Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to ping localhost
Operating Systems AIX Unable to ping localhost Post 302747443 by MichaelFelt on Friday 21st of December 2012 10:09:36 AM
Old 12-21-2012
just to be sure: is netsvc.conf containing:

Code:
hosts = local, bind

I do not know for sure, but I have always removed any spaces. And, if you are not using IPv6 you might be happier with

Code:
hosts=local4,bind4

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to ping host

Hi, dear all, I am rather new to Unix and have this problem where I cant seem to ping from 1 host to another. The scenerio is as follows: - 1 QNX host->Eth->1 SCO host the SCO host is configured with it's IP the QNX host is configured with another IP both in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.XX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIC The Status Down but I can ping the localhost??!!

Hello, hi guys I don't know what is the problem with my NIC I can ping the Localhost (LOOPBACK) but when I run a scripts to check the NIC statuse it's shown the NIC DOWN sooo what could be the problem and what is the best way to start trouplshooting the NIC in SUN-SOLARIS. Regards, Karim ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoquest
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable ping ipaddress

I have Sco openserver 5.0. It had a 125. ip. I changed it to a 192. ip. was unable to ping the 192. I was told to change it in the etc/tcp etc/hosts files which i did. still unable to ping. i am getting a message unable to route to host. I also have an error in my etc/tcp file on line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdoug76
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to ping

DEar all i am receiving this error on start and then unable to ping (dlpid): unable to open network adapter driver (/dev/mdi/e3h0) what to do ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Unable to ping the gateway IP itself

We are unable to bring one of our linux boxes into the network once it was restarted. But once we stop and start the network service. We are able to ping the gateway and get into network. After a minute or two we get the following reponse for the ping command 64 bytes from 124.168.215.40:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
6 Replies

6. Solaris

unable to ping server

hi, I setup a Solaris machine in my server room and my client cannot access it. Can anyone advise? Test that i have done: -My client pc cannot ping the server. -My solaris server cannot ping client -My solaris server can ping it's gateway -Another NT machine 1 (10.179.30.26) in the server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skiturn
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

unable to ping to my server

hi, I setup a Solaris machine in my server room and my client cannot access it. Can anyone advise? Test that i have done: -My client pc cannot ping the server. -My solaris server cannot ping client -My solaris server can ping it's gateway -Another NT machine 1 (10.179.30.26) in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: skiturn
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to ping New server

Hi ALL, I Have installed NEW v240 server through hyper terminal, After installation i unable to ping the server from out side server... i can see no entry in resolve.conf file.. but the server has DNS.. willl that issue.. please guide me ping the server from outside within the same network bk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_krish
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to ping Windows

Hello, Am unable to ping the Windows Box, from my Solaris Box. They both are in same LAN, have the same IP Segments. Windows IP :: 10.141.14.120 Solaris IP :: 10.141.14.11 Unable to get why isnt working out.... When using the command 'ping 10.141.14.120', it gives the error as 'ping:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayanto
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

Unable to connect to localhost in Debian 6?

Hello Everyone, I have unable to run the default server with localhost in my Debian machine. While trying to run Django I get: Error: That IP address can't be assigned-to. error While trying to run galaxy-dist I get this error: socket.error: Cannot assign requested address I can't telnet... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachit adhikari
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)