Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find Unmatched name from given lists.. Post 302749425 by Subbeh on Friday 28th of December 2012 09:04:00 AM
Old 12-28-2012
Code:
comm -13 list1 list2

This User Gave Thanks to Subbeh For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

else unmatched

I'm getting an else unmatched error on the script below.. For info : SYDB is the database name entered as a param on the command line. #Check the DB name HBDB=`sql $SYDB <<_END_ | grep '^|' | grep -v dbase | sed 's/|//g' | sed 's/ //g' set autocommit on; \p\g set lockmode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.hamilton
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

list of unmatched columns

Hi , I have two files want to compare and list of column values and postion which are not matched between two files,I can use diff but it will return rows from two files which are matched and unmatched columns.I wrote the below script but not working. f1=$1 f2=$2 for i in 1 do file1=`cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

done' unexpected and do' unmatched

Good morning, I have been teaching myself shell scripting and seem to be stuck here. I am sure I am just blind and not seeing it so I thought maybe some fresh eyes would help. With the script below I keep getting.... "syntax error at line 248 : `done' unexpected" I am not seeing why this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

`for' unmatched

:b:Hi guys, I am getting this error in this piece of code, Any help will be appreciate rypidoc.shl: syntax error at line 79 : `for' unmatched ##Determine if there is a file to process ls 3526*.dat > /dev/null 2>&1 if then exit fi for i in 3526*.dat do # Capture just the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove unmatched values

Below is my requirement : unmatched values should get deleted from file1 file1 A-1 B-1 C-1 D-2 E-3 F-4 file2 D C F output C-1 D-2 F-4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavnayas
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Create non-duplicate lists from two lists

File_A contains Strings: a b c d File_B contains Strings: a c z Need to have script written in either sh or ksh. Derive resultant files (File_New_A and File_New_B) from lists File_A and File_B where string elements in File_New_A and File_New_B are listed below. Resultant... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the difference between two server lists

I just want to find the server names that belong to one list but doesnt belong to another. Just the server names in output. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmatched <<

Hi, I am running sinple ksh script . From some reason it failed on the following error: ./ogg_status.sh: syntax error at line 16 : `<<' unmatched Please advise. #!/usr/bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/software/oracle/DB10gR2 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/software/oracle/DB10gR2/lib:/usr/lib... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement with unmatched condition

Hi Gurus, I'm facing some issues with multiple conditions in my if statement. if (!($InputLine=~/^Date/)) && (!($fields eq "VEN")) { Above is the line troughing some syntax errors. I am trying to avoid the below creteria lines to process in my logic. Records starting with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi.villinda
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

<< unmatched error

Hi all, I want to call a plsql package that does not return any value. I am using the following script to do so: sqlplus $UserNamePwd <<EOF set head off begin test_pkg.procedure('$DebugFlag'); end; exit EOF if then log_message "procedure failed." exit 1 fi exit $? I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reshma15193
2 Replies
ns_lctl(3aolserver)					    AOLserver Built-In Commands 				       ns_lctl(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ns_for, ns_foreach, ns_while, ns_lctl - Replacements for standard Tcl loop commands which enable monitoring and control SYNOPSIS
ns_for start test next body ns_foreach varname list body ns_foreach varlist1 list1 ?varlist2 list2 ...? body ns_while test body ns_lctl cancel id ns_lctl eval id script ns_lctl info id ns_lctl install command ns_lctl list ns_lctl pause id ns_lctl result id _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The ns_for, ns_foreach, and ns_while commands are replacements for cooresponding Tcl commands with the additional capability of monitoring and control through the ns_lctl command. ns_for start test next body See the for(n) man page for usage. ns_foreach start test next body See the foreach(n) man page for usage. ns_foreach varlist1 list1 ?varlist2 list2 ...? body See the foreach(n) man page for usage. ns_while test body See the while(n) man page for usage. ns_lctl cancel id Mark the given loop to cancel at the next iteration, resulting in the loop returning with TCL_ERROR. ns_lctl eval id script ns_lctl info id ns_lctl install command ns_lctl list ns_lctl pause id ns_lctl result id SEE ALSO
for(n), foreach(n), while(n) KEYWORDS
threads, iteration, list, looping, cancel AOLserver 4.5 ns_lctl(3aolserver)