Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Power Line Carrier (PLC)
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Power Line Carrier (PLC) Post 302749081 by mohsenmahoor on Thursday 27th of December 2012 12:36:35 PM
Old 12-27-2012
thank you very much.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

no carrier

I'm getting a error le0: No Carrier - transceiver cable problem? Tried looking around to see what is the best way to fix this error. Can anyone help me I can't find anything. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

2. BSD

Carrier Detection in FreeBSD

Regarding carrier detection on FreeBSD 9.1 being run within Virtual Box: I used a usb-serial dongle which shows up as ttyu0 on the BSD machine. Carrier detection appears to work. When I establish a null modem connection I receive a login prompt. If I login, and then unplug and plug back the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstor
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Carrier Detection in Solaris 8 for Dial in and Null Modem Connections

I am having troubles with carrier detection for dialing in via a modem or direct connection via a null modem connection under Solaris 8 (i.e. login session remains active after the modem disconnects). I tried two different dumb modems (which do not respond to AT commands) on the machine that I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstor
6 Replies
powerd(1M)                                                                                                                              powerd(1M)

NAME
powerd - power manager daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/power/powerd [-n] The powerd daemon is started by pmconfig(1M) to monitor system activity and perform an automatic shutdown using the suspend-resume feature. When the system is suspended, complete current state is saved on the disk before power is removed. On reboot, the system automatically starts a resume operation and the system is restored to the same state it was in immediately prior to suspend. Immediately prior to system shutdown, the daemon notifies syslogd(1M) of the shutdown, which broadcasts a notification. The following option is supported: -n No broadcast mode. The daemon silently shuts down the system without notifying syslogd(1M). /etc/power.conf Power Management configuration information file See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pmconfig(1M), dtpower(1M), syslogd(1M), power.conf(4), attributes(5), cpr(7), pm(7D) Using Power Management 15 Oct 1999 powerd(1M)