Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Installing broadcom driver for wireless access Post 302746501 by amitbharad on Wednesday 19th of December 2012 01:26:52 PM
Old 12-19-2012
RedHat Installing broadcom driver for wireless access

I use lspci and dmesg command and find out that i have ipw2000 wireless card on my laptop. I want to install driver for that but i'm not getting proper driver for that.My linux version is el5 and architecture is i386.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Broadcom 440x 10/100 integrated controller\intel(r) pro/wireless 2200bg network conne

Hi , all I have the same problem as posted by stakes20 , but i could not find these drivers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibasit
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No Mandriva wireless driver, NDIS help...

Mandriva is not recognizing my wireless PCI card. I have the Windows driver but do not know how to use NDIS to load it, anyone done this before? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jo calamine
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing RT2500 Wireless network card

I need to install a driver for my RT2500 PCI wireless network card on my Solaris 10. So I went to the ralink website (the manufacturer of the network card), and downloaded the linux (well supposedly the unix driver) binary file. Burned it to dvd, and copied from the dvd to my solaris computer.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xannen
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Wireless driver

hi every one,please i need a link to download Broadcom WLAN 802.11 b/g driver for RHEL 5.1. thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Redhat_9ja
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Help reqd in installing wireless usb on fed 14

Hello all, I am fed up on trying to install my newly purchased usb wireless antenna to my fedora14 machine; so I seek help of all you linux masterminds out there. It worked well in my Win XP. Please help me in setting up it to my Fedora. . Details follows: The device model is : Aztech... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsabarinath
5 Replies

6. IP Networking

Help setting up a wireless access point

Hello, A friend of mine just purchased a DLINK 8500AP and I'm trying to help him set up wireless internet in his house. His computers are connected to one of two switches, which are both hooked up to his DSL modem. I connected the 8500AP to one of the switches. According to the instruction... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorik
3 Replies

7. Hardware

Linux Driver for SafeCom ( Texas Instruments ) Wireless Card

hi, would anyone know where to get a Linux ( Red Hat ) driver for a SafeCom ( i.e. Texas Instruments ) 11g WLAN card SWLPT 54108 ? It's quite an old card that only seems to come with windows drivers on its install disk. thanks, Jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Broadcom driver for Solaris

I'm having the hardest time finding the Broadcom drivers for Solaris. I need an odd ball, 32-bit for Solaris 10. Anyone know where I can find one? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ihatewindows
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Looking for a wireless driver for Solaris 10(x86)

Hello, I just installed Solaris 10 on an good old Thinkpad r52 laptop, everything seems to work fine, except for a wireless network interface which needs a third party driver. Back in days this driver was freely available from opensolaris.org now it's gone. The name of the package is SUNWiwi,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nongrato
2 Replies
EX(4)							 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						     EX(4)

NAME
ex -- Ethernet device driver for the Intel EtherExpress Pro/10 and Pro/10+ SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device ex Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_ex_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ex driver provides support for Ethernet adapters based on the Intel i82595 chip. On the ISA bus, the card will be searched for in the I/O address range 0x200 - 0x3a0. The IRQ will be read from the EEPROM on the card. For correct operation Plug-N-Play support should be disabled. On the PC Card bus, the card will be automatically recognized and configured. HARDWARE
The ex driver supports the following Ethernet adapters: o Intel EtherExpress Pro/10 ISA o Intel EtherExpress Pro/10+ ISA o Olicom OC2220 Ethernet PC Card o Olicom OC2232 Ethernet/Modem PC Card o Silicom Ethernet LAN PC Card o Silicom EtherSerial LAN PC Card DIAGNOSTICS
ex%d: Intel EtherExpress Pro/10, address %6D, connector %s The device probe found an installed card, and was able to correctly install the device driver. ex%d: WARNING: board's EEPROM is configured for IRQ %d, using %d The device probe detected that the board is configured for a different interrupt than the one specified in the kernel configuration file. ex%d: invalid IRQ. The device probe detected an invalid IRQ setting. SEE ALSO
arp(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The ex device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 2.2. AUTHORS
The ex device driver was written by Javier Martin Rueda. The PC Card attachment was written by Mitsuru ISAWAKI and Warner Losh. This manual page was written by David E. O'Brien. BUGS
Currently the driver does not support multicast. The Silicom EtherSerial card's serial port does not currently work. The Olicom OC2232 PC Card should work with the ex driver, but is cur- rently completely broken. BSD
July 16, 2005 BSD