Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with script to automate CUPS printer installs Post 302749087 by aperfecthalo on Thursday 27th of December 2012 12:45:11 PM
Old 12-27-2012
Hi RudiC,

Thanks for the speedy response. I'll go through my code and amend the unterminated if/elif statments first - am I correct in thinking I'll simply need to add the second fi in after the last elif? Eg:

Code:
if [ "$option-oki" = "1" ]; then
            read -p "How many paper trays will this printer have? Enter MF/1/2 : " b4350-trays
                if [ "$4350-trays" = "MF" ]; then
                DRV1=$B4350MF
                elif [ "$4350-trays" = "1" ]; then
                DRV1=$B4350MF
                DRV2=$B4350T1
                elif [ "$4350-trays" = "2" ]; then
                DRV1=$B4350MF
                DRV2=$B4350T1
                DRV3=$B4350T2
            fi
    fi

If I'm wrong, apologies. I never thought of using select in all honesty, I (at least thought I) knew the if, so I decided to stick in my comfort zone. If it would make more sense using select, I'll look into that.

What do you mean by an options file? Sorry if I'm a bit slow.

Kind regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sharing printer with windows via cups and samba

I want to use my linux box as a print server for my hp printer. I downloaded the linux driver for the printer and installed it. I also configured CUPS and printed a test page with it. Samba is allowing my windows machine to see and install the printer, but when i try to print to it, nothing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
1 Replies

2. Linux

Sharing Printer Linux + XP (cups/samba)

I keep getting a access denied error when I install from the XP wizard my Linux shared printer. CUPS CONFIGURATION FILE <Location /admin> # # You definitely will want to limit access to the administration functions. # The default configuration requires a local connection from a user who #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alux
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

here document to automate perl script that call script

I am trying to use a here document to automate testing a perl script however when the perl script hits a system(perl subscript.pl) call, input is no longer entered into this subscript. here is my script $ cat test.sh #ksh for testcase do program <<-EOF | tee -a funcscnlog.log y... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hogger84
3 Replies

4. Linux

mapping of a printer model with a ppd file in CUPS

Hi all, I am currently working on building a GUI to be interfaced with CUPS 1.3.4 package; In my GUI I have a list of printer manufacturers mapped With various printer models ; and for a particular printer model selected I needed to know how to map that model with an Appropriate ppd file; as I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc3008
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script that can Automate Printer adding task in HP-UX servers

I want to make a script to automate printer adding task.My inputs are like Printer name : xyz Port number :9001 I should write a script to make the Printer adding task will be automated. Like in manually adding task we are doing through hppi or jetadmin tools. ---------- Post updated at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnilKPatnaik
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Need a single printer driver added to CUPS

Just got an HP OfficeJet L7680 printer but there are no drivers for it in RHEL5. I just want to add the single driver without installing hplip 3.9.8. It's going to be connected with USB. Is this possible and if so how? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deloev
1 Replies

7. SCO

Replace Line Printer Daemon (LPD) with CUPS

hi Howto replace Line Printer Daemon (LPD) with CUPS on SCO 5.0.6? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query for printer driver in CUPS

I have a RHEL 4 (probably not important, but whatever) machine with a few dozen network printers set up in CUPS. I would like to replicate this on a second machine. With lpinfo I'm able to get the queue name and device information (socket://ipaddress or whatnot), but I haven't get figured out... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kknigga
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Samba and Cups :: How to Hide Printer Icons

Hi, I am running Linux box with samba-3.0.33 cups-1.3.7 When I access my home folder through windows and give user credentials, it works well but shows all the printers icons as well. I would like to hide them all from users. I tried changing Browsing On to Browsing Off in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_spl
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Printer configuration Migration from Solaris 10 "LP" to Solaris 11 "CUPS"

Need to find a way to import an LP printers.conf file to CUPS. I have some new Solaris 11.1 boxes that need to have 300 printers added. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies
cupsenable(8)							    Apple Inc.							     cupsenable(8)

NAME
cupsdisable, cupsenable - stop/start printers and classes SYNOPSIS
cupsdisable [ -E ] [ -U username ] [ -c ] [ -h server[:port] ] [ -r reason ] [ --hold ] destination(s) cupsenable [ -E ] [ -U username ] [ -c ] [ -h server[:port] ] [ --release ] destination(s) DESCRIPTION
cupsenable starts the named printers or classes while cupsdisable stops the named printers or classes. OPTIONS
The following options may be used: -E Forces encryption of the connection to the server. -U username Uses the specified username when connecting to the server. -c Cancels all jobs on the named destination. -h server[:port] Uses the specified server and port. --hold Holds remaining jobs on the named printer. Useful for allowing the current job to complete before performing maintenance. -r "reason" Sets the message associated with the stopped state. If no reason is specified then the message is set to "Reason Unknown". --release Releases pending jobs for printing. Use after running cupsdisable with the --hold option to resume printing. CONFORMING TO
Unlike the System V printing system, CUPS allows printer names to contain any printable character except SPACE, TAB, "/", or "#". Also, printer and class names are not case-sensitive. The System V versions of these commands are disable and enable, respectively. They have been renamed to avoid conflicts with the bash(1) build-in commands of the same names. The CUPS versions of disable and enable may ask the user for an access password depending on the printing system configuration. This dif- fers from the System V versions which require the root user to execute these commands. SEE ALSO
cupsaccept(8), cupsreject(8), cancel(1), lp(1), lpadmin(8), lpstat(1), CUPS Online Help (http://localhost:631/help) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2017 by Apple Inc. 11 June 2014 CUPS cupsenable(8)