm trying to backup some files on a solaris 10 machine to the remote tape drive connected to another solaris 10 machine. I have set up rsh to allow for password-less connection between the servers, but I'm not able to write to the tape with the command: root@sdp4a>tar cvf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kerrygold
1 Replies

9. Solaris

possible to do ufsdump backup without a tape drive ?

hi friends, i am trying to patch a solaris 9 server. However i need to do a ufsdump backup before any patching. There is no hardware port for connecting the tape drive. Any other ways to do a ufsdump ? :wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to backup ZFS filesystems to files on USB drive?

Dear Solaris 10 Experts, I need to carry out a manual backup of all zpool/zfs filesystems on a Solaris 10 x86 server in order to port it onto VM Ware hardware but don't know how to do it. Past exercises have been smooth using ufsdump & ufsrestore for small standalone servers. Below are the zfs... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjackson123
22 Replies
tcopy(1)							   User Commands							  tcopy(1)

NAME
tcopy - copy a magnetic tape SYNOPSIS
tcopy source [destination] DESCRIPTION
The tcopy utility copies the magnetic tape mounted on the tape drive specified by the source argument. The only assumption made about the contents of a tape is that there are two tape marks at the end. When only a source drive is specified, tcopy scans the tape, and displays information about the sizes of records and tape files. If a des- tination is specified, tcopy makes a copies the source tape onto the destination tape, with blocking preserved. As it copies, tcopy pro- duces the same output as it does when only scanning a tape. The tcopy utility requires the use of Berkeley-compatible device names. For example, example% tcopy /dev/rmt/1b /dev/rmt/2b ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mt(1), ioctl(2), attributes(5) NOTES
tcopy will only run on systems supporting an associated set of ioctl(2) requests. SunOS 5.11 10 Mar 2000 tcopy(1)