Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Server shutdown based on temperature Post 302746961 by ojgraham on Thursday 20th of December 2012 09:37:10 AM
Old 12-20-2012
Based on the following, is there one particular "sensor" that triggers the shutdown?

Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System Temperatures (Temperatures in Celsius):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sensor           Status  Temp LowHard LowSoft LowWarn HighWarn HighSoft HighHard
PDB/T_AMB        OK        26    -10      -5       0      45       50       55
MB/T_AMB         OK        29    -10      -5       0      50       55       60
MB/CMP0/T_TCORE  OK        44    -10      -5       0      85       90       95
MB/CMP0/T_BCORE  OK        44    -10      -5       0      85       90       95
IOBD/IOB/T_CORE  OK        45    -10      -5       0      95      100      105
IOBD/T_AMB       OK        30    -10      -5       0      52       57       62

Last edited by Scott; 12-20-2012 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server shutdown Troubleshooting

SCO Unixware 7.1.1 Hi friends, At 11:30pm last night mymain Unix Server hung or rebooted (Unaware which one), and was bot available for 10 minutes. Is there a log file somewhere which will tell me what happened ? I have looked ad /var/adm/syslog, but cannot make head nor tail of it. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shutdown a unix server

Hi, how to shutdown a unix machine ? We are on SunOS server15.8 Generic_108528-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mysterious Server Shutdown

Virtually no UNIX admin experience. Any admin duties are shared by several folks with no special training. Today we had our Sun v880 server, running Solaris 5.8, shutdown for no apparent reason. When we checked on server we found it completely powered down, yet still connected to a fully... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
6 Replies

4. AIX

server is getting shutdown

Hi Guys, Please help in this...when we start HACMP services ..server is getting shutdon. Error mesg from cluster.log. Apr 14 08:43:27 bascop17 snmpd: NOTICE: SMUX trap: (0 0) (127.0.0.1+46302+1) Apr 14 08:43:33 bascop17 topsvcs: (Recorded using libct_ffdc.a cv 2):::Error ID:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RHEL 4 U5 - Server immediate shutdown

Dear all, My server has shutdown frequently. It is AMD64, OS is RHEL 4 U5. I've seen the system log, before the shutdown occured: Jul 29 04:28:56 localhost kernel: EDAC k8 MC0: general bus error: participating processor(local node response), time-out(no timeout) memory transaction... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_bold
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to shutdown client machine from the server

I have a unix server through which some ten client machines are connected. I want to shutdown/restart all the machine from the server through the shell script during the particular time of the day. I welcome your suggestions. Thanks in advance. With regards Victor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Server Shutdown Problem

I have a sparc T1 server (I know its old) running Solaris 8, which we use for testing. It has been very slow in response- prompt takes couple of minutes to come up, so I decided to reboot the server but I can reboot it, it is giving following errors when I try to shutdown it down. root@deva:/#... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Startup and shutdown a server

Are rc scripts executed serially or all at the same time. Is there a way to see this happen? A log file or the syslogd? This is Solaris 10. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shutdown the Linux server if no one is using the server

Hi All, I want to shutdown the server if no one is actualy using it. Its a linux server. I thought of sending a msg on users terminal for those who all are logged in and expecting a input from them. If they will reply system should not get shutdown else it should not. Can any one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sadhana
2 Replies

10. AIX

Server Shutdown

Hi, is it possible to find out ip address of user who has shutdown or rebooted the server , I have used the command errpt -a , in that it is showing server rebooted but it is not showing ip address who has shutdown the serve, even I have used command last reboot. Please suggest. Regards, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies
LM75(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   LM75(4)

NAME
lm75 -- lm75 i2c digital temperature sensor driver SYNOPSIS
device iic device iicbus device lm75 DESCRIPTION
The lm75 driver provides access to sensor data and configuration over the iicbus(4). It provides an easy and simple way to check the functionality of an i2c bus as it provides read and write access to the lm75 configuration register. The access to lm75 data is made via the sysctl(8) interface: dev.lm75.0.%desc: LM75 temperature sensor dev.lm75.0.%driver: lm75 dev.lm75.0.%location: addr=0x49 dev.lm75.0.%pnpinfo: name=lm750 compat=national,lm75 dev.lm75.0.%parent: iicbus3 dev.lm75.0.temperature: 27.1C dev.lm75.0.thyst: 75.0C dev.lm75.0.tos: 80.0C dev.lm75.0.faults: 1 dev.lm75.0.mode: comparator dev.lm75.0.polarity: active-low dev.lm75.0.shutdown: 0 dev.lm75.%d.temperature Is the read-only value of the current temperature read by the sensor. dev.lm75.%d.thyst Sets the hysteresis temperature. Once the temperature gets over the overtemperature shutdown value (tos) it needs to drop below the hysteresis temperature to disable the output (interrupt) pin again. dev.lm75.%d.tos Sets the overtemperature shutdown value. Once the temperature gets over this value the output pin will be enabled. The way the output (interrupt) pin works, depends on the mode configuration. dev.lm75.%d.faults Is the number of faults that must occur consecutively to activate the interrupt (output) pin. It can be set to 1, 2, 4, and 6. dev.lm75.%d.mode Sets the operation mode for the sensor interrupt pin. It can be set to 'comparator' (default) or 'interrupt'. dev.lm75.%d.polarity Sets the polarity of the sensor interrupt pin. It can be set to 'active-low' (default) or 'active-high'. Please note that the output pin is an open-drain output and it needs a proper pull-up resistor to work. dev.lm75.%d.shutdown When set to '1' it shuts down the sensor. The temperature conversion stops but the sensor remains with its i2c bus active, i.e., it can be woken up by setting this option to '0' again. Please check the lm75 datasheet for more details. When used together with snmp_lm75(3) it allows the monitoring of lm75 temperature data over SNMP. The lm75 driver supports both the low and the high resolution models. The low resolution model (lm75) provides a 9 bit output with the LSB representing 0.5C. The high resolution model (lm75a) provides an 11 bit output with the LSB representing 0.125C. The driver tries to auto-detect the lm75 model, but the detection of some lm75 clones may not work reliably. On a device.hints(5) based system, like MIPS, these values are configurable for lm75: hint.lm75.%d.at Is the iicbus(4) you are attaching to. hint.lm75.%d.addr Is the lm75 i2c address on the iicbus(4). On a FDT(4) based system, like ARM, the DTS part for a lm75 device usually looks like: i2c { ... lm750 { compatible = "national,lm75"; i2c-address = <0x49>; }; }; Where: compatible Should always be set to "national,lm75". i2c-address The i2c-address property indicates which i2c address the lm75 is wired at. lm75 temperature sensors can be wired to 8 different addresses, allowing up to 8 sensors on the same iicbus(4). SEE ALSO
snmp_lm75(3), fdt(4), iic(4), iicbus(4), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The lm75 driver first appeared in FreeBSD 11.0. AUTHORS
The lm75 driver and this manual page were written by Luiz Otavio O Souza <loos@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
May 11, 2014 BSD