Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Paste command formatting
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Paste command formatting Post 302748525 by abhi1988sri on Wednesday 26th of December 2012 05:38:27 AM
Old 12-26-2012
Yes, what you are saying is correct.
The output of command will provide the output in that way only.

But we need the output to be in the form as shown in expected output.
Is there a way to format the output given by paste command to give the output as expected output.
May be using awk.. but dont know how.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

paste command

I wonder if any body can help me with a command i am struggling with. I have a file with around 400 lines in, in a program i have it pulls out each line at a time so that data from the line can be cross referenced with another file. If it finds a match it pulls out a ocde from the second file, this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mariner
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on Paste command

Hello everyone, This is Rameshreddy. I like this forum and its nice to share everyone's experience here and one can learn a lot from here. Appreciate the moderators especially. Coming to my question i have 2 files and i want to paste them with specific number of tabs as delimiters... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mudhireddy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste command issue

Problem with Paste command :) Hi All, i need small suggestion in my below script... i have output in .txt format like below file1.txt 01111111 02222222 03333333 file2.txt 230125 000012 000002 now i want to merge both the file in xls or csv formate now i am using the below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

command paste with variables

Hi. I have an interesting problem and i couldn't find out the solution. I have two variables in which there are a lot of lines finished by \n. I would like to concatenate this two variables into one in this format: var1var2 var1var2 . . . I could do this simply by command paste but it works... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: samos
32 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

paste command

input1 15 150 input2 x 10 100 input3 y 20 200 z 34 44 cmd paste -d "\t" input1 input2 input3 >>output output (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: repinementer
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with using cut and paste command

I have a file which contains 3 fields separated by tabs example andrew kid baker I need to swap kid and baker using cut and paste commands how is this to be done? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drew211
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with cut and paste command

I have a file which contains 3 fields separated by tabs example andrew kid baker I need to swap kid and baker using cut and paste commands how is this to be done? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew211
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't paste in command line.

Hello. I've made a simple script which asks the user to input a hash and then runs a command that replaces the variable $hash with what the user inserted. The ting is that when the programm asks for input I can't paste anything there..! any clues?? :wall: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: louboulos
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste command - question

Hi, Below file content is output from pasting two files. Now, i want to output another file which just contains the difference on any line For example: JAY,2,,3,5,B+,JAY,2,,3,5,B+ ANN,5,,5,1,C,ANN,5,,5,2,C Line JAY seems to have no difference. However, line ANN has difference in on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with paste command using variables

How can I accomplish this? I basically want to merge two variables onto the same line. I can do it with two FILES this way: $ cat /tmp/users_in.list | awk -F "," '{print $2}' | cut -c -1 > first.initial $ awk -F "," '{print $1}' /tmp/users_in.list | awk '{print $1}' > last.name $ paste... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenlightening
5 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)