Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ShellScript to Remove Newline in ouput.csv Post 302748955 by crmsachin on Thursday 27th of December 2012 07:08:07 AM
Old 12-27-2012
ShellScript to Remove Newline in ouput.csv

Hi friends,
I am running one SQL though .sh file and in output I am seeing newline whevnever There is a new line in column.
I WANT TO REMOVE NEWLINE IN OUTPUT FILE.

Present out put in Column:
-------------------------
Code:
Hi
How 
Are 
You.

Required output in Column:
-------------
Code:
Hi How Are You.

Can anybody help me how to resolve this in Shell Script?? Below is my Script:

Code:
ORACLE_HOME=/app/oracle/product/11.1.0/client_1 ; export ORACLE_HOME
PATH=$PATH:/app/oracle/product/11.1.0/client_1/bin ; export PATH
cd /crmapp/crmpm

m=`date +%Y%m%d`

sqlplus -s abcd/efgh@crmdb << EOF

set echo off
set newpage 0
set space 0
set pagesize 0
set linesize 20000
set feed off
set heading on
set trimspool on

spool Direct_Debit_Report_$m.csv

select 'SR_Number'||','||'BANNumber'||','||'Name'||','||'CPR#'||','||'DD_Ref_Num'||','||'MSISDN'||','||'BankName'||','||'Bank_Account_Name'||','||'AccountNumber'||','||'DD_Max_Amount'||','||'DD_Max_Amount_Amend'||','||'DD_StartDate'||','||'SR_Tier-3'||','||'SR_Created'||','||'SR_Status'||','||'SR_SubStatus'||','||'Description' from dual;

select sr.sr_num||','||b.ou_num||','||b.name||','||can.tax_iden_num||','||sr.X_DD_REF_NUM||','||a.duns_num||','||x.X_BANK_NAME||','||x.X_BANK_ACC_NAME||','||x.X_BANK_ACCOUNT_NUM||','||sr.X_DD_MAX_AMT||','||sr.X_DD_MAX_AMT_AMEND||','||sr.X_DD_START_DATE||','||sr.SR_SUB_AREA||','||SR.CREATED||','||sr.SR_STAT_ID||','||sr.sr_sub_stat_id||','||sr.desc_text
from siebel.s_org_ext a,siebel.s_org_ext b,siebel.s_srv_req sr,siebel.s_srv_req_x x,siebel.s_org_ext can 
where a.ROW_ID = SR.CST_OU_ID AND
a.master_ou_id = can.row_id and
sr.row_id = x.par_row_id and
a.par_ou_id = b.row_id and
sr.sr_sub_area in ('Amendment','Cancellation','New') and
trunc(sr.created) >= (sysdate-7);

spool off
quit
EOF

#mailx -m -s "Direct Debit Report" xxx@viva.com.bh,yyy@viva.com.bh,aimakki.c@viva.com.bh,zzz@viva.com.bh  << EOF
#mailx -m -s "Direct Debit Report $m" aaa@viva.com.bh << EOF
mailx -m -s "Direct Debit Report" aaa@viva.com.bh << EOF

Hi,

PFA Direct Debit SR's since yesterday.

Note: If the sheet is blank it indicates that there is no DD SR raised since yesterday.

Thanks & Regards,
CRM Team

$(/usr/bin/uuencode "/crmapp/crmpm/Direct_Debit_Report_$m.csv" Direct_Debit_Report_$m.csv)

EOF

rm /crmapp/crmpm/Direct_Debit_Report_$m.csv

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 12-27-2012 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: code tags; anonimized email addresses

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove all tabs and newline (\n)

how to remove all tabs and newline (\n) from the exicting file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvr_satya
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove newline character conditionally

Hi All, I have 5000 records like this Request_id|Type|Status|Priority|Ticket Submitted Date and Time|Actual Resolved Date and Time|Current Ticket Owner Group|Case final Ticket Owner Group|Customer Severity|Reported Symptom/Request|Component|Hot Topic|Reason for Missed SLA|Current Ticket... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_53933
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk remove newline

Hi, I have input file contains sql queries i need to eliminate newlines from it. when i open it vi text editor and runs :%s/'\n/'/g it provides required result. but when i run sed command from shell prompt it doesn't impact outfile is still same as inputfile. shell] sed -e... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirfan
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove newline between two string with sed command in unix shellscript

I have a file (test.dat) which contains data like this 459|199811047|a |b |shan kar|ooty| 460|199811047|a |bv |gur u|cbe| but I need it like: 459|199811047|a |b |shankar|ooty| 460|199811047|a |b |guru|cbe| While reading the data from this file, I don't want to remove newline from the end of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcrshankar
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create an .csv/excel file using shellscript

In my file, i have 4 Product names(For ex:Microsoft excel, Oracle,.Net,IBM websphere,..etc.,) I want this 4 Products in 4 individual .csv/excel file after running the script with those products related information. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navya
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove ] followed by newline in bash

I need to remove ] followed by newline character to convert lines like: line1] line2 into: line1line2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove newline character between two delimiters

hi i am having delimited .dat file having content like below. test.dat(5 line of records) ====== PT2~Stag~Pt2 Stag Test. Updated~PT2 S T~Area~~UNCEF R20~~2012-05-24 ~2014-05-24~~ PT2~Stag y~Pt2 Stag Test. Updated~PT2 S T~Area~METR~~~2012-05-24~2014-05-24~~test PT2~Pt2 Stag Test~~PT2 S... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushine11
4 Replies

8. Linux

Remove newline in middle of string

my file input is with tab as delimiter, and in every line, there would be a skip of line with an unexcepted newline breaker. I'd like to remove this \n and put the information in the same line. INPUT a1 b1b2 c1 c2 d1 a2 b3 c3 d4 OUTPUT a1 b1b2 c1c2 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinkichin
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last newline character..

Hi all.. I have a text file which looks like below: abcd efgh ijkl (blank space) I need to remove only the last (blank space) from the file. When I try wc -l the file name,the number of lines coming is 3 only, however blank space is there in the file. I have tried options like... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sathya83aa
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shellscript command to remove files starting with a certain string, and older than 3 days

Hi All, Need help in identifying a shellscript command to remove all files on a server directory, starting with a certain prefix and also older than 3 days. That means files created with that prefix, today or yesterday, shouldn't be removed. Thanks, Dev (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
3 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Script(3pm)