Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Warnings about read-only filesystems while installing a Solaris package Post 302748947 by snreddy_gopu on Thursday 27th of December 2012 06:23:30 AM
Old 12-27-2012
I am not trying to install the package in zones.

While installing the package it asks for "installation directory". If you provided any directory in local file system, there is no problem with the installation.
If you entered a directory which is a mount point of a shared location on another machine, it is giving that error.

Is it related to zones(using mount point as installation directory)? I have no idea about Solaris zones.

Last edited by snreddy_gopu; 12-27-2012 at 07:37 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Installing font package

Hi All, Where do I find/download this font package 'FONT_FAMILY_SANS_SERIF-FONT_STYLE_NORMAL-14' and how to install it ? When I run an osi utility (ftamtool) it shows me this error: ##FTAM Tool : XView ERROR XView warning: Impossible de charger le jeu de caractères 'FONT_FAMILY_SANS_SERI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
0 Replies

2. Solaris

CC 5.5 compiler flag to issue 64bit porting warnings on sparc-solaris

Hi, We are porting our application from 32bit to 64bit. We tried -xarch=v9, -xarc=v9a and -xport64=full options so that compiler to issue 64bit porting warnings. But we are not getting any porting warninings WE are using CC 5.5 compiler on sparc-solaris m/c. Please tell us some powerful... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhah
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Explorer package Remotely

I am by no means a scripting person, i understand the basics of Bash and some other shells. but i am still learning a great deal mostly from this site. This is what i am basically trying to do. We have over 1000 sun Blade 1500 clients and 200+ V440, v210, V240 servers. I want the local sysadmin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing CVS package on solaris machine

Hi all, I am tring to install CVS on my solaris machine. so, I got a package cvs-1.11.22-sol10-x86-local from internet, and did this "pkgadd -d cvs-1.11.22-sol10-x86-local" and the output I got is The following packages are available: 1 SMCcvs cvs (x86)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem while installing WAS ND package

Hi everyone, Hope u doing good. I am trying to installl WebSphere Application Server(WAS) ND package, i got problem at initial level I hope, the problem is with Mozilla browzer. Can anyone trobleshoot the problem An error occurred while starting the launchpad for a WebSphere Application ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarfraz
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read only filesystems

hi guys suse 10.2 today some guys are adding some luns from a SAN so in order to add them I followed this command echo 1 > /sys/class/fc_host/host1/issue_lip echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host<number>/scan nice now after that I tried to create a folder in / but it won't let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

8. BSD

Installing MySQL package

Hey all I'm having a little trouble installing a MySQL database. This is what I tried... export PKG_PATH=ftp://mirror.planetunix.net/pub/OpenBSD/4.9/packages/`machine -a` pkg_add -v mysql-server mysql-client and this is what I get Unknown element: @rcscript /etc/rc.d/mysqld in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: desreguard
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Ext3 filesystems on san become read only

Hi all, Today I´m faced a situation where two of my ext3 filesystems on a san become read only. This happens 3 times today. The usual way to get this filesystems read and write was to reboot the server. But now the continuous go to ro mode instead of rw mode, crashes my database. I have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mig28mx
7 Replies

10. HP-UX

Installing package

Hi, I need to use the tool "meminfo" in the server, however am not able to as it says the package is not found. I am also not able to find the package in the "HPUX Porting and Archive center". Please guide on how to install this package? Thanks, Aigini (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
pkgask(1M)																pkgask(1M)

NAME
pkgask - stores answers to a request script SYNOPSIS
pkgask [-d device] [-R root_path] -r response pkginst... pkgask allows the administrator to store answers to an interactive package (one with a request script, that is, a user-created file that must be named request). Invoking this command generates a response file that is then used as input at installation time. The use of this response file prevents any interaction from occurring during installation since the file already contains all of the information the pack- age needs. The following options are supported -d device Run the request script for a package on device. device can be a directory pathname or the identifiers for tape, floppy disk or removable disk (for example, /var/tmp, /dev/diskette, and /dev/dsk/c1d0s0). The default device is the installation spool directory. -R root_path Define the full path name of a directory to use as the root_path. All files, including package system information files, are relocated to a directory tree starting in the specified root_path. Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -R option. Doing so might damage the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). -r response Identify a file or directory which should be created to contain the responses to interaction with the package. The name must be a full pathname. The file, or directory of files, can later be used as input to the pkgadd(1M) command. The following operands are supported: pkginst Specify the package instance, or list of instances for which request scripts will be created. The token all may be used to refer to all packages available on the source medium. 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), pkgmk(1), pkgparam(1), pkgproto(1), pkgtrans(1), installf(1M), pkgadd(1M), pkgchk(1M), pkgrm(1M), removef(1M), admin(4),attributes(5) The -r option can be used to indicate a directory name as well as a filename. The directory name is used to create numerous response files, each sharing the name of the package with which it should be associated. This would be used, for example, when you will be adding multiple interactive packages with one invocation of pkgadd(1M). Each package would need a response file. To create multiple response files with the same name as the package instance, name the directory in which the files should be created and supply multiple instance names with the pkgask command. When installing the packages, you will be able to identify this directory to the pkgadd(1M) command. If the default admin file is too restrictive, the administration file may need to be modified to allow for total non-interaction during a package installation. Seeadmin(4) for details. 6 Apr 2005 pkgask(1M)