Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VIOS LPAR Error 0518
Operating Systems AIX VIOS LPAR Error 0518 Post 302746043 by kah00na on Tuesday 18th of December 2012 04:30:33 PM
Old 12-18-2012
What are you trying to boot from? The DVD installation media or a virtual CD from the VIO server?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problem mapping LUN disk from VIOS to the LPAR

Hello guys, It would be so nice of you if someone can provide me with these informations. 1) My SAN group assigned 51G of LUN space to the VIO server.I ran cfgdev to discover the newly added LUN. Unfortunately most of the disks that are in VIO server is 51G. How would I know which is the newly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

2. AIX

DUAL VIOS & Client LPAR hangs at 25b3

I have a DUAL VIO ( IBM Virtual I/O ) setup on p 570. Two Vio server ( VIOS ) and many LPAR clients. VIO ( latest version + service pack + applied the fix ) and AIX 6.1 ML2 When both VIOs are running, and if I turn on a Client LPAR, the LPAR hangs at LED 25b3 for more than 1 hour then it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

3. AIX

VIOS to lpar Mapping

Hello, I have created mapping of 2 virtual adapters for Lpars using following command: mkvdev -vdev ipanalyzerlv1 -vadapter vhost11 mkvdev -vdev ipanalyzerlv -vadapter vhost13 The above two commands were succesfull but when I want to map the third virtual device to the same Lpar than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
3 Replies

4. AIX

LPAR freezes after switching of storage (lpar is mirrored)

Hi all, I have the following configuration 2 ds3524 storage disk systems located over 2 locations 2 P720 server located over 2 locations DS3524 are connected to san switch. Each vio server has 1 fc adapter attached to a san switch. per p720 server 2 virtual io servers. Vio 1 has 1 lun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markiemark
2 Replies

5. AIX

What's the difference between VIOS and LPAR?

Hi All, Besides the licenses on VIO and LPAR. What's the main difference with the two? I have installed VIO, my manager told me so, because it's like a free hypervisor but I never installed LPAR before. How do you install it? And if you can give more info on the two, that would be great. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

6. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

7. AIX

List LPAR from VIOS

Hi guys, does anyone know how to get a list of the LPAR running on VIOS? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cecco16
5 Replies

8. AIX

Moving VIOS, LPAR's, HMC to different subnet

Hi, Just joined to new company with one Power 720 Express (8202-E4C) server and have no much experience with IBM systems. I am trying to move everything I mentioned to different subnet as required by customer contract (currently sitting on same subnet as company lan). Access to this subnet will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: spricer
8 Replies

9. AIX

VIOS: Extend virtual disk assigned to running lpar?

Hello, VIOS 2.2.1.4 using IVM. I'm trying to extend a virtual disk assigned to a running lpar so that I can expand the lpar's datavg and grow some filesystems for the user. Storage admin expanded the lun and new size was reflected in VIO right away. I then needed the storage pool to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_aix
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to install client AIX LPAR to vscsi hdisk provided from VIOS

Hi everybody, I have Power5 server with 4 internal hdisks each of 70Gb. VIOS server was installed via Virtual I/O Server Image Repository on the HMC. HMC release - 7.7.0 VIOS rootvg installed on 2 disk(these disks merged to one storage pool during VIOS install process),and 2 others hdisks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravil Khalilov
2 Replies
mkcd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  mkcd(1M)

NAME
mkcd - create bootable Solaris ISO image SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/mkcd -v [-l label] media-root iso DESCRIPTION
The mkcd utility takes media-root (the root of an on-disk Solaris install media) as input and creates a bootable Solaris ISO image in the file iso, using mkisofs(8). The file can then be burned onto a CD/DVD with utilities such as cdrw(1) or cdrecord(1). (Neither mkisofs(8) nor cdrecord(1) are SunOS man pages.) Caution - The directory tree media-root must contain the file boot/grub/stage2_eltorito, which will be written to the media boot sectors. This file will be modified with some boot information, thus it must be writable. If necessary, first save a copy prior to running this utility. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -l label Sets label as the label/volume name of the ISO image. -v Verbose. Multiple -v options increase verbosity. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: media-root Top-level directory of an on-disk Solaris install media. iso Name of the output file which will contain the resulting ISO image. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Creating an ISO Image and Burning a CD/DVD The following commands create an ISO image from the content of s10u1 and burn the image to a CD/DVD. # /usr/bin/mkcd s10u1 s10u1.iso # /usr/bin/cdrw -i s10u1.iso ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cdrw(1), attributes(5) mkisofs(8), (/usr/share/man/man8/mkisofs.8), in the SUNWfsman package (not a SunOS man page) SunOS 5.11 25 Jul 2008 mkcd(1M)