Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with script to automate CUPS printer installs Post 302749087 by aperfecthalo on Thursday 27th of December 2012 12:45:11 PM
Old 12-27-2012
Hi RudiC,

Thanks for the speedy response. I'll go through my code and amend the unterminated if/elif statments first - am I correct in thinking I'll simply need to add the second fi in after the last elif? Eg:

Code:
if [ "$option-oki" = "1" ]; then
            read -p "How many paper trays will this printer have? Enter MF/1/2 : " b4350-trays
                if [ "$4350-trays" = "MF" ]; then
                DRV1=$B4350MF
                elif [ "$4350-trays" = "1" ]; then
                DRV1=$B4350MF
                DRV2=$B4350T1
                elif [ "$4350-trays" = "2" ]; then
                DRV1=$B4350MF
                DRV2=$B4350T1
                DRV3=$B4350T2
            fi
    fi

If I'm wrong, apologies. I never thought of using select in all honesty, I (at least thought I) knew the if, so I decided to stick in my comfort zone. If it would make more sense using select, I'll look into that.

What do you mean by an options file? Sorry if I'm a bit slow.

Kind regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sharing printer with windows via cups and samba

I want to use my linux box as a print server for my hp printer. I downloaded the linux driver for the printer and installed it. I also configured CUPS and printed a test page with it. Samba is allowing my windows machine to see and install the printer, but when i try to print to it, nothing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
1 Replies

2. Linux

Sharing Printer Linux + XP (cups/samba)

I keep getting a access denied error when I install from the XP wizard my Linux shared printer. CUPS CONFIGURATION FILE <Location /admin> # # You definitely will want to limit access to the administration functions. # The default configuration requires a local connection from a user who #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alux
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

here document to automate perl script that call script

I am trying to use a here document to automate testing a perl script however when the perl script hits a system(perl subscript.pl) call, input is no longer entered into this subscript. here is my script $ cat test.sh #ksh for testcase do program <<-EOF | tee -a funcscnlog.log y... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hogger84
3 Replies

4. Linux

mapping of a printer model with a ppd file in CUPS

Hi all, I am currently working on building a GUI to be interfaced with CUPS 1.3.4 package; In my GUI I have a list of printer manufacturers mapped With various printer models ; and for a particular printer model selected I needed to know how to map that model with an Appropriate ppd file; as I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc3008
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script that can Automate Printer adding task in HP-UX servers

I want to make a script to automate printer adding task.My inputs are like Printer name : xyz Port number :9001 I should write a script to make the Printer adding task will be automated. Like in manually adding task we are doing through hppi or jetadmin tools. ---------- Post updated at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnilKPatnaik
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Need a single printer driver added to CUPS

Just got an HP OfficeJet L7680 printer but there are no drivers for it in RHEL5. I just want to add the single driver without installing hplip 3.9.8. It's going to be connected with USB. Is this possible and if so how? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deloev
1 Replies

7. SCO

Replace Line Printer Daemon (LPD) with CUPS

hi Howto replace Line Printer Daemon (LPD) with CUPS on SCO 5.0.6? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query for printer driver in CUPS

I have a RHEL 4 (probably not important, but whatever) machine with a few dozen network printers set up in CUPS. I would like to replicate this on a second machine. With lpinfo I'm able to get the queue name and device information (socket://ipaddress or whatnot), but I haven't get figured out... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kknigga
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Samba and Cups :: How to Hide Printer Icons

Hi, I am running Linux box with samba-3.0.33 cups-1.3.7 When I access my home folder through windows and give user credentials, it works well but shows all the printers icons as well. I would like to hide them all from users. I tried changing Browsing On to Browsing Off in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_spl
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Printer configuration Migration from Solaris 10 "LP" to Solaris 11 "CUPS"

Need to find a way to import an LP printers.conf file to CUPS. I have some new Solaris 11.1 boxes that need to have 300 printers added. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies
lpc(8)								    Apple Inc.								    lpc(8)

NAME
lpc - line printer control program SYNOPSIS
lpc [ command [ parameter(s) ] ] DESCRIPTION
lpc provides limited control over printer and class queues provided by CUPS. It can also be used to query the state of queues. If no command is specified on the command-line, lpc will display a prompt and accept commands from the standard input. COMMANDS
The lpc program accepts a subset of commands accepted by the Berkeley lpc program of the same name: exit Exits the command interpreter. help [command] ? [command] Displays a short help message. quit Exits the command interpreter. status [queue] Displays the status of one or more printer or class queues. LIMITATIONS
Since lpc is geared towards the Berkeley printing system, it is impossible to use lpc to configure printer or class queues provided by CUPS. To configure printer or class queues you must use the lpadmin(8) command or another CUPS-compatible client with that functionality. COMPATIBILITY
The CUPS version of lpc does not implement all of the standard Berkeley or LPRng commands. SEE ALSO
cancel(1), cupsaccept(8), cupsenable(8), lp(1), lpr(1), lprm(1), lpstat(1), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2013 by Apple Inc. 3 November 2008 CUPS lpc(8)