Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to find size of subdirectories Post 302748593 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 26th of December 2012 09:30:29 AM
Old 12-26-2012
wrong forum, moving thread...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to Find file size

Hi, I am writing a script which takes the input file name and concat as a new file by appending a "1" to the file name. However i am not able to get the size of this new file. I am not sure where i am going wrong. Please check the script and help me get this working. #!/bin/sh ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ragsnovel
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script to find files by date and size

Hi, I have a directory PRIVATE in which I have several directories and each of these have several files. Therefore, I need to find those files by size and date to back up those files in another directory. I don't know how to implement this shell script using ''find''. appreciate any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dadadc
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script to check whether particular file exists and to find its size

I want to find the size of particular file exists in a particular directory and i wnt to zip it. In the below mentioned code it should check the MQ.log in the particular directory.Please correct my code so that it will check for particular MQ.log but i could not able to check whether the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balachandar
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command/script to find size of Unix Box ?

Please could anyone provide me the Command/script to find the size and usage of Unix box ASAP ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to find the tablespace size in oracle.

Hi, I need to execute a script to find the tablespace size in oracle.But i get an error.:confused: Script Executed:- #!/bin/ksh ORACLE_SID= oracelinstance ORACLE_HOME= oracle path PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin export ORACLE_SID ORACLE_HOME PATH sqlplus... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vighna
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find process size script

Hello i am working on a project here is part of script that i need a help in get process SpectroSERVER current size if it exceed 3850 MB then #pkill -TERM ArchMgr and wait to succfull shutdown message from the log file to proceed to the next step #tail -f $SPECROOT/SS/DDM/ARCHMGR.OUT... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell:Find a word in files in a directory and subdirectories

I'm looking to write a ksh code with will be alble to find a word like 'toto' in all files going from my current directory. eg. /doc ----------->have: text.c which "toto" /doc/usr-------->have: build.pc, help.java which "toto" /doc/usr/cach -->have: test.sh which "toto" /doc/build... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeclota
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command for total number of files (and size) across subdirectories?

Hi all... I have a directory called dbrn. This directory contains an unknown number of subdirectories which in turn contain an unknown number of files. What I want to know is: How many files with extention .ABC can be found in /dbrn across all subdirecties, and what is the total size for... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beun
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find & replace a multiple lines string across multiple php files and subdirectories

Hey guys. I know pratically 0 about Linux, so could anyone please give me instructions on how to accomplish this ? The distro is RedHat 4.1.2 and i need to find and replace a multiple lines string in several php files across subdirectories. So lets say im at root/dir1/dir2/ , when i execute... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: spfc_dmt
12 Replies
TKILL(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  TKILL(2)

NAME
tkill, tgkill - send a signal to a thread SYNOPSIS
int tkill(int tid, int sig); int tgkill(int tgid, int tid, int sig); DESCRIPTION
tgkill() sends the signal sig to the thread with the thread ID tid in the thread group tgid. (By contrast, kill(2) can only be used to send a signal to a process (i.e., thread group) as a whole, and the signal will be delivered to an arbitrary thread within that process.) tkill() is an obsolete predecessor to tgkill(). It only allows the target thread ID to be specified, which may result in the wrong thread being signaled if a thread terminates and its thread ID is recycled. Avoid using this system call. If tgid is specified as -1, tgkill() is equivalent to tkill(). These are the raw system call interfaces, meant for internal thread library use. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EINVAL An invalid thread ID, thread group ID, or signal was specified. EPERM Permission denied. For the required permissions, see kill(2). ESRCH No process with the specified thread ID (and thread group ID) exists. VERSIONS
tkill() is supported since Linux 2.4.19 / 2.5.4. tgkill() was added in Linux 2.5.75. CONFORMING TO
tkill() and tgkill() are Linux-specific and should not be used in programs that are intended to be portable. NOTES
See the description of CLONE_THREAD in clone(2) for an explanation of thread groups. Glibc does not provide wrappers for these system calls; call them using syscall(2). SEE ALSO
clone(2), gettid(2), kill(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-10-01 TKILL(2)