Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HPUX-Datastage
Operating Systems HP-UX HPUX-Datastage Post 302749095 by DGPickett on Thursday 27th of December 2012 12:58:31 PM
Old 12-27-2012
Is this a password authentication situation? If else fails on any UNIX app, I fall back on truss/tusc/strace, in your case on the unidata db login process, if you have the access there. Then you can see all the dialog and resources during the login.

Some apps will not log you in if your IP reverse does not look up, which can vary on different servers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

dsjob command to execute DataStage jobs

Hi Friends, I am using a dsjob command in a unix script to invoke DataStage jobs. DataStage server jobs (version 7.5.2) The command looks like thisL: $DSBinPath/dsjob -server :$SERVER_PORTID -run -mode NORMAL -jobstatus -param INPUT_GCDB_DIR=$InputFilePath -param... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

invoke windows datastage dsjob from unix

hello, i have a windows server with datastage. In another machine, unix machine, i have a shell script that need to invoke the datastage dsjob. Can anyone help me? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaconga
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

can we use routines of datastage in unix script

Hi all, My aim is to get the log details of datastage job using unix scipt. we know that DSjob are used to get the log details from datastage universe through the adminstrator.can we call that DSjob rountine in our unix script. Thanks in advance Regards, NimmyRaju:) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimmyraju
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Datastage TX

hi,does anybody familiar with datastage tx.? added your particular question: I have to modify a map to drop a timestamp from the filename variable and pass that value down to the transform/validation maps. thanks,, Edit/Delete Message (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonja
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters from a script to a datastage job

We have a requirement as follows. We have created a datastage job that will be doing the select operation from table (select query from a table). The datastage job is being invoked by a unix shell script(ksh). We are passing the "table name (STUD_DETAILS)" and a "where clause condition... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Datastage Installation Problem

HI, I am trying to install IBM infosphere Datastage on my machine. which is # uname -a Linux "hostname" 2.6.18-238.el5 #1 SMP Sun Dec 19 14:22:44 EST 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux AS per the IBM DOC, we need to install the WAS (Websphere Administration Server ) and then proceed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn48
4 Replies

9. AIX

Which tool is best tfor practicing Datastage?

I am new to unix. I started learning unix. Where can we practice unix commands. Is there any free online tools are available? or Is there any free software ? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky20
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to compile a Datastage Job using Execute Command Stage or Routines in Datastage 11?

I am trying to compile the datastage jobs using the Execute Command stage in datastage 11 or any Routines if possible. My datastage is on Unix machine. So, How can I Compile a datastage job in UNIX from command line or any Routines. Please help me in doing so. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elena jessi
1 Replies
PAM_UNIX(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       PAM_UNIX(8)

NAME
pam_unix -- UNIX PAM module SYNOPSIS
[service-name] module-type control-flag pam_unix [options] DESCRIPTION
The UNIX authentication service module for PAM, pam_unix provides functionality for three PAM categories: authentication, account management, and password management. In terms of the module-type parameter, they are the ``auth'', ``account'', and ``password'' features. It also pro- vides a null function for session management. UNIX Authentication Module The UNIX authentication component provides functions to verify the identity of a user (pam_sm_authenticate()), which obtains the relevant passwd(5) entry. It prompts the user for a password and verifies that this is correct with crypt(3). The following options may be passed to the authentication module: debug syslog(3) debugging information at LOG_DEBUG level. use_first_pass If the authentication module is not the first in the stack, and a previous module obtained the user's password, that password is used to authenticate the user. If this fails, the authentication module returns failure without prompting the user for a password. This option has no effect if the authentication module is the first in the stack, or if no previous modules obtained the user's password. try_first_pass This option is similar to the use_first_pass option, except that if the previously obtained password fails, the user is prompted for another password. auth_as_self This option will require the user to authenticate themselves as themselves, not as the account they are attempting to access. This is primarily for services like su(1), where the user's ability to retype their own password might be deemed sufficient. nullok If the password database has no password for the entity being authenticated, then this option will forgo password prompting, and silently allow authentication to succeed. NOTE: If pam_unix is invoked by a process that does not have the privileges required to access the password database (in most cases, this means root privileges), the nullok option may cause pam_unix to allow any user to log in with any password. local_pass Use only the local password database, even if NIS is in use. This will cause an authentication failure if the system is con- figured to only use NIS. nis_pass Use only the NIS password database. This will cause an authentication failure if the system is not configured to use NIS. UNIX Account Management Module The UNIX account management component provides a function to perform account management, pam_sm_acct_mgmt(). The function verifies that the authenticated user is allowed to log into the local user account by checking the following criteria: - locked status of the account compatible with pw(8) lock; - the password expiry date from passwd(5); - login.conf(5) restrictions on the remote host, login time, and tty. The following options may be passed to the management module: debug syslog(3) debugging information at LOG_DEBUG level. UNIX Password Management Module The UNIX password management component provides a function to perform password management, pam_sm_chauthtok(). The function changes the user's password. The following options may be passed to the password module: debug syslog(3) debugging information at LOG_DEBUG level. no_warn suppress warning messages to the user. These messages include reasons why the user's authentication attempt was declined. local_pass forces the password module to change a local password in favour of a NIS one. nis_pass forces the password module to change a NIS password in favour of a local one. FILES
/etc/master.passwd default UNIX password database. SEE ALSO
passwd(1), getlogin(2), crypt(3), getpwent(3), syslog(3), nsswitch.conf(5), passwd(5), pam(8), pw(8), yp(8) BUGS
The pam_unix module ignores the PAM_CHANGE_EXPIRED_AUTHTOK flag. BSD
June 20, 2009 BSD