Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk and or sed command to sum the value in repeating tags in a XML Post 302748801 by bk_12345 on Thursday 27th of December 2012 02:13:44 AM
Old 12-27-2012
Edited the post

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help sum columns by break in first column with awk or sed or something.

I have some data that is something like this? item: onhand counted location ITEM0001 1 0 a1 ITEM0001 0 1 a2 ITEM0002 5 0 b5 ITEM0002 0 6 c1 I want to sum up... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: syadnom
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeating awk command

Hi all, I have an awk command that needs to be ran multiple times in a script on one file containing lots of fields of data. The file look like this (the numbers are made up): 1234 2222 2223 2222 123 2223 3333 2323 3333 3321 3344 4444 The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nistleloy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed command to remove multiple instances of repeating headers in one file?

Hi, I have catenated multiple output files (from a monte carlo run) into one big output file. Each individual file has it's own two line header. So when I catenate, there are multiple two line headers (of the same wording) within the big file. How do I use the sed command to search for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rebazon
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk: print all URL addresses between iframe tags without repeating an already printed URL

Here is what I have so far: find . -name "*php*" -or -name "*htm*" | xargs grep -i iframe | awk -F'"' '/<iframe*/{gsub(/.\*iframe>/,"\"");print $2}' Here is an example content of a PHP or HTM(HTML) file: <iframe src="http://ADDRESS_1/?click=5BBB08\" width=1 height=1... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: striker4o
18 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xml to csv using sed and awk command

Hi Guys, Can you help me in creating shell script using sed,awk etc commands to generate csv file using xml file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to extract data in repeating tags from xml

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. I need to extract data between repeating tags from an xml file and store the data in an array to process it further. <ns1:root xmlns:ns1="http://example.com/config"> <ns1:interface>in1</ns1:interface> <ns1:operation attribute1="true" attribute2="abd"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailendra
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk?

Hi , I have a below xml: <ns:Body> <ns:result> <Date Month="June" Day="Monday:/> </ns:result> </ns:Body> i have a lookup abc.txtt text file with below details Month June July August Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday I need a output xml with below tags <ns:Body> <ns:result>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Indexing each repeating pattern of rows in a column using awk/sed

Hello All, I have data like this in a column. 0 1 2 3 0 3 4 5 6 0 1 2 3 etc. where 0 identifies the start of a pattern in my data. So I need the output like below using either awk/sed. 0 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum value using sed or awk ?

Hello all, how would one go about writing a command using sed/awk that will give me an output that can sum up the number of time each user has done something and also add the amount of time... so output would be for example "smiths has run 3 process and for time taken of value: 224" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crazy_max
5 Replies
post(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   post(8)

NAME
post - deliver a message SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/post [options] file OPTIONS
Specifies a file that post should take aliases from. More than one file can be specified, each being preceded with the -alias option. The post program automatically consults the system alias file, /usr/lib/mh/MailAliases. If there is an Aliasfile entry in your post also con- sults the file named in that entry. Filters (re-formats) messages sent to blind copy recipients. Recipients named in the Bcc: field nor- mally receive a new message which includes a copy of the message sent to the other recipients. If this option is specified, this copy of the message is filtered according to the instructions in the named file. The default is -nofilter. Formats messages so as to conform to ARPAnet Internet Message Format protocol. This is the default behavior. You can post from formatting messages in this way by using the -noformat option. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Adds a Message-ID: or Resent-Message-ID: field to the header. Specifies the mail system over which mail is sent. The only value allowed is smtp, which is the standard mail system. Additional values are supported only for use with other mail systems. Informs the user of each step of the posting/filing process. Allows the user to watch the transport system's handling of the message (for example, local and fast delivery). Specifies the preferred length of the header compo- nents that contain addresses. The default settings for post are: -alias /usr/lib/mh/MailAliases -format -nomsgid -mts smtp -noverbose -nowatch -width 72 -nofilter DESCRIPTION
The program post is called by send(1) to deliver the message in the named file to local and remote users. In fact, all of the functions at- tributed to send on its reference page are performed by post, with send acting as a relatively simple pre-processor. Thus, it is post which parses the various header fields, appends From: and Date: lines, and interacts with the transport system. Normally, post would not be called directly by the user. It searches the To:, cc:, Bcc:, and Resent-xxx: header lines of the specified message for destination addresses, checks these addresses for validity, and formats them so as to conform to ARPAnet Internet Message Format protocol (unless the -noformat option is set). This will normally cause @local-site to be appended to each local destination address, as well as any local return addresses. If a Bcc: field is encountered, the mail system will use its addresses for delivery. The Bcc: is removed from the message sent to original recipients. The copied recipients will receive an entirely new message with a minimal set of headers. The mail system includes a copy of the message sent to the original recipients in the body of the message. This command consults the environment variable $SIGNATURE to determine the sender's personal name in constructing the From: line of the message. RESTRICTIONS
For this version, the -mts option only supports the value smtp. Additional values are supported for use only with other mail systems. PROFILE COMPONENTS
The post command does not consult the user's FILES
The system customization file. The program to process Fcc:s. The program to process Bcc:s. The system alias file. SEE ALSO
Commands: comp(1), mhmail(1), send(1) Files: mh-alias(4), mh-mail(4), mtstailor(4) Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages (RFC 822) post(8)