Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need to recover/move diskgroup from failed host to another host Post 302748541 by amity on Wednesday 26th of December 2012 06:14:06 AM
Old 12-26-2012
Need to recover/move diskgroup from failed host to another host

Hi All

I am having VxVm on two Solaris hosts. host1 is using disk group dgHR. right now this server went down due to hardware fault. Not I need to import this dgHR into host2 server. Please let me know the procedure for the same.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

QNX host cannot ping SCO host, vice versa

The problem I am facing now is that the QNX host could not ping the SCO host and vice versa. They are in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.xx. As I am very new to Unix, I guess I must have missed out some important steps. Pls help... Thanx alot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to delete the files from local host to remote host

Hi all, i am copying .gz files from production server to development server using "scp" command.my requirement is after copying .gz files i want to delete old .gz files(two days back) in development server from production server. like this way i need to delelte .log ,.z and .dmp files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna176
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

running commands to remote host from centralized host

Gurus/Experts We have a centralized UNIX/Solaris server from where we can actually ssh to all other UNIX/Solaris servers...I need to write a script that reside on this centerlized server and do FileSystem monitoring (basically run df -h or -k) of other remote servers and then send an email to me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjum.suri
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! How to find the local host after few ssh hops to remote host???

I do a ssh to remote host(A1) from local host(L1). I then ssh to another remote(A2) from A1. When I do a who -m from A2, I see the "connected from" as "A1". => who -m userid pts/2 2010-03-27 08:47 (A1) I want to identify who is the local host who initiated the connection to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Host Key verification failed

Hi, I am running a script to scp a file from one server to another. I have created the public/private key and copied the public key to the other server and appended it to authorized_key file. But i am getting the error message saying "Host Key verification failed" Connection lost. It works well... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Host key verification failed in openssh

Experts, We are trying to make a key-based authentication from Server A to Server B. Server A is installed with openshh. Server B runs "Sun_SSH_1.1". Server A's rsa2 public key has been added into the server B's authorized_keys. We are sure that permission settings of the files and folders in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rprajendran
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer large number of files host to host

Hello.... I have two servers, one has an empty / and the other has a subdirectory with a large number (4 gig) with many, many files. I need a way to transfer the files en masse from the server with the large number of files to the one that is essentially blank. I don't have space on the used... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: blaine.miller
16 Replies

8. AIX

Ping to remote host failed

Actually. I was getting a ping to remote host failed for one of my etherchannel. When I checked it was in backup adapter and again I use to faileover and brought to primary channel. But it was again going to backup channel and giving me the alert ping to remotehost failed. When I checked the load... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohamed Thamim
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Host key verification failed error

HI i am getting host key verification failed error. # cat id_rsa.pub | ssh root@10.110.51.245 'cat >> .ssh/authorized_keys;exit;' cat: id_rsa.pub: No such file or directory @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
3 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to recover a host id?

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: How to change a host id in solaris 10 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: 3. The attempts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NwStud52
1 Replies
ypset(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 ypset(1M)

NAME
ypset - point ypbind at a particular server SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/ypset [-d ypdomain] [-h host] server DESCRIPTION
In order to run ypset, ypbind must be initiated with the -ypset or -ypsetme options. See ypbind(1M). ypset tells ypbind to get NIS services for the specified ypdomain from the ypserv process running on server. If server is down, or is not running ypserv, this might not be dis- covered until an NIS client process tries to obtain a binding for the domain. At this point, the binding set by ypset is tested by ypbind. If the binding is invalid, ypbind attempts to rebind for the same domain. ypset is useful for binding a client node that is not on a broadcast net, or is on a broadcast net that is not running an NIS server host. It is also useful for debugging NIS client applications, for instance, where an NIS map exists only at a single NIS server host. Where several hosts on the local net are supplying NIS services, ypbind can rebind to another host, even while you attempt to find out if the ypset operation succeeded. For example, if you enter the ypset command below, you might get the subsequent response from ypwhich: example% ypset host1 example% ypwhich host2 The sequence shown above is a function of the NIS subsystem's attempt to load-balance among the available NIS servers, and occurs when host1 does not respond to ypbind because it is not running ypserv (or is overloaded), and host2, running ypserv, obtains the binding. server indicates which NIS server to bind to, and must be specified as a name or an IP address. This works only if the node has a current valid binding for the domain in question and ypbind has been set to allow use of ypset. In most cases, server should be specified as an IP address. ypset tries to bind over a connectionless transport. The NIS library call, yp_all(), uses connection-oriented transport and derives the NIS server's address based on the connectionless address supplied by ypset. Refer to ypfiles(4) for an overview of the NIS name service. OPTIONS
-d ypdomain Use ypdomain, instead of the default domain. -h host Set ypbind's binding on host, instead of locally. Specify host as a name. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ypwhich(1), ypfiles(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 ypset(1M)