Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need awk good link
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need awk good link Post 302748571 by AraR87 on Wednesday 26th of December 2012 07:59:45 AM
Old 12-26-2012
okay Thank youSmilie i will go thro these links.

Thanks againSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

needed very good link for Shell script

I am new to shell script.I need a link which explains basic concepts for shell scrpting (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajareddy_24
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can any good awk'er resolve this issue?

awk -F^ '{ if ((($1 != "M") && ($5 != "2")) || (($1 != "S") && ($5 != "7"))) print $0}' welcome > welcome1 The "&&" and "||" in the above command is not working with awk. When I run the above command, the same content of welcome is copied to welcome1 without any difference. Your reply is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthickrn
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good resource for learning awk with example

Hi Guys, I need to learn awk and looking for some good resource with example. I have been using Unix from long time but awk is something always allude me. would be great if you guys could point me on some good stuff but less complicated one :) Thanks Javin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javabuddy
2 Replies

4. Programming

g++ fails to link to static library when compilation and link in single command

Hello All, I've encountered a strange behaviour from g++ that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you can shed some light on it: I have a bunch of source files and want to compile them and link them with a static library liba.a located in /usr/local/lib64 into an executable Approach 1 works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magelord
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk symbolic link

I have problem find "$@" -type l -printf "%l\n" 2>/dev/null | awk -F/ ' NF > n {deepest = $0; n=NF} END {print "Output:", deepest}' My script should search all arguments which are directories for longest symbolic link path but i want Output to be this way Output: '/xxx/xxx/xxx/link ->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xpukm
1 Replies

6. Solaris

/var/adm/messages (interface turned off/restored) and link up & link down message.

Hi All I am facing an issue with our new solaris machine. in /var/adm/messages root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# cat /var/adm//messages Apr 20 03:10:01 Prod-App1 syslogd: line 25: WARNING: loghost could not be resolved Apr 20 08:24:18 Prod-App1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
0 Replies

7. Solaris

/var/adm/messages (insterface turned off/restored) and link up & link down message.

Hi All I am facing an issue with our new solaris machine. in /var/adm/messages Apr 22 16:43:05 Prod-App1 in.routed: interface net0 to 172.16.101.1 turned off Apr 22 16:43:33 Prod-App1 mac: NOTICE: nxge0 link up, 1000 Mbps, full duplex Apr 22 16:43:34 Prod-App1 mac: NOTICE: nxge0 link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for good book on awk

I am not sure if I am posting to the right forum but I would like to buy a book which goes into Awk in detail and covers the most advanced Awk programming techniques. Would anybody be able to recommend a good book? I see plenty of books available on Amazon but I am not sure how detailed they are.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create link, download, and extract in sub-directory

The awk below will create sub-directories in a directory (which is always the last line of file1, each block separated by an empty line), if the number in line 2 (always the first 6 digits in the format xx-xxxx) of file2 is found in $2 of file1. This is the current awk output. If there is a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
symlink(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							symlink(4)

NAME
symlink - symbolic link DESCRIPTION
A symbolic (or soft ) link is a file whose name indirectly refers (points) to a relative or absolute path name. During path name interpretation, a symbolic link to a relative path name is expanded to the path name being interpreted, and a symbolic link to an absolute path name is replaced with the path name being interpreted. Thus, given the path name If is a symbolic link to a relative path name such as the path name is interpreted as If is a symbolic link to an absolute path name such as the path name is interpreted as All symbolic links are interpreted in this manner, with one exception: when the symbolic link is the last component of a path name, it is passed as a parameter to one of the system calls: or (see readlink(2), rename(2), symlink(2), unlink(2), chown(2) and lstat(2)). With these calls, the symbolic link, itself, is accessed or affected. Unlike normal (hard) links, a symbolic link can refer to any arbitrary path name and can span different logical devices (volumes). The path name can be that of any type of file (including a directory or another symbolic link), and may be invalid if no such path exists in the system. (It is possible to make symbolic links point to themselves or other symbolic links in such a way that they form a closed loop. The system detects this situation by limiting the number of symbolic links it traverses while translating a path name.) The mode and ownership of a symbolic link is ignored by the system, which means that affects the actual file, but not the file containing the symbolic link (see chmod(1)). Symbolic links can be created using or (see ln(1) and symlink(2)). AUTHOR
was developed by HP and the University of California, Berkeley. SEE ALSO
cp(1), symlink(2), readlink(2), link(2), stat(2), mknod(1M). symlink(4)