Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk and or sed command to sum the value in repeating tags in a XML Post 302748811 by RudiC on Thursday 27th of December 2012 02:28:17 AM
Old 12-27-2012
This will do the task for the sample file you posted:
Code:
awk '/Amt Ccy/ {sum+=$3} END {print sum}' FS="[<>]" file

It relies on the amount line NOT spanning several lines; there are solutions for that case in these fora.

And, be advised that summing up different currencies will almost certainly run you into trouble with the financial guys - awk offers ways to sum up into different curr. arrays. This is left for your exercise.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help sum columns by break in first column with awk or sed or something.

I have some data that is something like this? item: onhand counted location ITEM0001 1 0 a1 ITEM0001 0 1 a2 ITEM0002 5 0 b5 ITEM0002 0 6 c1 I want to sum up... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: syadnom
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeating awk command

Hi all, I have an awk command that needs to be ran multiple times in a script on one file containing lots of fields of data. The file look like this (the numbers are made up): 1234 2222 2223 2222 123 2223 3333 2323 3333 3321 3344 4444 The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nistleloy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed command to remove multiple instances of repeating headers in one file?

Hi, I have catenated multiple output files (from a monte carlo run) into one big output file. Each individual file has it's own two line header. So when I catenate, there are multiple two line headers (of the same wording) within the big file. How do I use the sed command to search for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rebazon
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk: print all URL addresses between iframe tags without repeating an already printed URL

Here is what I have so far: find . -name "*php*" -or -name "*htm*" | xargs grep -i iframe | awk -F'"' '/<iframe*/{gsub(/.\*iframe>/,"\"");print $2}' Here is an example content of a PHP or HTM(HTML) file: <iframe src="http://ADDRESS_1/?click=5BBB08\" width=1 height=1... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: striker4o
18 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xml to csv using sed and awk command

Hi Guys, Can you help me in creating shell script using sed,awk etc commands to generate csv file using xml file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to extract data in repeating tags from xml

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. I need to extract data between repeating tags from an xml file and store the data in an array to process it further. <ns1:root xmlns:ns1="http://example.com/config"> <ns1:interface>in1</ns1:interface> <ns1:operation attribute1="true" attribute2="abd"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailendra
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk?

Hi , I have a below xml: <ns:Body> <ns:result> <Date Month="June" Day="Monday:/> </ns:result> </ns:Body> i have a lookup abc.txtt text file with below details Month June July August Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday I need a output xml with below tags <ns:Body> <ns:result>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Indexing each repeating pattern of rows in a column using awk/sed

Hello All, I have data like this in a column. 0 1 2 3 0 3 4 5 6 0 1 2 3 etc. where 0 identifies the start of a pattern in my data. So I need the output like below using either awk/sed. 0 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum value using sed or awk ?

Hello all, how would one go about writing a command using sed/awk that will give me an output that can sum up the number of time each user has done something and also add the amount of time... so output would be for example "smiths has run 3 process and for time taken of value: 224" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crazy_max
5 Replies
Locale::Currency(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Currency(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $curr = code2currency('usd','alpha'); $curr = code2currency('usd',LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Currency(3pm)