Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Disabling SSH direct access for an AIX user Post 302746797 by adilyos on Thursday 20th of December 2012 03:36:49 AM
Old 12-20-2012
Disabling SSH direct access for an AIX user

Hello everyone,

Can anyone help me please. I want to disable SSH direct access for an AIX user.

For example, if I have USER1 and USER2. I want to disactivate direct access for USER2. The user must enter his login (USER1) and his password and then he can do
Code:
su - USER2

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Direct disk access

Is there any way to write to disk sector by sector, without any files, filesystems etc. I did that in DOS, but that was DOS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lopatonosec
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Force user to use ssh/prevent telnet access

I have just set up a user on our system HP-Thru64. The user needs to be able to su to root after they login and this works fine. Users cannot login from root externally so you have to first connect as a user and then su. I am wondering is it possible for me to prevent the user from having telnet... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: peragin
4 Replies

3. Linux

ssh - disable direct root login

Hi Guys.... I am a newbie to unix. I have a requirement. I have a server. I have to configure ssh to disable direct root login and then add a user with sudo access to this server.Then change the ssh port to 22315 and the server should permit the ssh only from my local machine ip.I also have to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahesh_raghu
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Direct/scsu access to unix account

Hey Is there any way to differentiate if a user is logged directly into a UNIX functional account or if they have scsu'ed into the functional account? Cheers Paul (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerpaul
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

does disabling requiretty in sudo have security implications with SSH?

I've run into an issue running rsync remotely via SSH/sudo ... I get the error sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo I know that I can disable the tty in sudoers file ( !requiretty), but my question is: is there a security risk by disabling requiretty with SSH/rsync/sudo? Is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kettlewell
0 Replies

6. AIX

Disabling SNMP in AIX 7.1

Hi, I am planning to disable SNMP in our AIX LPARs. wanted to see by disabling in a test LPAR. before that, I would like to check disabling this SNMP will impact any of our application or database in anyway. what kind of other software depends on these SNMP daemons ? Can you please let me... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
9 Replies

7. IP Networking

Force SSH session without/disabling X11 forwarding.

I would like to disable X11 session forcefully. I have tried the following things: 1. Setting appropriate DISPLAY variable in the /etc/environment file to be "0.0" 2. I have tried setting the sshd_config parameter X11Forwarding to be "no" This session communication is happening by exchanging... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvsk
2 Replies

8. AIX

Procedure to restrict direct access as root

Hello, I would like to confirm whether the below procedure is correct. disabled direct super user access on AIX server using below procedure. Please let me know if there is any additional step. 1) confirm the access to HMC, console to reach the LPARs 2) chuser rlogin=false root ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dio34
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Direct Printing In AIX

Hello. I recently upgraded to a new Power 8 server and running AIX 7.1. I migrated from an IBM P520 and AIX 5.5. My application on the P520 works best if I direct print, it doesn't work well with spooling. My IBM rep set up the new Power 8 server with spooling which is causing an issue.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldavis1080
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command disabling sudo access

Hi, I have setup password less login to sudo for a particular group. if I do sudo /usr/local/sbin/group it will take me to the group without password. Recently i executed a command scl_source as source scl_source enable devtoolset-7. After that my sudo is asking password not sure why sudo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)