Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing blank lines from a file Post 302745837 by bmk on Tuesday 18th of December 2012 07:37:49 AM
Old 12-18-2012
Try like...
Code:
  awk 'NF>0' test.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank spaces from a file?

Guys, I need some help... how can I remove the blank spaces between the lines below? (between the date and the hour fields) 21/05/07 00:05:00 99 21/05/07 00:10:01 99 21/05/07 00:15:00 99 21/05/07 00:20:00 99 21/05/07 00:25:00 99 I want to make the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfs
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Blank Lines

Hi i have the below lines from a file 7538 PRGRP450800PERSONAL SOAP AND BATH ADDITIV 7036 PRGRP450800PERSONAL SOAP AND BATH ADDITIV 7036 PRGRP450800PERSONAL SOAP AND BATH ADDITIV 7036... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing duplicate blank lines

Hi, how to remove the blank lines from the file only If we have more than one blank line. thanks rameez (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameezrajas
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank lines from comma seperated and space seperated file.

Hi, I want to remove empty/blank lines from comma seperated and space seperated files Thanks all for help (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: removing blank lines from multiple files

Hi Guru's , I have a whole bunch of files in /var/tmp that i need to strip any blank lines from, so ive written the following script to identify the lines (which works perfectly).. but i wanted to know, how can I actually strip the identified lines from the actual source files ?? my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing blank lines in a file

Hi I have a text file that has blank lines at different places. How to remove all the blank lines in a file? Thanks Ashok (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing blank lines not working

In my bash script I want to echo lines in a file and ensure no blank lines are echoed:for i in $(cat txt) do echo $i | sed 's/|/ /g;s/ SEARCHTERM$//g;s/ /\r\n/g;s/^$/d' done Keep in mind this is a fragment so ignore the fact that the for loop is not closed. When I add the "s/^$/d' per... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank lines

Hi, my input file is like this I want to remove the blank line. "/home/rit/sandbox/garuda/data/test/woman/T_RITK_F0008_ML_100080039.lab" r a N e l a k sh a m . "/home/rit/sandbox/garuda/data/test/woman/T_RITK_F0008_ML_100070453.lab" a v a s (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejithalokkan
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete blank spaces and blank lines in a file

Hi Gurus, Somebody can say me how to delete blank spaces and blank lines in a file unix, please. Thank you for advanced. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check Blank Lines, Blank Records and Junk Characters in a File

Hi All Need Help I have a file with the below format (ABC.TXT) : ®¿¿ABCDHEJJSJJ|XCBJSKK01|M|7348974982790 HDFLJDKJSKJ|KJALKSD02|M|7378439274898 KJHSAJKHHJJ|LJDSAJKK03|F|9898982039999 (cont......) I need to write a script where it will check for : blank lines (between rows,before... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatwithsaurav
6 Replies
CURSES_SCROLL(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					  CURSES_SCROLL(3)

NAME
curses_scroll, scrl, wscrl scroll, scrollok, setscrreg, wsetscrreg -- curses window scrolling routines LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses, -lcurses) SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int scrl(int n); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); int scroll(WINDOW *win); int scrollok(WINDOW *win, boolf flag); int setscrreg(int top, int bottom); int wsetscrreg(WINDOW *win, int top, int bottom); DESCRIPTION
These functions scroll areas on stdscr or on the specified window. The scrl() function scrolls stdscr by n lines. If n is positive then then stdscr is scrolled up. n lines are lost from the top of stdscr and n blank lines are inserted at the bottom. If n is negative then stdscr is scrolled down. n blank lines are inserted at the top of stdscr and n lines are lost from the bottom. The wscrl() function is the same as the scrl() function, excepting that it scrolls the window specified by win. The scroll() function scrolls the window win up by one line. The scrolling behaviour of a window can be controlled by using the scrollok() function. If the flag argument is TRUE then a line wrap at the bottom of the window will cause the window to be scrolled up one line, if flag is FALSE then lines that would force a scroll will be trun- cated. The setscrreg() function sets up a software scrolling region on stdscr which will define a region of the screen that will be scrolled. The scrolling of this region is also controlled by the scrollok() function. The wsetscrreg() function does the same as the setscrreg() function, except that the scrolling region is set on the window specified by win. If a scrolling region has been set with the setscrreg() or wsetscrreg() functions and the current cursor position is inside the scrolling region, then only the area inside the scrolling region is scrolled. RETURN VALUES
Functions returning pointers will return NULL if an error is detected. The functions that return an int will return one of the following values: OK The function completed successfully. ERR An error occurred in the function. SEE ALSO
curses_deleteln(3), curses_insdelln(3), curses_insertln(3) STANDARDS
The NetBSD Curses library complies with the X/Open Curses specification, part of the Single Unix Specification. HISTORY
The Curses package appeared in 4.0BSD. BSD
August 12, 2002 BSD