Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Setting Password For PDF File--Linux Post 302745871 by Yoda on Tuesday 18th of December 2012 09:01:53 AM
Old 12-18-2012
Just renaming the file by changing the extension to .pdf will not convert a file to PDF. You have to use an app, for example:text2pdfto convert a text file to PDF.

For applying password on your PDF file, you can install and use pdftk. A simple google search will yield results on how to use this app to apply password.

I hope this helps.
This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in setting up password without Interaction.

Can anybody tell me how can I create an account without having to enter the password after editing the vipw file. I mean the system should automatically take care of the password encryption in the shadow file and I don't to enter the password again and the Account should be ready to go. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: syedifti
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Password Setting

Hi: Could I set the: - Login Time-out Interval - Password History Count - Lockout Duration - Lockout Threshold for user account in Sun Solaris 5.8. Thanks for your help (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlsun
6 Replies

3. Programming

Linux C - how to open a pdf file with default reader

sorry if i repost this... hi.. i want to ask how to open pdf files using C in Linux in Windows, i just use this code: ShellExecute(GetDesktopWindow(), "open", "D:\\Folder\\File.pdf", NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL); thanks for advance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunardo
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting password in ldap

Hi, I have installed open ldap according to the order from this video: YouTube - bowendenning's Channel sudo apt-get install slapd sudo apt-get install ldap-utils sudo apt-get install phpldapadmin The installaion was good. However it did NOT ask from me any password. After I enter to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies

5. Solaris

default password setting

Can anyone kindly explain to me the meaning of the default values of the code below please? Thank you very much #MINDIFF=3 #MINALPHA=2 #MINNONALPHA=1 #MINUPPER=0 #MINLOWER=0 #MAXREPEATS=0 #MINSPECIAL=0 #MINDIGIT=0 #WHITESPACE=YES (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

6. SuSE

Setting password complexity

Hi, I am setting password complexity in SLES 11. I am able to do most of things pam-config -d --pwcheck pam-config -a --cracklib pam-config -a --cracklib-minlen=8 pam-config -a --cracklib-dcredit=-1 pam-config -a --cracklib-ocredit=-1 pam-config -a --pwhistory pam-config -a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Problems setting password.

Hi All, I have a problem setting the password when I have to create a user and password as detailed below. username : gaacj01 password : oshopp01 username : gaacj02 password : oshopp02 username : gaacj03 password : oshopp03 username : gaacj04 password : oshopp04 username : gaacj05 ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittigolf
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scanning a pdf file in Linux shell

I want to search a keyword in a list of pdf files and when i find a match i want to write the title and author of that pdf file to another file. How will I do this using linux shell script? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SK33
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

Password compliance setting

I need to set password compliance for some servers in my company. However, the requirements are that we need to set different password policies for 3 different user groups within the company. These are : System Users: i.e root, etc Batch/Application Users: oracle, bscs, etc Standard User:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a text file and a pdf file from Linux command results.

Hello. The task : Using multiple commands like : gdisk -l $SOME_DISK >> $SOME_FILEI generate some text file. For readiness I must insert page break. When the program is finished I want to convert the final text file to a pdf file. When finished, I got two files : One text file and One pdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
pstopdf(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						pstopdf(1)

NAME
pstopdf -- convert PostScript input into a PDF document. SYNOPSIS
pstopdf [inputfile] [-o outname] [-l] [-p] DESCRIPTION
pstopdf is a tool to convert PostScript input data into a PDF document. The input data may come from a file or may be read from stdin. The PDF document is always written to a file. The name of the output PDF file is derived from the name of the input file or may be explicitly named using the -o option. Flags: -o outname The name of the output file to create. If an explicit file name is not supplied, the output file will be created in the current directory and named foo.pdf for an input file named foo.ps -l Specifies that any messages generated during file conversion be written to a log file. For an output file named foo.pdf the generated log file is foo.pdf.log rather than generated to stdout. If there are no messages, the log file is not generated. -p Generates a simple progress message to stdout at the end of each page. Because conversion of complex or lengthy PostScript input can take time, it is sometimes useful to see that progress is being made. Progress messages are always written to stdout even when the -l (log file) option is specified. EXAMPLES
pstopdf inputfile.ps Creates a PDF file named inputfile.pdf from the PostScript data in the input file inputfile.ps pstopdf -o outputfilename Creates a PDF file named outputfilename from the PostScript data read from stdin. Apple Computer, Inc. May 31, 2019 Apple Computer, Inc.