Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to do su -
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to do su - Post 302746613 by Laxxi on Wednesday 19th of December 2012 05:10:26 PM
Old 12-19-2012
Unable to do su -

Hi,
when I try to do " su - oradba" on my solaris box i get following error:
Please let me know the proabbale cause and resolution to this.
=====================

su - oradba
Enter Local Unix Password:
Login Error
-----------
The user 'oradba' is not allowed to log direct into this host.
If this is in error, then please contact Unix Support, x7989.
This login attempt has been logged.
================================

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to login

Hi Admin/Moderator, I am unable to login with my user id "chanakyahere", even it is not accepting my mail id to which i got one reply aso.. it is saying that i suppied "mail id that is not recognised".. please look forward regarding this problem.. i joined on last saturday i.e on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chanakya
1 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to

Unable to Activate ErnieS email id removed It just keeps sending me round in circles? And in true Unix fashion as soon as I post this it does.... Please ignore Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ErnieS
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to get help from man

Help, it seem that i am unable to get man help form solaris 10. I am running SunOS unknown 5.10 Generic_120012-14 i86pc i386 i86pc when ever i try to man a command what i get is "No manual entry" like the one below. # man grep No manual entry for grep. # man ls No manual entry for ls.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezsurf
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to register

I tried registering couple of times, and got the following message. Sorry, registration denied. We check new registrations against a database of known forum spammers. At this time, we are unable to contact this database to verify your registration. We are sorry for the inconvenience but please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josvasanth
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to use df -h

Hi , On one of my solaris server I getan error whenever I use df -h as below. df: unknown option: h Usage: df But this works on other servers.Please advise. Regards, VN (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to assign a value

I have written a shell script to calculate dbsize :- db2 "call get_dbsize_info(?,?,?,-1)" | sed -n '8p' | awk -F : '{print $2}' dbsize=`db2 "call get_dbsize_info(?,?,?,-1)" | sed -n '8p' | awk -F : '{print $2}'` echo $dbsize when I execute it the syntax works but it's not... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazydev
11 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to log in

Hi Mater, I get a message from your website Forums Rules that China user can't log in this forums for security reason. However, I am a new user for UNIX, and I have never touch the UNIX system before. So I think I am a friendly man for your rules. Critically, I need everyone help in this forums... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h_y754831
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to grep

I have a file with 2 lines of code Rome is in Romeo Romeo is in Rome How do I grep, so that only last line would be the outcome. sample output Romeo is in Rome I have tried with all possible greps but its resulting in both the lines in output. Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
6 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to register

Unable to login. When trying to make fresh registration getting error that username is already used and when trying to use forget password journey then getting error message, "email address not registered". (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to extend LV

Hi all. I have a Logical volume that I can't extend, with this error message: server171:root:/root# lvextend -L +1024M -v /dev/aplic_vg/siteminderwa_lv Finding volume group aplic_vg Archiving volume group "aplic_vg" metadata (seqno 75). Extending logical volume siteminderwa_lv to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gabriander
0 Replies
sulogin(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       sulogin(1M)

NAME
sulogin - access single-user mode SYNOPSIS
sulogin DESCRIPTION
The sulogin utility is automatically invoked by init when the system is first started. It prompts the user to type a user name and password to enter system maintenance mode (single-user mode) or to type EOF (typically CTRL-D) for normal startup (multi-user mode). The user should never directly invoke sulogin. The user must have the solaris.system.maintenance authorization. The sulogin utility can prompt the user to enter the root password on a variable number of serial console devices, in addition to the tra- ditional console device. See consadm(1M) and msglog(7D) for a description of how to configure a serial device to display the single-user login prompt. FILES
/etc/default/sulogin Default value can be set for the following flag: PASSREQ Determines if login requires a password. Default is PASSREQ=YES. /etc/default/login Default value can be set for the following flag: SLEEPTIME If present, sets the number of seconds to wait before login failure is printed to the screen and another login attempt is allowed. Default is 4 seconds. Minimum is 0 seconds. Maximum is 5 seconds. Both su(1M) and login(1) are affected by the value of SLEEPTIME. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
auths(1), login(1), consadm(1M), init(1M), su(1M), attributes(5), msglog(7D) NOTES
By default, the root user has all authorizations. Granting the solaris.system.maintenance authorization to the Console User Rights Profile may have an undesirable side effect of granting the currently logged in user maintenance mode access. The solaris.system.maintenance authorization should be directly granted to appropri- ate users rather than through the Console User Rights Profile. SunOS 5.11 21 Aug 2008 sulogin(1M)