Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers awk for concatenation of column values Post 302749113 by RudiC on Thursday 27th of December 2012 01:47:09 PM
Old 12-27-2012
Try:
Code:
$ awk '$4=$4=="A"?$3$3:$2$3' OFS="\t" file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

averaging column values with awk

Hello. Im just starting to learn awk so hang in there with me...I have a large text file formatted as such everything is in a single column ID001 value 1 value 2 value....n ID002 value 1 value 2 value... n I want to be able to calculate the average for values for each ID from the... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmillsbro
18 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pick values from column based on key values by usin AWK

Dear Guyz:) I have 2 different input files like this. I would like to pick the values or letters from the inputfile2 based on inputfile1 keys (A,F,N,X,Z). I have done similar task by using awk but in that case the inputfiles are similar like in inputfile2 (all keys in 1st column and values in... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem while adding column values in awk

Hi, I have a file "input.txt" with the following content : 5312,0,,,1,8,141.2,20090727 3714,0,,,1,8,285.87,20090727 5426,0,,,1,8,3.9,20090727 3871,0,,,1,8,30.4,20090727 9071,0,,,1,8,146.2,20090727 5141,0,,,1,8,2.8,20090727 0460,0,,,1,8,-0.1,20090727 7918,0,,,1,8,-0.1,20090727... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: valokv
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for each different entry in column 1 extract maximum values from column 2 in unix/awk

Hello, I have 2 columns (1st column has multiple entries but the corresponding values in the column 2 may be the same or different.) however I want to extract unique values for each entry in column 1 by assigning the max value from column 2 SDF4 -0.211654 SDF4 0.978068 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare values of fields from same column with awk

Hi all ! If there is only one single value in a column (e.g. column 1 below), then return this value in the same output column. If there are several values in the same column (e.g. column 2 below), then return the different values separated by "," in the output. pipe-separated input: ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the values of a column using awk and gsub

Hi, I am using the following code to change NA to X in only the 5th column of my text file: awk '{gsub("NA","x",$5)}1' in.file > out.file How can I modify this code if I want to change NA to X in multiple columns of the text file (i.e. columns 5,6 and 7). Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Print New Column For Every Two Lines and Match On Multiple Column Values to print another column

Hi, My input files is like this axis1 0 1 10 axis2 0 1 5 axis1 1 2 -4 axis2 2 3 -3 axis1 3 4 5 axis2 3 4 -1 axis1 4 5 -6 axis2 4 5 1 Now, these are my following tasks 1. Print a first column for every two rows that has the same value followed by a string. 2. Match on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the values of a column in a same file using awk?

Dear Unix experts, I have got a file where I would like to compare the values of second column if first column is same in such a way that the difference between the values is >50. If not, I would like to discard both values. For example, my input file looks like - comp275_c0_seq2 73... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: utritala
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to get an awk script to replace values in column

I'm trying to make an awk script to compare values I've set as var1, var2, and var3 earlier in the script to the values in the userinputted column of four text files called Node1.txt, Node2.txt, Node3.txt, and Node4.txt and then replace the values in that userinputted column with either ttt or gcc,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric1
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to append suffix to column when column has duplicated values

Please help me to get required output for both scenario 1 and scenario 2 and need separate code for both scenario 1 and scenario 2 Scenario 1 i need to do below changes only when column1 is CR and column3 has duplicates rows/values. This inputfile can contain 100 of this duplicated rows of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::RelBuilder(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	      DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::RelBuilder(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::RelBuilder - Builds relationships for DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader SYNOPSIS
See DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader and DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::Base. DESCRIPTION
This class builds relationships for DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader. This is module is not (yet) for external use. METHODS
new Arguments: $loader object generate_code Arguments: [ [ local_moniker1 (scalar), fk_info1 (arrayref), uniq_info1 (arrayref) ] [ local_moniker2 (scalar), fk_info2 (arrayref), uniq_info2 (arrayref) ] ... ] This generates the code for the relationships of each table. "local_moniker" is the moniker name of the table which had the REFERENCES statements. The fk_info arrayref's contents should take the form: [ { local_table => 'some_table', local_moniker => 'SomeTable', local_columns => [ 'col2', 'col3' ], remote_table => 'another_table_moniker', remote_moniker => 'AnotherTableMoniker', remote_columns => [ 'col5', 'col7' ], }, { local_table => 'some_other_table', local_moniker => 'SomeOtherTable', local_columns => [ 'col1', 'col4' ], remote_table => 'yet_another_table_moniker', remote_moniker => 'YetAnotherTableMoniker', remote_columns => [ 'col1', 'col2' ], }, # ... ], The uniq_info arrayref's contents should take the form: [ [ uniq_constraint_name => [ 'col1', 'col2' ], ], [ another_uniq_constraint_name => [ 'col1', 'col2' ], ], ], This method will return the generated relationships as a hashref keyed on the class names. The values are arrayrefs of hashes containing method name and arguments, like so: { 'Some::Source::Class' => [ { method => 'belongs_to', arguments => [ 'col1', 'Another::Source::Class' ], { method => 'has_many', arguments => [ 'anothers', 'Yet::Another::Source::Class', 'col15' ], ], 'Another::Source::Class' => [ # ... ], # ... } AUTHOR
See "AUTHOR" in DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader and "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader. LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-08 DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::RelBuilder(3pm)