Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File creation time
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat File creation time Post 302746269 by mastansaheb on Wednesday 19th of December 2012 04:21:55 AM
Old 12-19-2012
Very much thnx scott

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file creation time

i have to delete some files that were created on a particular date. is there any way to do that without affecting the files that were modified on the same date? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sskb
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file creation date & time

Hi All, I have some files which are creates every day using a script. I want to create a log files which does write "filename,creation day and time" how can I do this ?? Alice (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix File creation time

IS there any command to find the file creation time in Unix. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinivt
2 Replies

4. Programming

File creation time

Hi Everybody, Is their any functions to find out the file creation time in 'C' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File creation time in seconds

Hi All, Cany any one help me in solving this.. Problem statement: I have a requirement to find the time from which there are no files created in a given directory. For this I am assuming that I need to get the file creation time in seconds, then the current time in seconds using `date +%s`.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chary
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find file creation time

Hello folks, I have a file, but it change every seconds, i use stats command to check its creation time, but it shows access,modify and change time same. Is there any other way to see the file creation date/time? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

About Unix File creation time

Hello, I registered and recreated this thread because everywhere we can see "It's not possible to get the file creation time in UNIX fs". This is not true any more with Ext4! Unfortunately, there is not user-level tools that allow you to read those information. You have to use a low level tool... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaellafond
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File creation time in UNIX

Hi All, Can any one help how to long list today's files in unix.i.e files which are have been created today should be able to "ls -ltr" .I should be able to apply the "ls -ltr" command on today's files(should not include all the files which were there in the directory). Thanks in advance!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time take between first and last file creation

Hi , In a folder I have multiple files. I want total time taken to write those files. Can you please suggest what will be the best way to go for it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sftp file creation time

Hi Team, Could you please let me know ,how to find the file creation date time in SFTP server. i tred like , ls -ltr command only availble and not available like ls --full-time test.txt please help? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk123
7 Replies
iodbctest(1)						       iODBC Driver Manager						      iodbctest(1)

NAME
iodbctest, iodbctestw - iODBC Demonstration programs SYNOPSIS
iodbctest ["DSN=xxxx[;UID=xxxx][;PWD=xxxx][;OPT=value]"] iodbctestw ["DSN=xxxx[;UID=xxxx][;PWD=xxxx][;OPT=value]"] DESCRIPTION
The iodbctest program and iodbtestw programs are simple ODBC sample programs, showing the strength of the ODBC API to connect to any ODBC enabled database, issue SQL commands and retrieve the query results. The iodbctest program uses the standard ODBC API calls to connect using any DSN, but retrieves all results in ASCII mode. The iodbctestw program uses the ODBC Unicode API calls to connect using any DSN, and retrieves all results in Unicode mode. OPTIONS
The iodbctest program uses the SQLDriverConnect function to make a connection using any available ODBC compliant driver. This allows the user to override any ODBC connect attribute in the DSN string. Connect strings should start with either a DSN=xxx or a DRIVER=xxxx attribute optionally followed by other DSN attributes separated by a semicolon e.g: DSN=ora9;UID=scott;PWD=tiger;DATABASE=ora9u Any attributes required for a proper connection that are not entered in the DSN connect string, must be present in the odbc.ini file. If the connect string is passed as an argument to the iodbctest program, the string should be quoted as most shells use the semicolon as their command separator. If the connect string is entered on the interactive prompt, no quotes should be used. After a successful connection has been established, the user is prompted for a SQL command to be send to the database. A SQL command cannot span multiple lines. If the SQL command returns one or more result sets, each result set is fetched using character buffers and displayed in a table. Additionally, the iodbctest program understands a few special commands: qualifiers Show a list of qualifiers using the SQLTables catalog call. owners Show a list of owners using the SQLTables catalog call. tables Show a list of tables using the SQLTables catalog call. types Show a list of tables types using the SQLTables catalog call. datatypes Show a list of data types using the SQLGetTypeInfo catalog call. reconnect Perform a disconnect/reconnect with the information saved during the first SQLDriverConnect. quit (or exit) Exit the program and return to the shell. EXAMPLES
Start the iodbctest program and get a list of DSNs before making a connection: $ iodbctest OpenLink ODBC Demonstration program This program shows an interactive SQL processor Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): ? DSN | Driver ----------------------------------------------------------------- ora9 | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver mysql | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver mysqllite | OpenLink Lite for MySQL myodbc | MyODBC Driver pgsql | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver tds | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): DSN=ora9;PWD=tiger Driver: 05.20.0316 OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver (oplodbc.so) SQL> Connect to an Oracle 9 instance which has been previously setup in the odbc.ini file: $ iodbctest "DSN=ora9;UID=scott;PWD=tiger" iODBC Demonstration program This program shows an interactive SQL processor Driver: 05.20.0316 OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver (oplodbc.so) SQL>select * from emp ID |NAME -----------------+------------------------------------------- 1 |Record 1 2 |Record 2 2 |Record 3 result set 1 returned 3 rows. SQL> quit COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2009 by OpenLink Software AUTHOR
iODBC Administrator <iodbc@openlinksw.com> 3.52.7 3 August 2005 iodbctest(1)