Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Paste command formatting
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Paste command formatting Post 302748523 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 26th of December 2012 05:30:49 AM
Old 12-26-2012
There should be only to 2 percent signs on the 3rd row, the extra % sign on the two rows above are part of the input file (they stem from a previous paste operation...)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

paste command

I wonder if any body can help me with a command i am struggling with. I have a file with around 400 lines in, in a program i have it pulls out each line at a time so that data from the line can be cross referenced with another file. If it finds a match it pulls out a ocde from the second file, this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mariner
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on Paste command

Hello everyone, This is Rameshreddy. I like this forum and its nice to share everyone's experience here and one can learn a lot from here. Appreciate the moderators especially. Coming to my question i have 2 files and i want to paste them with specific number of tabs as delimiters... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mudhireddy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste command issue

Problem with Paste command :) Hi All, i need small suggestion in my below script... i have output in .txt format like below file1.txt 01111111 02222222 03333333 file2.txt 230125 000012 000002 now i want to merge both the file in xls or csv formate now i am using the below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

command paste with variables

Hi. I have an interesting problem and i couldn't find out the solution. I have two variables in which there are a lot of lines finished by \n. I would like to concatenate this two variables into one in this format: var1var2 var1var2 . . . I could do this simply by command paste but it works... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: samos
32 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

paste command

input1 15 150 input2 x 10 100 input3 y 20 200 z 34 44 cmd paste -d "\t" input1 input2 input3 >>output output (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: repinementer
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with using cut and paste command

I have a file which contains 3 fields separated by tabs example andrew kid baker I need to swap kid and baker using cut and paste commands how is this to be done? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drew211
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with cut and paste command

I have a file which contains 3 fields separated by tabs example andrew kid baker I need to swap kid and baker using cut and paste commands how is this to be done? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew211
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't paste in command line.

Hello. I've made a simple script which asks the user to input a hash and then runs a command that replaces the variable $hash with what the user inserted. The ting is that when the programm asks for input I can't paste anything there..! any clues?? :wall: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: louboulos
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste command - question

Hi, Below file content is output from pasting two files. Now, i want to output another file which just contains the difference on any line For example: JAY,2,,3,5,B+,JAY,2,,3,5,B+ ANN,5,,5,1,C,ANN,5,,5,2,C Line JAY seems to have no difference. However, line ANN has difference in on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with paste command using variables

How can I accomplish this? I basically want to merge two variables onto the same line. I can do it with two FILES this way: $ cat /tmp/users_in.list | awk -F "," '{print $2}' | cut -c -1 > first.initial $ awk -F "," '{print $1}' /tmp/users_in.list | awk '{print $1}' > last.name $ paste... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenlightening
5 Replies
PG_RESULT_SEEK(3)														 PG_RESULT_SEEK(3)

pg_result_seek - Set internal row offset in result resource

SYNOPSIS
bool pg_result_seek (resource $result, int $offset) DESCRIPTION
pg_result_seek(3) sets the internal row offset in a result resource. PARAMETERS
o $result - PostgreSQL query result resource, returned by pg_query(3), pg_query_params(3) or pg_execute(3) (among others). o $offset - Row to move the internal offset to in the $result resource. Rows are numbered starting from zero. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 pg_result_seek(3) example <?php // Connect to the database $conn = pg_pconnect("dbname=publisher"); // Execute a query $result = pg_query($conn, "SELECT author, email FROM authors"); // Seek to the 3rd row (assuming there are 3 rows) pg_result_seek($result, 2); // Fetch the 3rd row $row = pg_fetch_row($result); ?> SEE ALSO
pg_fetch_row(3), pg_fetch_assoc(3), pg_fetch_array(3), pg_fetch_object(3), pg_fetch_result(3). PHP Documentation Group PG_RESULT_SEEK(3)